Best Weapon Suggestions

JonathanJonathan Registered Users 1 Posts
Hi all. I was a big fan of the original, now loving # 2. I wanted to ask those who are higher levels for gun buying suggestions. I'm looking at the Thumper DX9, the Throcket, Spitfires, and the Hunchback. I'm in the 200,000 Xplodium range of money. Anyways, any suggestions as to which to buy? I know it's easy to just save up and buy the most expensive on the list (The Hunchback) but I'm a little ways away from it. I'd preferably rather buy the DX9, Throcket, or Spitfires right now and then sell it for the Hunchback later. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• TommyTommy Registered Users 22 Posts
    Save up and buy the HunchBack and Sharkettes and save up on War Bucks so you can upgrade them.

Trust me.
    Web Developer
    Game Center: Devistations
  • LegoGLLegoGL Registered Users 22 Posts
    I've been lovin my Devils Paintbrush. It is super legit. Haven't tried Tommys suggestion yet but have been lookin at the sharkettes. Saving for them currently.
  • TommyTommy Registered Users 22 Posts
    LegoGL wrote: »
    I've been lovin my Devils Paintbrush. It is super legit. Haven't tried Tommys suggestion yet but have been lookin at the sharkettes. Saving for them currently.

When I hire you as a Bro, your Devil's Paintbrush Gun does not seem as powerful imo. When I hired another bro before, they had a Death Piston and they did more damage than your Devil's Paintbrush :S. I have both The Hunchback and Death Forge and it feels that the Death Forge does more damage more quickly.

Strange :S
    Web Developer
    Game Center: Devistations
  • E92m3v8E92m3v8 Registered Users 12 Posts
    Devils paintbrush is nice since it shoots out homing shells that'll attack the nearest enemy, however it's rather weak. The death piston is like a mega super shotgun that'll destroy anything that's nearby it's barrel but is limited by its range. The spread gun or piranha rifle seems to be the most effective however it costs too much to upgrade to equal the power of the death piston or devils paintbrush. I have most of the weapons so if you want to add me and see how effective or ineffective these weapons are dont hesitate too.
    Game Center id is e92m3v8.
    Current level 35
    Hp 4420
    Speed 23
    Devils paintbrush power around 22000
    Death piston power around 19900
    Spread gun power around 10900
    Mods. Have all the highest level except for the dcoy
  • LegoGLLegoGL Registered Users 22 Posts
    Tommy wrote: »
    When I hire you as a Bro, your Devil's Paintbrush Gun does not seem as powerful imo. When I hired another bro before, they had a Death Piston and they did more damage than your Devil's Paintbrush :S. I have both The Hunchback and Death Forge and it feels that the Death Forge does more damage more quickly.

Strange :S

:mad:WTF!? How did you hire me?!:mad: now that that's out of the way. I traded my paintbrush in a few times for high level guns and felt that I liked its homing with the combo of the big gun. As always in GB there is the fast and lower powered vs the slow and high powered. In my opinion the paintbrush is great because it combines both which I like. I really am not a fan of the fund that shoot a giant ball of energy every second though. And when forced to choose I usually go with the lower powered faster guns as they indeed seem to do more damage.
  • someGUYwithADHDsomeGUYwithADHD Registered Users 52 Posts
    OK, so heres the weapons I have tried so far.
    Massacre: small decent shotgun, I'd get sawtooth pulse though.
    Muffler: AWESOME.

The slammer: standard rocket launcher. (its ok at best)
    Pathmaker is the next rocket launcher, and I currently have it. I wish there would have been more options... I dont like it do much.

The Hammer Shotgun is pretty nice. Nothing to brag about, but it sure doesnt suck!

Death Force Chain gun is pretty boss... its so beefed up, im killing ANY color shields with it.
    I highly suggest it ro beginners.

Late game I have spread eagle, which is a great weapon if you hate having to aim all the time. (LOL) In fact this is my favorite weapon so far.

I just switched my Hunchback(Chaingun) for Sharkettes(Pistols)... which i regret
    I agree with Mom, chainguns rule. I've always hated pistols.... even if they ARE a tad stronger.

hope this helps!
    YES.... I REALLY have A.D.H.D., why is that so hard to believe?

"A man who makes no mistakes, is a man who does nothing at all." -Favorite Quote
  • MomMom Registered Users 35 Posts
    Mom's personal preferences:

- ANY CHAIN GUN!!!! Chain guns may slow your bro down, especially when firing, but they do a massive amount of damage. The best technique is to fire the chain gun in bursts (quickly fire at enemies, then release the control stick for a second and then fire again). The burst fire technique will allow you to kill enemies quickly while maintaining a decent speed to avoid enemies, and this will prevent the gun from overheating (firing a chain gun for 4 seconds will cause it to overheat and not fire for 2 seconds to let it cool down).

- LOCKDOWN: this laser is equipped with a homing feature which requires very little effort in aiming. And once an enemy's barrier is broken, the Lockdown will stun the enemy as long as the laser is continuously hitting the them; this "lockdown" stun ability is great for larger enemies such as the Pus Tanks and Puslings.

- MANTIS: this is the ultimate chain gun! As I mentioned earlier, chain guns are my favorite type of gun due to how much damage they dish out, but the Mantis is a special chain gun; it never overheats (continuously fire to your heart's content!) and the Mantis shoots bullets in various directions, making it a semi-spread gun. Plus it just looks cool the way the barrel spins and the bullets explode on impact!

Please continue to share your favorite guns! And also feel free to let us know which guns you'd like to see improved, or if you have any ideas for new guns you'd like to see in the game; we love to hear feedback and suggestions! Please add any suggestions to the "Suggestions" page on this forum: http://ggnbb.glu.com/forumdisplay.php?26-Suggestions
  • TotallyNotSteveTotallyNotSteve Registered Users 221 Posts
    Pfft.

Everyone knows the Death Piston is the best gun in the game.

COME AT ME, BRO!

... Otherwise, yeah... I agree with Mom. The Mantis is pretty cool.
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    I agree with the Mantis, Death Piston and Devil's Paintbrush as good weapons.

Currently, settling with the Mantis. The only problem I have with the paintbrush is that enemies with barriers dont get that much damage from the homing projectiles.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • vashievashie Registered Users 14 Posts
    Im saving my glu gold for devils paint brush.. but I farmed about 300k of xplodium. and want to know if which for xplodium, weapon are better, the throcket or hunch back or thumper?

the throcket is rocket launcher and has 900+ damage
    what is the hunch back? shotgun chain gun?
    thumper sounds like a chain gun

what is ur opinion on xplodiun weapons? or should I continue to save for sharkett? lots of damage but dont know if its any good.
  • vashievashie Registered Users 14 Posts
    ok so i purchased the "devil's paint brush" this weekend when it was on sale. the money saved i upgraded it to 8900+ damage. this was upgraded 10 times, costing pretty much 1000 glu gold, not really worth it. with that kind of glu gold you can purchase another weapon almost. anyways i started using it and that weapon over heats if you continue to fire.

seems to do very little damage as some other players mentioned. maybe i need to upgrade it to 20,000+ damage like some other players for it to be "boss" but i just don't have that much glu gold. i'm saving so i can upgrade my mantis and try my luck on another best odds chest.

and i purchased the throcket with my xplodium. it's not bad but takes about a second to fire the next shot. it's not bad, not great. i wish the ammo launched from this weapon is larger but it's like a small/medium size rocket. because of the size of the rocket it's hard to hit enemies, you'll have to be a bit more accurate with your shooting.

does the thumper over heat? how about the hunch back?
  • someGUYwithADHDsomeGUYwithADHD Registered Users 52 Posts
    Tommy wrote: »
    Save up and buy the HunchBack and Sharkettes and save up on War Bucks so you can upgrade them.

Trust me.

Forget Sharkettes, get the Spread Eagle. I know its credits, but if you simply save the ones you get from gun bros(1), you could jhave it in like 2 weeks max
    YES.... I REALLY have A.D.H.D., why is that so hard to believe?

"A man who makes no mistakes, is a man who does nothing at all." -Favorite Quote
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Forget Sharkettes, get the Spread Eagle. I know its credits, but if you simply save the ones you get from gun bros(1), you could jhave it in like 2 weeks max

Remember though that is only for android devices . iOS needs to earn the money and it stays in that game (or you could buy it too) . Thats one thing android has over iOS but we still got the game earlier and the updates earlier too xD haha . But yes spread eagle is great especially when fully upgraded. You wont be touched until high rounds if you fully upgrade it (and dont stand there motionless just shoting like a dummy).
    IMG%5D
  • 0275134802751348 Registered Users 16 Posts
    IMO devils paint brush is not that bad, the homing projectile can stop the enemies, then use the main beam to kill them.

I found that devils paint brush is more effective in killing large enemy like tank and fat guy, but it is weak or slow to kill small enemy with shield.

The mods can redeem the weakness, I use Spider mine Mk.3 to "shield off" the small enemies, and use 2 Shockwave Mk.3
    to clear the enemies around me. Shockwave Mk.3 is powerful enough to kick off shielded enemies.
  • felixkun220felixkun220 Registered Users 6 Posts
    Mantis, Hunchback, and Sharkettes. I think the Paintbrush does too little damage, the Death Piston range is too small, the Incinerator RPM is too low, and the Lockdown "overheats" like other lasers.
  • felixkun220felixkun220 Registered Users 6 Posts
    @vashie The Thumper overheats like other Chain guns, the Hunchback is a rifle and does not overheat
    @vashie The Thumper overheats like other Chain guns, the Hunchback is a rifle and does not overheat

The mantis is a chain gun and very powerful plus if you upgrade it completely i doubt there is any boss you cant go through with the mantis chain gun :) .
    IMG%5D
  • MegaPatronMegaPatron Registered Users 9 Posts
    I got the Devils paint brush while it was on sale awhile to. Tho i have to admit its not all that great. Even upgraded at 8644(lvl5) its not that good. The beam is indeed powerful but takes along time for it to shoot. The homing spread shots don't do much damage, or break shields even! The lock-down i had did better then the devils paint brush >_>. I'm thinking on getting the Death Piston since its on sale along with the spread eagle, or the Mantis alone. What do you guys think?
  • MegaPatronMegaPatron Registered Users 9 Posts
    I just realized i had enough for both Death Piston and the Mantis after selling my lvl5 devils paint brush. And MAN The Mantis is WAY better than the devils paint brush! At just 3960 pwr it can mow down anything in its path! The Death piston is good at close range when you are clustered. Luckily it was on sale :)
    Yes death piston will blast anything near you and the mantis is a powerful chain gun without the need to wait due to overheating.
    IMG%5D
  • TeflonicusTeflonicus Registered Users 63 Posts
    I'm still using Sharkettes and the Hunchback. Both good guns, but next-to-useless in the 2nd and 3rd endless modes compared to the best of the warbucks guns. I really wish Glu would make GB2 like GB was in relation to being able to get warbucks by watching videos.
  • NOLABUBNOLABUB Registered Users 20 Posts
    Jonathan wrote: »
    Hi all. I was a big fan of the original, now loving # 2. I wanted to ask those who are higher levels for gun buying suggestions. I'm looking at the Thumper DX9, the Throcket, Spitfires, and the Hunchback. I'm in the 200,000 Xplodium range of money. Anyways, any suggestions as to which to buy? I know it's easy to just save up and buy the most expensive on the list (The Hunchback) but I'm a little ways away from it. I'd preferably rather buy the DX9, Throcket, or Spitfires right now and then sell it for the Hunchback later. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

Buy the Thumper DX9, powerful for it's price (it will get you pretty easily through bro-pocalypse.). It lasted me a long time before I got the mantis :p
  • ChicagoEMSChicagoEMS Registered Users 22 Posts
    Question for all is the death forge better than the dx9 or the hunchback is dope period? What I am asking is what are the best two xplodium value guns. I don't want to pay for war bucks just to buy the guns I am a grinder love the hard way of playing!!! Feel free to add me GC: ChicagoEMS
  • bhsnipesbhsnipes Registered Users 1 Posts
    Im fairly new here, I am deciding to get the mantis or the death piston, that do you guys recommend?
  • ChicagoEMSChicagoEMS Registered Users 22 Posts
    Mantis!!!!!!!
  • MrHannerMrHanner Registered Users 1 Posts
    $50 for 1325 warbucks doesn't even get the Mantis. This is my problem with these games. Its a little game and they all follow these insanely inflated buying schemes. I will never spend such a crazy amount of money for ONE item on a game for a phone. Friggin crazy.
  • mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    can always get the death piston... super strong and beyond epic when you get it level to 30

Shield colour doesnt even matter when its that strong