Some bugs in daily challenges

LonewolfLonewolf Registered Users 2 Posts
a lot of the requirements set in daily challenges are not what it means. For example, when it says "block x times", I got my achievement by slashing x times. Some said I needed to drink 6 potions but I got it by winning 6 battles, etc. A lot of many different version of discrepancy. I'd just have to try doing different things to see what would trigger a count on the daily challenges.

Comments

• goro3dgoro3d Registered Users 26 Posts
    Ya I too have noticed weird things happening but if it works I get the challenges so not really a complaint lol!
  • BrettBrett Registered Users 11 Posts
    I encountered a bug in the daily challenges a few days back where it needed me to use 3 (I think? might have been 2) block potions for one challenge and the same number of attack potions for another. I did this and it didn't correctly complete those two challenges. It actually even showed the correct number used in the challenge info for each (3/3 or 2/2 as again I'm not sure I remember the exact requirement) but still didn't give me the reward or show the challenge as complete with a checkmark.

My best guess is that it maybe wasn't registering correctly since I lost one of the battles in which I used one of each potion. Whatever the reason, it registered the correct number in the count (2/2 or 3/3) but didn't complete the challenge.

However, today I got a similar pair of challenges to use 2 attack and 2 defense potions. I completed those without a problem and they rewarded me and showed as completed. So those worked correctly today. I did win those fights, though that may or may not have any bearing on it.
  • There is some sloppy programming with errors. Extra points potion %s and daily challenges stand out. Hey, it's just a game. Have fun.
    Just had another one where the challenge was "Defeat 37 gladiators" but it apparently actually was "dodge 37 attacks" as that's what it seemed to be counting rather than wins. Good thing, too; beating 37 guys would have taken quite a while.
  • Brett, You are good at catching errors. glu should use you as a beta tester.
    Had another couple of wrong ones here recently.

I forget what the one yesterday even said it was, but I couldn't even find anything that counted so I have no idea what it actually was. Sorry I don't recall what it was, so this isn't particularly helpful.

Today however I now have "Execute 68 Blocks" as a challenge which is actually counting standard attacks / swings against an enemy rather than blocking.

EDIT: also today one of the challenges is "Drink 4 health potions". I just fought a hard fight where I used 4 health potions (I've been stockpiling them) during the fight to make it through and win it, but sure enough that's not actually what the challenge is. It's still at 0/4 so I have no idea what it really is either.

I also want to clarify that I wouldn't even bother posting here if I didn't find the game entertaining. It's a fun little game. I'd just prefer to see fewer bugs in it, thus my posts reporting most of the ones I come across in the hopes that it will help take care of them. :)
    Today I have "Use 3 attack potions", which appears to actually be just "win 3 battles". I just got it by 3 wins and didn't use any attack potions. I also have "Dodge 21 times", which is another I can't figure out what it actually really is. It's not dodging, winning matches, using glorious strikes, or doing combos, so no idea on that one.

It seems that a very high percentage of these daily challenges are bugged in this manner with the displayed goal not matching what it's actually counting.

EDIT: also today the third challenge is "Win 22 battles using Bellua weapon" (which I don't have due to a different bug as per the other topic), but it seems to be tracking blocks with my shield. I'm currently using the Torvus Mace.
    Brett wrote: »
    Just had another one where the challenge was "Defeat 37 gladiators" but it apparently actually was "dodge 37 attacks" as that's what it seemed to be counting rather than wins.
    Just got this one again. Today it was "Defeat 24 gladiators" again, and again what it actually is counting is dodging attacks. That one's consistent at least.
    Today I have "Use 3 attack potions", which appears to actually be just "win 3 battles". I just got it by 3 wins and didn't use any attack potions.
    Got this one again as well. Today it is "Use 4 attack potions" but is likewise actually counting wins.

The third challenge I have today is "Use 2 attack potion"; note the lack of an "s" on "potion" unlike the above challenge. Maybe this one actually is correctly tracking attack potion use, but I don't feel like wasting one to confirm.

I wonder if it would be worth me digging into the data files? Assuming the game stores its data using SQLite like most Android apps, that might work. From the lack of response here it doesn't seem like the devs are particularly interested in fixing these bugs.
  • Hey Brett, good luck. I'm bailing because I am getting as frustrated as you (no daily bonus on day 100). Maybe see you in another virtual world. I play as Vlad in Chaos helicopter game. These games consume so much time I may quit them entirely. I respect your intelligent thoughts. Live long and prosper.
  • chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
    I'm having an issue with the daily bonus day 10, Win 3 battles to get belllua. Won 3 battles didn't get it. What am i doing wrong
    I'm having an issue with the daily bonus day 10, Win 3 battles to get belllua. Won 3 battles didn't get it. What am i doing wrong

You're not doing anything wrong. It's one of the many bugs in this game. After 4 times through I never got it.
  • budun_konichiwa93budun_konichiwa93 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Cant i get free coin
    Hellooo
  • keyyseerkeyyseer Registered Users 2 Posts
    You're not doing anything wrong. It's one of the many bugs in this game. After 4 times through I never got it.
    That really sucks. Glu should be ashamed. Having the same problem.
  • kevty28kevty28 Registered Users 5 Posts
    There is some sloppy programming with errors. Extra points potion %s and daily challenges stand out. Hey, it's just a game. Have fun.
    No doubt the game is fun and I will continue to enjoy playing it, but dealing with the bugs can be quite tedious or better yet time consuming; whereas we already spend quite a bit of of our day playing this game. :-)