Here are the special zombies of CKZ2. I have added my techniques in killing them off in regular missions. Grenade launchers are already automatic solutions to these zombies. My definition of good weapons would be one that has at least 200 damage. And, yes, doing headshots are pointless with these zombies.Smasher
– One big hulking zombie. It starts off slow but can be quite fast when it rushes towards you. The hide of this SOFB is tough and it takes a lot before you can kill it. Its weakness it that it becomes stunned after dashing. With weapons such as the ZRU-12 and MP-643, take time to avoid it or even do a hit and run (it will take a while). Now if you use a DAMAGE BOOST, then expect this zombie to die quicker. Other ways of killing it are: 1) a grenade launcher with 2-3 shots. 2) a crossbow enhanced with a damage boost, dies with 1-2 shots 3) chainsaw enhanced with damage boost, dies in about 10-15 seconds. Please avoid being trapped in a room with this zombie.Bomber
– This is one annoying zombie. It is not strong BUT it is usually game over when it is right in front of you when it explodes and you have no room to maneuver. Like the Spitter, this is a zombie that you need to kill from afar. You can try to lure it away with a beacon grenade (make sure you throw the beacon grenade far from you, ok?) and shoot then at it until it explodes. Now, question is when it is on top of you. Will you survive when it explodes? If you have a full life, chances are you would luckily have at least 10 – 15 % life left. I do notice the damage is somewhat related to how much life it has before it explodes (need to double check). It will explode once it is near you – count about 2-3 seconds before the kaboom. Don't bother running away. Best you use a defibulator.Spitter
– Ugh, I hate to be anywhere close to this one. But compared to the Bomber, this is one is still tolerable. Hitting it from afar would be the best way to kill it. Damage boost on any good weapon (ZRU-12 or MP-643). Worst case scenario is this zombie appears when you are in a small room or in a tight spot. Stay far as possible and avoid the acid puddles - these puddles still damage you when you step on it.Thrower
– This zombie is not that bad. As a matter of fact, I consider this one of the easier special zombies to kill. The basic technique (as shown in the description in the loading screen) is to hit it then avoid the two projectiles then hit it again. Any decent weapon would do. Damage boosts help kill it faster. But one thing you should not do unless you are very sure that you can kill it quickly - stay in one place. And (I have tried it for the heck of it) you can't shoot down its projectiles.Piper
– This is one decent zombie - and by far the one with the lowest health. It is not the strongest BUT you have to kill it before it calls many of its minions. Now these minions (two at a time) are tenacious [email protected]
The minions appear when the Piper successfully completes its annoying yell. The minions die easily but can literally take you down when there are many of them. You normally die because the minions keep coming and coming. And the Piper tries its best to stay away from you. When you know there is a Piper, go look for it and kill it quickly. Staying in one place for it is not a smart thing to do. Take note that it dodges fast sometimes which makes it a little hard to kill.
Comments and feedback welcome. Feel free to share any additional tips on these zombies.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.