freeze or shock grenades

jack smithjack smith Registered Users 53 Posts
I am getting real tired of doing challenges involving freeze or shock grenades because even though it looks like you are killing the enemy and it gives you the experience points when you finish a level it only shows a couple of kills with the grenades. I am tired of wasting my credit for nothing.

Comments

• shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    I never do the freeze or shock grenade challenges. The count is not accurate. It takes double the grenades to do the job, so it is not cost effective. You end up spending more then what the reward is. It is a known glitch, so a lot of people don't do them. The frag grenades are the only ones that have an accurate kill count.
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • PainPain Registered Users 7 Posts
    Hell most of the time i dont bother with frags even ...in deathmatch my grenades can explode right on an opponent and it still wont register the damage... As fun as some aspects of gunbros are... Its extremely glitch infested and glu doesnt seem to care about anything but making money
  • MaragostMaragost Registered Users 60 Posts
    Did someone create a ticket for this thing? I don't want to a pain for the support, but i'm playing Gun Bros since a month or so and i can say for (100%) sure that shock and freeze grenades are the most common challenges.

I tried the freeze grenades many days ago and so i don't remember how they work but about the shock ones, i noticed that they do an elettrical effect for a few seconds after the initial impact. Could it be that only enemies killed by that effect are counted?
    Hi Maragost. The shock and freeze grenades do not keep an accurate count. It usually takes double the grenades than needed to do the job (if not more). The frag grenades are the only grenade that has an accurate kill count. I don't even bother with the freeze and shock grenade challenges anymore. It is not cost effective. You end up spending more than you would win because of the kill count not being accurate. I hope this helps with what you were questioning.

Tickets on this matter have been filed, but because it is one of the older games, I don't think there will be much done with the situation. The best way to rectify this problem is to not do the challenges that involve the freeze or shock grenades. Frag grenades are totally safe though and has an accurate kill count.;)
  • vashievashie Registered Users 14 Posts
    hey jack smith, ur one of my gun bros and u always do the missions with me! I use to do the freeze/shock grenade missions with u but since gun bros 2 came out a lot of people stopped doing those missions. another gun bro that use to do those all the time was roadkill.. but now its just me and u doing them and its not worth it for the 2nd level reward.

at 80 gold its worth it but not 40. any other gun bro wanna join me and jack? let me know and ill add to brotherhood. if we get 3 bros doing it.. its worth totally worth the 16+40+80 gold!!
    Do you follow some particular way to do them?
    Maragost wrote: »
    Do you follow some particular way to do them?
    The people in my brotherhood that do them say to throw 2 at a time. So you may come out a couple gold ahead, but usually break even if you have to buy the grenades. If vashie knows of another trick,,that would be awesome. I still play Gun bro 1 and do all missions except the flash/freeze grenade ones. That game is quite the goldmine if you have the maximum reward on the missions. Thankfully they don't have the flash/freeze grenade ones often though. I like to do all missions daily....;)
    I also do them everyday but in a month or so, this last one at least, freeze and shock grenades were quite common and it makes me a bit sad to don't do them considering the amount of coins they give. I'll give them one last chance the next time, if i'm sure that someone else too is trying. I leave here again the link for the friendship. https://www.facebook.com/marco.agostini.5494
    (Playing on android)
    Freeze grenades today too! There were both freeze and shock yesterday. We really need to have them fixed or to find someone which explain how they work.
    i do it exactly how shanny explained. i just wait for a big group and a double throw freeze/shock. it'll cost you around 50 gold depending freeze or shock to kill 120-150 enemies. but if you have 3 gun bros that mission alone will bring in 136 glu gold. 136 (earned)-50(cost of nades) = 86 (profit). Not bad.. i'll break even if i only get 2 bros to complete the missing bringing in 16+40 = 56 gold.

maragost i'll add you to the bros on facebook and lets do the freeze/shock. I will only do it if the requirement is to kill 100-150. there are some that required to kill 200-220 which i think is too much kill requirement and will pass on that mission. added jack smith too, that makes 3 bros!
    maragost, to maximize on the freeze/shock

1. go to planet cerberus prime -> rev 1 -> level 50.
    2. use a weak or default gun bro (cannon folder) to team up with. have your gun bro die.
    3. allow a big crowd of the tools to gather. double throw freeze or shock grenade into the crowd. this is they only way the kills count. if you throw a single freeze or shock it doesn't count.

also only use your shock/freeze on the weaker tools they die faster and will maximize your freeze/shock nades. once you get the bigger tool enemies just kill them with your regular weapon. hopefully that helps.
    I'm going to try! If you have other friends that do them please let me know because of the 10-11 i know no one do them.
    Mmm 15 shock grenades to do 50 kills on Haven. I think i could have done better but still worth it if i get 2 bros to do it.
    32 coins used (5 grenades left)
    8+16+40 reward

Let's hope well. All what i can say so far is "VASHIE FOR PRESIDENT!"