Transfer game progress from one iPhone to another

I have tried back up and restore but this does not work. All of my other games and apps transfer their data but Heroes of Destiny resets all progress. Can anyone help me with a solution?

Comments

• scape211scape211 Registered Users 45 Posts
    I think the data for this game is stored somewhere online with Glu. I remember having an issue with mine early on where i had to do a reinstall. I tried using ifunbox to save my game data, but it didnt work and i had to start over. Granted i wasnt very far so it wasnt a big deal, but i can see where switching devices or having to reinstall, but keeping a long play would be great.

Can a dev explain how the game data is stored and if its possible to backup or switch devices?
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    You must have not done it right. We have tested and confirmed this works if a FULL DEVICE backup is performed on the first device then a FULL RESTORE is performed from that backup on the second device. I have done it personally and the game resumed on the new device.

You need to understand how this works and follow the steps correctly. Apple does not display everything on the screen and they do things in the background, if you are not patient, the restore will not be successful.

I can post the steps here if you like. Let me know.
  • JustinNewellJustinNewell Registered Users 1 Posts
    I just broke the screen on my i5. I had a full backup on my computer and when I bought my new phone I completed a full restore on my new i5. Only to find that all of my apps updated with my current progress but heroes of destiny did not. It wanted me to start back at the beginning. All of my achievements are still indicated in Game Center but I cannot figure out how to regain my progress in the game. Can you offer some support?
  • jrgonzalez23jrgonzalez23 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Same here had a full backup and waited till everything fully restored and the game just restarted from the beginning.
  • imperioimperio Registered Users 1 Posts
    I really appreciated the new icloud sync function but it still seems i'm unable to use it. On my ipad it seems to correctly be able to save and restore, while on the iphone it says i need to login to icloud in settings, i've double checked and everything seems ok in options