Playing in the New CKZ2 Arena

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
Here is a new update to CKZ2 - an endless arena where you can kill zombies galore for cash and XP. You will notice that you finish goals to get specific cash bonuses. If you are lucky, you can even pick up crates that give you glu gold or items.

As the waves progress, it does become challenging. You can hire mercenaries to help you (for glu gold) but you can also play solo.

Here are some tips that you may want to use:

1. Good weapon setup - Of course, the best weapons would really help you finish each wave. My recommendation is to at least have weapons with 200+ damage AND a grenade launcher since one of your problems will be dealing the special zombies and the firefighters (high damage/immune to headshots). For example, if you use a MP-942, chances are that you may use up 3/4 of the ammo of one load compared to 8-10 shots of an MP-643 to kill a security guard zombie.

I have tried various weapon setups in the arena and the minimum recommended setup for me is:
Melee - Any katana
Shotgun - 10 gauge shotgun
Assault Rifle - ZRU-12 Advanced
Handgun - MP-643
sniper Rifle - Demo X400
Exotic - Annihilator (for special zombies)

There are however three weapons that I highly suggest you have in the arena: The Streetsweeper or Wonder Twins, the Annihilator or Exterminator and the C16 Auto.

2. Don't stay in one place (Except when a special zombie appears) - Zombies pop up everywhere in the arena. The key here is to move about and kill zombies as they appear. The Streetsweeper here is very capable of killing waves of zombies however I do like the Wonder Twins because they kill firefighters and security guard zombies instantly. Wonder Twins can kill Spitters and Bombers with 3 shots.

Now when special zombies do appear, I suggest staying in one place and try to determine where the zombie is. Reserve the grenade launcher for special zombies.

3. Kill the Piper immediately - Among all the special zombies - beware of the Piper. When you know that there is a Piper in the arena, look for it and kill it as quickly as possible. Piper minions can be very annoying and can use up a lot of your ammo.

4. Reload while running/switch weapons when needed - Make it a point that you have your weapons reloaded. When you can't reload, switch weapons. Ammo refill crates replenish every 2-3 minutes and emergency ammo refills are costly unless you have extra gold.

5. Use beacon grenades wisely - The beacon grenade is your lifesaver. When you have low ammo, cannot reload immediately and caught in a corner, throw a beacon grenade to redirect the zombies - preferrably away from you. Use this time to save yourself.

Comments and feedback welcome.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• palangkarayapalangkaraya Registered Users 39 Posts
    There are however three weapons that I highly suggest you have in the arena: The Streetsweeper or Wonder Twins, the Annihilator or Exterminator and the C16 Auto.
    [You DO need handguns too and in case you don't know, there will be a special task where you MUST ONLY use handguns or any particular weapon for some certain waves.

Don't stay in one place (Except when a special zombie appears) - Zombies pop up everywhere in the arena. The key here is to move about and kill zombies as they appear. The Streetsweeper here is very capable of killing waves of zombies however I do like the Wonder Twins because they kill firefighters and security guard zombies instantly. Wonder Twins can kill Spitters and Bombers with 3 shots.

The zombies deal more damage and stronger every wave and yes, I do agree about wonder twins is better than street sweeper. On regards of special zombies, I still prefer using the weapon mass destruction other than normal weapons since the ammo supply box will be ready for more than 1 minutes and becomes longer after you resupply your weapons, therefore I need to use my normal weapons wisely since it would be a waste of using exotic weapon on 1 zombie.

Kill the Piper immediately - Among all the special zombies - beware of the Piper. When you know that there is a Piper in the arena, look for it and kill it as quickly as possible. Piper minions can be very annoying and can use up a lot of your ammo.

On some certain requirements, there is a moment where keeping the minions of Piper is considered as a good idea. I had a task where I had to kill 160 (if not mistaken) minion of Piper

Reload while running/switch weapons when needed - Make it a point that you have your weapons reloaded. When you can't reload, switch weapons. Ammo refill crates replenish every 2-3 minutes and emergency ammo refills are costly unless you have extra gold.

@dilg, I believe you played Contract Killer Zombie 1 before and you noticed that keeping the last surviving zombie will stop the zombies from spawning. In a situation of running out all the ammo, STRONGLY recommended to keep the last surviving zombie alive and run away from that zombie till the ammo box crates is ready.

Use beacon grenades wisely - The beacon grenade is your lifesaver. When you have low ammo, cannot reload immediately and caught in a corner, throw a beacon grenade to redirect the zombies - preferrably away from you. Use this time to save yourself.

This one is true and no need for me to put more information, BUT there (again) is a task where you must kill zombies with explosion; therefore the best is using this beacon grenade.