Options

Stat limits?

jared511jared511 Registered Users 3 Posts
Are stats capped?

Example:

If I get block to be 75%, does that mean 3 out of 4 attacks will cause no damage!
If I also have dodge at 20%, will I take almost no damage 95% of the time?

Comments

• Options
    KarnageKarnage Registered Users 49 Posts
    if you have 75% block and 20% dodge, it would work this way:

Attack hits character:
    1. See if character dodges at 1/5 chance, if character does not dodge then
    2. See if character blocks at 3/4 chance

I do no think that the two actions are additive as that would be OP and that is not how percent work in math as well.
  • Options
    scape211scape211 Registered Users 45 Posts
    I think Karnage is probably right; I highly doubt they would lump those 2 abilities to equal a 95% chance of not being hit.

However, does anyone know how stats combine and if there is cap? Say my Tiberius has 30% block from the passive skill and has a few items that increase block; a shield with 10% block, and a breastplate with 15% block. Would he be at 55% block or would it be based on an average of some kind?

Also, I have an orange weapon with a high increased attack speed (35%) on Leogan. If I added a few more attack speed boosting items and increased my passive attack speed skill for this would i hit a wall at some point?
  • Options
    KarnageKarnage Registered Users 49 Posts
    The problem is this is hard to figure out. Since we do not know any of the starting values or current values(with bonuses). For instance if we knew the attacking speed starting value then we could compare it to the final value and determine if there is a wall.

All of this information is hidden from us so we cannot figure it out.

I think the best we can currently do is get the highest gear and visually inspect if the the attack is becoming faster or if you are blocking more.