Wave 50....

AY420AY420 Registered Users 76 Posts
I made it to wave 49 today and tried and tried to get to wave 50. I was unsuccessful but will try again with damage boosts next time. I think I can do it. Works really great for power leveling!
Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.

Comments

• dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    Good for you. Learn the technique of when to use the grenade launcher. Your main weapons should be the assault rifle and the auto sniper rifle. Depends on you if you want to use the C16 Auto or the Mortara/machinegun.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • AY420AY420 Registered Users 76 Posts
    Great advice. I did learn to save the exterminator for when I really needed it (group of four or more or special zombies) and relied completely on the mortara and the auto sniper rifle for everything else. There definitely seems to be a technique to it as you said. At first I was wasting a lot of grenades. I might try that wave 50 again today to see if I can double my score. I'd love to get 500K in points.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    I was able to go past Wave 50. Here is what I did. I did not have the Mortara then. The C16 Auto was good enough. Also, I did not use any grenades.

1. Start off with Auto Sniper Rifle. If possible kill off as many zombies at long distance. Do not wait for them to pile up near the entrance. That will only make it difficult. Remember ... unlike the Boarles .50, the Auto Sniper Rifle does not immediately kill a security guard zombie.
    2. When zombies are near by but still manageable, try using the desert/golden hawk and streetsweeper. Only when really necessary then you use the grenade launcher. The range of the grenade launcher is just past the car blockade.
    3. I advise using the grenade launcher for the following cases - 1. when dealing with a special zombie and 2. group of zombies nearing the car blockade or coming from the right side. If you are going to kill an ordinary zombie, use any other gun instead.
    4. Use the Reload Box during these suggested instances: before the start of the next wave, when you are out of grenade shots and you need to kill off a group of zombies. As long as you can see the tip of the reload box and tap on it, you can reload immediately.
    5. As much as possible, reload when you know that it is safe and zombies are not piling up near the base. I advise to switch weapons instead. When reloading, check your grid and see how many zombies are left/nearby. Reload interval is about 30-45 secs.

My personal rule: 1-2 zombies = handgun; 2-4 at very close range = streetsweeper/assault rifle; more than 5 or too close to the base/special zombie = grenade launcher

Hopefully these tips help. I suggest you try to get a rhythm when using the weapons. This is mine: Sniper shot default, switch to handgun, then switch to assault rifle, switch streetsweeper; when Special Zombies are far = ASR, Special Zombies are near = Grenade Launcher, all safe = reload all guns but set default to Auto Sniper Rifle; no more/low ammo = Reload; Repeat process but priority should be Sniper for long range and assault rifle for 2-4 at close range.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
    Have already reached past Wave 50 in the Survival Mission with the current weapon setup: Exterminator, Auto Sniper Rifle, Streetsweeper, Golden Hawk and C16 Auto.

Had at least 25% life left on the base when I got to Level 50. Now what happens then is that zombies just keep on coming and coming. You see multiple special zombies popping up - especially Bombers and Smashers.

Definitely, the Shooter weapon package (C16 Auto, Exterminator, Auto Sniper Rifle) is the key to reaching this far. I recommend using all of your weapons effectively since you need to last until the next ammo reload/wave. The longest time an ammo reload will replenish is about 1 minute. This means learning how to switch from one gun to another.

If many of the zombies are far away, kill quickly them with the sniper rifle - do not wait for them to reach your base before killing them. If it is just one or two common zombies nearing the base, use the handgun. When you need to reserve your remaining grenade shots, use the shotgun or assault rifle (might be different if I had used the light machinegun).
    Learn to keep some grenade rounds as emergency when zombies are near the base. Use the reload ammo kit when absolutely necessary - almost out of ammo or starting the next wave.

After about 15 minutes, a runaway Bomber exploded near the base and ended my killing spree. (Note: When the Bomber explodes close to your base, it takes a decent amount of damage). I ended with 180,000+ points and killed almost 70 special zombies. Not bad.
    I have not been able to get to wave 50.... I was doing so well up until wave 49, not a single repair for gate until then. I have been playing for about five hours and I've got 490K in points, 3595 zombies dead (239 special). I'm going for 500K and calling it quits for now.
    AY420 wrote: »
    I have not been able to get to wave 50.... I was doing so well up until wave 49, not a single repair for gate until then. I have been playing for about five hours and I've got 490K in points, 3595 zombies dead (239 special). I'm going for 500K and calling it quits for now.

Well Wave 49 is an achievement in itself. Good job.

Mind if i check with you on some points and maybe they can help you get past Wave 50.
    1. Always be aware where the zombies are coming from and how many are left (check your radar). When reloading, use that time to quickly check how many zombies are left. If necessary, switch weapons instead of reloading.
    2. Kill zombies from a distance as quickly as possible with your sniper rifle.
    3. Remember how fast it takes to reload your weapons. Personally, I prefer the C16 Auto because it loads quicker.
    4. Don't worry about the common zombies unless they are a lot. Kill the security and scientist zombies first.

Hope you do well.
    Thanks, I'll try it again sometime soon and see if I can do it using some different strategies. Thanks for the all the info.
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    I know who I'm hangin' with if we ever have a REAL zombie attack!!!:D;)
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
    shanny wrote: »
    I know who I'm hangin' with if we ever have a REAL zombie attack!!!:D;)

Thanks for the compliment. Although mind u i have pathetic aim. I prefer going close range shooting, melee and best of all - explosives. If ever we do face zombies, try to stock up on high proof vodka. They make good molotovs. Burn bebe burn you pesky zombeh.

Cheers.
  • palangkarayapalangkaraya Registered Users 39 Posts
    In survival mode, I only need rocket launcher and sniper rifle. Hardly use assault rifle. When the boss comes, I will use the rocket launcher. The main thing is, you MUST keep an eye of the zombie attack from the right side. Many of us (or maybe just me?) always fail on that part.
    Yes, there are actually FOUR points for you to watch out if you want to get to Wave 50. Sometimes you do not notice them when you are using the scope of the sniper rifle. Make it a habit to scope out from time to time or immediately check your surroundings when reloading the sniper rifle. As a rule, kill far away zombies as quickly as possible but priortize nearby zombies - always have a grenade launcher round ready.

1. The last car in the car barricade - a zombie will usually pop up there unexpectedly.

2. The right side of the car barricade - just behind those cars lurk unsuspecting zombies.

2. The nearest alley on the left side - this is another place where zombies come out. I do not security zombies and scientist zombies are the most common ones coming out from this place.

3. The right side alley - Not only do common zombies come out here but also special zombies, particularly Throwers, Bombers and Pipers/Piper minions.
  • palangkarayapalangkaraya Registered Users 39 Posts
    Now, we will get a notification when the gate is being attacked. Once you get that notification, change your weapon immediately to exotic weapon and shoot those zombies that closer to the gate. I NEVER consider crossbow is an exotic weapon since I am expecting exotic weapon MUST have ability to kill more than 1 zombies
    Hopefully they can make the crossbow exotic by adding explosive tipped arrows like in Rambo.