The level up times are just too long

GorionGorion Registered Users 19 Posts
I managed to level up Tiberius to Lv 19 and now I have to wait 12 hours for the next level....
So, it would take me about 20 $ if I wanted to use gems to level him up and the rest 5 of my characters that are of similar level range.
And obviously, that would only bring them up one level and I will have to use another 20$ just to level them all up one more level after that!!!
If I just wait and do one by one, it will take me 72 hours to level them all up just one level!!!
Are you Glu guys in your right mind or am I to still play this game?

The only reason I downloaded this game was because I wanted a break for Baldurs Gate and have something to play on my ipod. I never thought I had to take a 72 + hours break every time I want to level up all the characters in my group.
Needless to say, I only paid 10 $ to have access to the best RPG game on my ipad right now and for a few more for extras I don't really need. It was a way to say thanks and to support the great job the guys did with reimplementing the game and make it available for ipad.

On the other hand, when I play HoD I feel that I am constantly extorted for money.
Sure the graphics are nice and there are relatively few bugs in it, but the business model behind it is just terrible.
I usually buy a few extras for free games that I though people have put good effort in developing them, but I am not planing to spend a single $ on this game out of principle.
I sincerely hope the game developers listen to the users and consider a few changes in the game with the next update.
This was the first game I tried from Glu and I am disappointed to the level that this could well be the last.
Prev1

Comments

• HeidenHeiden Registered Users 12 Posts
    Agreed...lvling time are just way too long
  • nakunnakun Registered Users 2 Posts
    Glu have no brain or crazy about money.
  • Hsk121Hsk121 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Agreed. The training times are not just too long, but WAY too long. The game is becoming less fun the longer I play it because I'm now spending about 12 to 18 hours training characters for every 20 to 30 minutes of game play. Playing easier missions with my weaker characters while my stronger ones train just means that the lower level characters are also waiting to train after a few more minutes. I now regret paying cash for one of the premium female characters and have decided not to spend so much for so little game play with the other one, especially since buying an epic character gets more expensive the longer I play the game and starting with a level one character becomes increasingly unrealistic.
  • GorionGorion Registered Users 19 Posts
    Hsk121 wrote: »
    Agreed. The training times are not just too long, but WAY too long. The game is becoming less fun the longer I play it because I'm now spending about 12 to 18 hours training characters for every 20 to 30 minutes of game play. Playing easier missions with my weaker characters while my stronger ones train just means that the lower level characters are also waiting to train after a few more minutes. I now regret paying cash for one of the premium female characters and have decided not to spend so much for so little game play with the other one, especially since buying an epic character gets more expensive the longer I play the game and starting with a level one character becomes increasingly unrealistic.

Yes quite annoying, isn't it?
    To anyone who set the timers like that, rubbing his hands with greed I only have to say one thing.
    At the moment as soon as I see in the game information "seller Glu games Inc" I immediately press the return button and do a new search.
  • gwuinsfgwuinsf Registered Users 8 Posts
    I agree that I'm about to quit the game because levelling times are too long. Basically now, I do one or two dungeons and then have to wait a day before I can play again. If several of my Heroes level up at the same time, forget it, it'll be days before I play again.
  • SpreeweeSpreewee Registered Users 10 Posts
    Has nobody ever considered playing with 2 teams ?
    nyxx / felmor / leogan & kassia = team one
    Alia / thea / Brenna & Tiberius = team two

tlanac / rognan & zdar are backups
  • QwaldQwald Registered Users 14 Posts
    Spreewee wrote: »
    Has nobody ever considered playing with 2 teams ?
    nyxx / felmor / leogan & kassia = team one
    Alia / thea / Brenna & Tiberius = team two

tlanac / rognan & zdar are backups

I considered it... but the cost in glu credits is too expensive for my wallet ;)
  • scape211scape211 Registered Users 45 Posts
    Not sure if you guys have noticed, but they recently dropped training times drastically. I have a few characters that are on the higher end of leveling (20s) that used to take almost a whole day to train and are now taking 5-6 hours. Still a decent chunk of time, but a lot faster.

Though i dont like training times, this massive reduction is nice. Now if i could just train more than one at a time, that would be sweet :)
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    scape211 wrote: »
    Not sure if you guys have noticed, but they recently dropped training times drastically. I have a few characters that are on the higher end of leveling (20s) that used to take almost a whole day to train and are now taking 5-6 hours. Still a decent chunk of time, but a lot faster.

Though i dont like training times, this massive reduction is nice. Now if i could just train more than one at a time, that would be sweet :)

We are listening to you all. :) Glad you are enjoying the game and thanks for your feedback.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Registered Users 3 Posts
    I do play with two teams. One high level, one low level. The problem is that when the high level team needs to train, the low levels then create a traffic jam behind them. Then I spend two days leveling because you can only train one at a time (leaving your team useless until all members finish). Then you get to play for another hour just to start it all over again. I appreciate the recent drop in training times, but it isn't nearly enough. It only takes a few fights before level 19-20 heroes need to train again... which takes days. There is more waiting than playing, and that isn't right.
    I dont think they can kill the training times. Freemium games need to have some elements in them to make money and this is one; its common in quite a few games now so i understand it (though i don't like it much either).

However, i do think we should be able to train more than one character at a time. At least then you could train an entire team while playing the with other.
    I completely understand they need to have elements that drive purchases. However, this one will drive me away from the game by the time my heroes hit level 25. I spend a good chunk of money on games, and if Glu looks they can see I've contributed a lot to this one already since I've unlocked all the heroes at the epic level. But training your main team of 4 heroes takes about 4 days at level 25, to then play for one hour and start it again? Being a money spending player (and supporter- I honestly like the game), that will push me away and I'm sure others as well. There just isn't enough return on play time for the amount of money they ask you to spend.
    I can see your point Destroyer.

IMO, I think Glu would benefit from flipping around there XP structure. As of right now, leveling up happens quite fast because XP comes quickly. I think they should require more XP for leveling up so it takes longer, but there are no training times. Then, if a player wants to speed up the XP gain, they pay a certain amount of gems for 15min, 30min, or an hour to get it to a speed similar to now. I think I'd be more inclined to pay for temporary XP boost than to pay for a training cooldown, but thats just me :)
    Great suggestion. I completely agree. I would definitely pay a lot more for xp gains where I won't pay anything for training speed ups. Also solves the current negative of waiting way more than you can actually play the game.
  • drwicedrwice Registered Users 8 Posts
    scape, for me your suggestion would actually slow the game down. I play the game in chunks of 30 min to 1 hour max per day since that's all my free time, and requiring more experience for level up would just mean I have to do either more grinding or I have to pay for it. I can see why some people may find the training times annoying (for me they are not a problem), but more grinding is just not a good solution.
    I get that point too drwice. Im probably in a similar boat since i only play in chunks too, but if i had the option of paying a couple gems for 15 minutes of higher XP for play here and there i may do it versus paying for cooldowns which i dont ever see myself doing.

It mainly boils down to different playstyles though.
  • KarnageKarnage Registered Users 49 Posts
    Training time are not necessary as there is also the store where people can spend the Glu coins. This also supports the devs.

If training times are removed, I would spend glu coins on buying heores, getting that extra skills point (this i think is a must for all players), I started every character at lvl 1 so that I can max the skill points.

Buying equipment from the store like the great 25% XP accessory.

There are many ways for this game to earn money and training times will drive away more people than generate money.
  • sethwenensethwenen Registered Users 10 Posts
    Glamazon wrote: »
    We are listening to you all. :) Glad you are enjoying the game and thanks for your feedback.

Don't be glad, I only enjoyed the game up to party level 75, going from 75 to 95 has been a pain in the neck, the game now forces you to buy gear with gems in order to pass a new zone, and rare and legendary items from previous zones are a pile of rubbish compared with Normal/Used/Junk items from the new zones, and whenever you try to get a rare from the new zones, first you need to spend gems on gear from the store in order to beat the dungeon. Once you have spent the gems and you are able to beat the dungeon if you manage to get a rare drop, the rare drop is useless as the stats from gear bought with the gems at the store already surpasses the stats of the recently acquired rare drop. What is the point of a rare drop then?

So DON'T you dare to say you are glad that "we like the game", because at this point the game only proves that GLU is a company packed with Greedy Vultures thirsty of its clients' money, uncaring for the customer satisfaction, and with a game pace and design completely below the average of competing games in the market. If an update or improvement don't come soon I will send this game to hell and make sure your staggering greedy intentions are well known around game social networks. So that you can achieve the reputation you deserve.

Grrrrrr
    :mad:
    sethwenen wrote: »
    Don't be glad, I only enjoyed the game up to party level 75, going from 75 to 95 has been a pain in the neck, the game now forces you to buy gear with gems in order to pass a new zone, and rare and legendary items from previous zones are a pile of rubbish compared with Normal/Used/Junk items from the new zones, and whenever you try to get a rare from the new zones, first you need to spend gems on gear from the store in order to beat the dungeon. Once you have spent the gems and you are able to beat the dungeon if you manage to get a rare drop, the rare drop is useless as the stats from gear bought with the gems at the store already surpasses the stats of the recently acquired rare drop. What is the point of a rare drop then?

So DON'T you dare to say you are glad that "we like the game", because at this point the game only proves that GLU is a company packed with Greedy Vultures thirsty of its clients' money, uncaring for the customer satisfaction, and with a game pace and design completely below the average of competing games in the market. If an update or improvement don't come soon I will send this game to hell and make sure your staggering greedy intentions are well known around game social networks. So that you can achieve the reputation you deserve.

Grrrrrr
    :mad:

I'm glad you enjoyed the game up to Party Level 75. If you are unsatisfied, please take your anger out in the game, not on the moderators who are here to help you (and who, incidentally, have zero control over game mechanics or economies).
    I'm glad you enjoyed the game up to Party Level 75. If you are unsatisfied, please take your anger out in the game, not on the moderators who are here to help you (and who, incidentally, have zero control over game mechanics or economies).

My anger is against GLU team, additionally I am looking for your help as a moderator and I consider you are part of that GLU team, if you are not a member and your presence here is "incidental" (as you mentioned) then what do you mean when you say "We are listening to you all" and "Thanks for the feedback" don't get it personal, just take it as a critique to the game; it is important for me to add some critique, its just fair. And I am looking forward to my comment be listened by all the GLU team, and if you can help in anyway to send my comments to those who have control of the economics and mechanics of the game, then I please ask you to do so, and again I infer you can as you mentioned "We are listening to you all" and "Thanks for the feedback".

Thanks!
    My anger is against GLU team, additionally I am looking for your help as a moderator and I consider you are part of that GLU team, if you are not a member and your presence here is "incidental" (as you mentioned) then what do you mean when you say "We are listening to you all" and "Thanks for the feedback" don't get it personal, just take it as a critique to the game; it is important for me to add some critique, its just fair. And I am looking forward to my comment be listened by all the GLU team, and if you can help in anyway to send my comments to those who have control of the economics and mechanics of the game, then I please ask you to do so, and again I infer you can as you mentioned "We are listening to you all" and "Thanks for the feedback".

Thanks!

Hi Seth, while a semantics battle is of little value to solving your problem, I did not say that moderator presence was incidental; I said that we have no control over game mechanics or economies, which is incidental to our main purpose. We relay information to and from the devs and do our best to communicate the needs and concerns of the community in a positive, constructive way.

Finally, if are claiming you did not make a personal attack, then in the future, it would better not to address your comment to me directly, with a direct quote of my words:
    So DON'T you dare to say you are glad that "we like the game"

Once again, thanks for your feedback as we work to improve the game experience for everyone.
    Once again, thanks for your feedback as we work to improve the game experience for everyone.

Thanks for listening :)
    Thanks for listening :)

You're welcome. :)
  • CaramelCaramel Registered Users 2 Posts
    GLU definitely isn't at fault if you can't get from 75 to 95 without spending gems.
    Caramel wrote: »
    GLU definitely isn't at fault if you can't get from 75 to 95 without spending gems.
    Well I did spent a lot of gems from 1 to 75, but what I mean is that then it got harder from 75 to 95 that's even with the same amount of gems I was getting and spending from the free-gem deals at Tapjoy. Now I am just stuck because it would mean that I would have to actually start spending real money to get any further (which I don't plan) or at least at a not so slow pace, I mean I was playing the same amount of time a day and the game was just becoming so freaky slow and then slower and slower, until it became frustrating and boring.

Now it is been a while since the last time I played, I am just waiting for a huge update to come that can bring some balance to the game and make the pace a bit more playable, because right now I am somewhat frustrated!

... Oh Well!!!
    :confused:
  • KarnageKarnage Registered Users 49 Posts
    Yes, the game play slows down, it can be frustrating if you wish to play more, but just take it easy. Also, you stated that "I would have to actually start spending real money to get any further (which I don't plan) ". This is a free game, so I dont see why you are complaining. If they designed the game so that people need to spend some money to play further that is their goal so that they can stay in business. You do know that most Glu games are free. How do you think they stay open? Obviously, is not by people working for free. players do need to spend money. If the Glu games cost $15 like other games, would you pay for the game? How about hackers or pirates that steal the game for free? Its hard to stay in business, Glu offers free games, so play until you cannot play any further due to lack of patience or skill.

This game, is too slow, I will agree on that. But it is doable to play further if you have lots of patience and realize that it will take you a couple of days of grinding to get further ahead. Or maybe it will be a couple of weeks. Just play the game a bit each day and enjoy it. You will be able to get past, with some patience.
  • ncexnycncexnyc Registered Users 7 Posts
    I'm currently at level 92 and haven't bought any gems. I did buy $20 worth of coins so that I could purchase a new character, but even that could have been possible if I hadn't gotten impatient. I do one spin through the map each day and level where I can. I've got other things to do besides this game. Just don't become so addicted that you feel the need to buy more and more gems or coins.
  • BonesIIIBonesIII Registered Users 12 Posts
    The slow pace of the game is designed to get people to spend more or its poorly thought out. Either way the developers need to adapt and update. I dont even looknat other glu games anymore because of issues with hod. And yes i would rather spend $20 one time than get screwed continuously through pointless purchases ( next level low level items higher stats than prchased items). Pointless drops as well. Ahhh as we speak my Nyxx has finished her 2 day 20,000 training. Off to play another 5 minutes till its time to train and wait again. NOT.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    I took a day off while everyone (all six heroes) leveled up. Most are at level 20 or so but one or two are 16 or 18. It only took an hour or so and everyone needs leveling again. 18s hour is simply too long of a wait for so little play.

--later:
    The level up times are a complete joke. I woke up, played the weekly mission (no exp) and after four missions my party is ready for a 20 HOUR WAIT!!! to train!?!? Looks like the new update awards more experience. IMO, it's not a good thing as the game balance is completely out of whack.
    The mechanics on the latest updates improved the times to level up but now as I have progressed I feel stuck again in zones VII - IX. Anyone else?