What did you do to beat wave 29

galdongaldon Registered Users 12 Posts
Wave 29 I'm forced to use that frail kunochi. Unfortunately, I cannot come up with any strategy that actually beats this wave. it, like wave 33 in the previous game, starts off lightning fast and doesn't give time to build any amount of loyalty to summon anything. Unlike the previous game however, it immediately throws enemies with a lot of HP that require a tank-like unit to take the field, and 90% of the enemies seem to be flying enemies so those same tank units cannot actually do anything (and Kunochi's ranged attack is PATHETIC)

To make matters worse, it would seem that using the flash bomb to stun enemies is not a valid tactic here, because either a bug or design choice results in the flying oni simply flying past all my front liners when affected by the stun.

I have both attacks and HP upgraded as high as they go with normal coins, and one upgrade on her leadership. I am using reinforcements to get free units, and fireworks cart since the stun bombs are unusable. Unfortunately as soon as the second wave comes in with a dozen flying oni and a possessed wheel anything i have set up is just steamrolled instantly.

What did you guys do to get past this wave?

Comments

• nagoyahnagoyah Registered Users 100 Posts
    To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how I beat it, but I did choose Kunochi as my 'main heroin' so I did use some glu coins and not just the silver ones. I used troop trample and lethargy the first time I beat the wave. It's actually the wave I replay for the bonuses nowadays, but I've got a third ability. The key is to time your troop trample whenever those birds arrive. Use Frostie the Bowman to slow them down even more, and whenever there are healers or music totems use lethargy and run behind the wave to kill them.
  • galdongaldon Registered Users 12 Posts
    Did they change the wave requirement for troop trample in a patch? I don't have troop trample unlocked yet. That would certainly have been useful for clearing out some of the enemies.
  • nagoyahnagoyah Registered Users 100 Posts
    galdon wrote: »
    Did they change the wave requirement for troop trample in a patch? I don't have troop trample unlocked yet. That would certainly have been useful for clearing out some of the enemies.
    It's under the all heroes abilities tree. You should be able to see there at which wave it's unlocked.
  • TonzaTonza Registered Users 14 Posts
    Yeah, tengus and onis are immune to flash bombs for some reason.
  • LloydValentineLloydValentine Registered Users 37 Posts
    galdon wrote: »
    Wave 29 I'm forced to use that frail kunochi. Unfortunately, I cannot come up with any strategy that actually beats this wave. it, like wave 33 in the previous game, starts off lightning fast and doesn't give time to build any amount of loyalty to summon anything. Unlike the previous game however, it immediately throws enemies with a lot of HP that require a tank-like unit to take the field, and 90% of the enemies seem to be flying enemies so those same tank units cannot actually do anything (and Kunochi's ranged attack is PATHETIC)

To make matters worse, it would seem that using the flash bomb to stun enemies is not a valid tactic here, because either a bug or design choice results in the flying oni simply flying past all my front liners when affected by the stun.

I have both attacks and HP upgraded as high as they go with normal coins, and one upgrade on her leadership. I am using reinforcements to get free units, and fireworks cart since the stun bombs are unusable. Unfortunately as soon as the second wave comes in with a dozen flying oni and a possessed wheel anything i have set up is just steamrolled instantly.

What did you guys do to get past this wave?

When I first played this level, this one almost caused me to throw my tablet across the room! lol. I always tried to beat all the levels without having to use my few revives, pots, etc., but my first time around, I was forced to use a revive. It's easier when you have your skills unlocked, but the first time is almost impossible. I updated her weapons, her health, my allies, my ladder points, and nothing seemed to work.
  • galdongaldon Registered Users 12 Posts
    finally did beat it; I had to grind glu coins for days in lil kingdom to buy upgrades for her.

feel sorry for iOS users, learned from my brother that gems aren't linked between games on iPhones.
  • DigitalKnightDigitalKnight Registered Users 4 Posts
    Guys.. SERIOUSLY how do you do this wave, I'm finding it impossible and getting so frustrated with it. had about 30+ goes and just can't beat it!!!

Have tried different combinations of allies but nothings working... I refuse to spend money on glu coins so how do you beat it without buying glu coins????

the thing that is getting me the most is the demon wheel, as soon as that comes along it turns my allies into mush. what is the most powerful ally vs the demon wheel ????

Please give me some tips!! thanks
  • DigitalKnightDigitalKnight Registered Users 4 Posts
    woohoo!!! finally did it!! i was getting battered because I didn't upgrade my leader ship... only just realised you can unlock the credits by downloading other games etc. for free lol.

anyway for any1 else who needs help i used farmers and spammed them to keep enemy far away, zato swordsman, rocket farmer and archer! combined this with reinforcements and lethargy! boom