Options

SvZ 2 crashing at GLU screen

I've been playing svz2 for at least a month with no real problems. Launched it yesterday and it loaded the initial GLU screen and then dropped me back to my iphone icon page. Worked fine the day before - nothing was updated or added. It just stopped working, but it did tell me today that my soul jar is full. Kind of funny.

I'm using an iphone 4s, updated ios, updated itunes, have restarted the device several times, closed all background apps and have half the memory on the phone empty. I've got a ticket in, but I'm eager to play and empty that soul jar. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Ann FrancesAnn Frances Registered Users 51 Posts
    No suggestions sorry, but I am having the same problem on ipad2 started yesterday also... Have sent a ticket hope they sort it soon...
  • Options
    OneidaDaveOneidaDave Registered Users 17 Posts
    I've received two replies from my ticket. One suggesting I restart the device (already done that several times) and once telling me to update the game - it already was. So no help from GLU yet.
  • Options
    OneidaDave wrote: »
    I've received two replies from my ticket. One suggesting I restart the device (already done that several times) and once telling me to update the game - it already was. So no help from GLU yet.

I have tried all that as well even resetting updating tried everything no joy !
  • Options
    Wink3Wink3 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Just an update for this and I hope some of you find this useful - I just installed the update last night. Then, I turned off wi-fi connection and all other internet connection. Loaded the game and the start button was back!

Ever since the beginning the game would not load for me if I had wi-fi or 3g connection open in my phone. I always got stuck in the loading screen. I had to have the internet connection off before the loading would go through. Once the game loads through, that's when you then turn on the internet connection in your phone.

The one time the loading went through with wifi on, that's when my buttons disappeared and the game didn't work anymore.
    Hope the "fix via update" would work for some of you. :)
  • Options
    Thank you Wink3, am pleased it worked for you just tried and had no luck with mine, hopefully they get the ticket I sent them and get it sorted PDQ .....
  • Options
    Wink3Wink3 Registered Users 4 Posts
    oops my bad replied to the wrong thread. thought this was the thread I posted in. my apologies and good luck to everyone with the problem here...
  • Options
    I tried it anyway. Didn't work for this issue. Glad you're all set now
  • Options
    KababloetKababloet Registered Users 1 Posts
    same problem... since 2 days ago
  • Options
    Well they are now researching my problem as they cannot recreate it themselves, it does sound though when reading all comments that a lot of us have the same problem, the game just will not load.... Fingers crossed they find the problem ASAP .:(
  • Options
    Going on two weeks and no suggestions other than reboot the device. I miss the zombies. :(
  • Options
    Bucket noiseBucket noise Registered Users 2 Posts
    I am having the same problem, and got the same advise from my ticket. I did upgrade from IOS5 to IOS6 and the first thing I did was try to launch the game, no success.
  • Options
    GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    I am having the same problem, and got the same advise from my ticket. I did upgrade from IOS5 to IOS6 and the first thing I did was try to launch the game, no success.

Thanks everyone. We are still looking into it and appreciate your patience! If I receive an update I'll let you know. The zombies miss you too, OneidaDave!
  • Options
    Still no luck starting the game here either, I am on iPad iOS 6 as well it booted me while I was p laying, to be honest am glad I am not the only one with problem because that proves fault with game not with my iPad. They are still researching it though they tell me .
  • Options
    FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    I just want to update this thread and close it since it is also discussed in another thread. We found the problem and addressed it. Ann is now back in the game and we continue improving the game for the next update.

Info was last posted here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?4384-HOW-LONG

I'm closing this as it is a duplicate and we will continue the discussion if needed over in that other thread.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.