Basic Manuevers in CKZ2

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
You probably know these manuevers already. These are skills that I use to ensure I do survive a mission.

Double tap on left side of screen - This allows Evelyn to quickly look at the back/front especially if you know that there is a zombie there and you need to quickly get a bead on it. I also use it when I run the opposite direction to reload. Then I stop, double tap then fire at the incoming zombies.

Flanking shot - This works well with a handgun or assault rifle with a high rate of fire. While running, use the right part of the screen to get a sight of the zombie and fire at it. Accuracy will be affected by doing this. I don't recommend doing this with a sniper rifle as you really have a high chance of missing. Also instead of shooting, you can use the beacon grenade to draw the zombies attention from you.

Firing while moving backwards or forwards- A very standard way of killing zombies and keeping a safe distance between you and them is moving backward. It also works well with weapons with a fast reload like the automatic handguns and assault rifles. Just be sure that you don't back up to a wall and you get cornered - even worse when you are out of ammo. Now, if you have a powerful weapon like the Streetsweeper or Mortara, it is better to move forward while shooting. When you are low on ammo, switch weapons or run backwards and reload (then do the double tap on the left screen).

Quick change weapons - There are times changing your weapons is much better than reloading since it is faster. As a rule, handguns (MP-643), shotguns (Streetsweeper) and melee work well at really at close range. Hence, I start off with the assault or sniper rifles then switch to the close range weapons. Also be aware of what are the best weapons to use. Example: If a special zombie is just around the corner, might as wait for it and ready the grenade launcher. If it is still alive then use another weapon to finish it.

Comments and feedback are welcome.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    Nice tips dilg2012! Thanks for all the help that you provide. I am having a hard time finding those darn bonus crates lol. Is there typical places that they put them?
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    I have a separate discussion on hunting for bonus crates. More often than not, they are usually hidden behind crates and in the alleys.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?3158-Hunting-for-Bonus-Crates
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • palangkarayapalangkaraya Registered Users 39 Posts
    Quick change weapons - There are times changing your weapons is much better than reloading since it is faster. As a rule, handguns (MP-643), shotguns (Streetsweeper) and melee work well at really at close range. Hence, I start off with the assault or sniper rifles then switch to the close range weapons. Also be aware of what are the best weapons to use. Example: If a special zombie is just around the corner, might as wait for it and ready the grenade launcher. If it is still alive then use another weapon to finish it.

good idea but make sure all the weapons are fully loaded before you change it
    True ideally when you get the chance - reload all of your weapons. The last thing you need is you are reloading weapons and the zombies are ganging up on you.
  • palangkarayapalangkaraya Registered Users 39 Posts
    Melee weapon still can be used in very extreme emergency case, which is NOT I consider as a good idea especially when the boss comes.
    The last thing you need is to run out of ammo and you have a Smasher coming at you. Three suggestions: damage boost on your melee weapon, beacon grenade and save yourself, spend 3 glu gold to reload all your weapons.

Otherwise, consider restarting the mission. Even if you do revive yourself, your ammo does not reload when you revive and the special zombie does not die.