Update 1.2.2 = Black Screen

TeflonicusTeflonicus Registered Users 63 Posts
I just updated to the latest Gun Bros 2 version , 1.2.2, and the game can no longer be played on my device. Instead, what now happens is that each time I open the Gun Bros 2 app, the initial movie plays (which cannot be stopped) followed by a black screen.

This is on an iPhone 5 that played the game fine before this update. Any suggestions or fixes would be most welcome. I'm going to be out of reach for a while, and this is very disappointing as I was expecting to be able to play the new version on my travels. Sigh.

I hope Glu manage to fix this problem soon--especially if it is a wide-spread one.

Comments

• TeflonicusTeflonicus Registered Users 63 Posts
    And, a delete-reinstall allowed me to open the game again, however, my save data is way behind where I was. From level 39-almost 40, I've gone back to level 36, and I've also lost an X-class item and other things.
  • NOLABUBNOLABUB Registered Users 20 Posts
    Having the same problem here... very disappointing; i was excited about the armor chests but now i can't even open the app :[
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    I closed the app from the multitasking tray. And then relaunched it and the app worked again. Dont did u try it before deleting?
    IMG%5D
    if you have not tried then close the app in the multitasking tray then re-launch the app. see if it works
    IMG%5D
  • crice7533crice7533 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Having the same issues, game will not load. I deleted from the multitasking tray and relaunched, but no joy.
  • crice7533crice7533 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Even rebooted my iPad a couple times, still will not load.
    crice7533 wrote: »
    Even rebooted my iPad a couple times, still will not load.

Lime i posted in another thread this seems to be a very common issue . Im getting messages on my messages, emails and just people asking me how to fix this problem . I know i got it to work on both my ipad 3g and iphone 5 . But my method wont for for "regular" users so what can we do to fix this problem glu?
    IMG%5D
    Of course I tried shutting it down from my multitasking tray--many times. Each time, it merely resulted in the same thing: Initial video and then black screen.

I shutdown the phone too. No dice. Finally deleted and reinstalled ... and lost a lot of progress, Xplodium, and more.

After that, I tried all the steps suggested in this FAQ section on getting back my data and none of those worked. I'm very disappointed in this effort from Glu.
    Damn :( well i can tell you what i did but it will be no use to more than 90% on this blig. I cleared the gb2 cache, restarted multitasking and it worked perfectly . Did it on both my devices and now it opens up great on ipad 3 ios 5.1.1 and iphone 5 ios 6.1.2
    IMG%5D
  • Jazz84Jazz84 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm having this same issue on my iPad 3, but have been able to restore limited functionality. Hopefully the details may help with troubleshooting. When I updated GB2, I was still running iOS 6.1.1. Post-update, GB2 would not load past the intro movie. Tried closing in multitasking bar as well as rebooting, but no luck. Then I updated to iOS 6.1.3 and was able to then get to the load screen after the intro, but the game crashed soon thereafter. I closed the game in multitask, then decided to turn off WiFi (using the WiFi-only model, so goal is to shut off ALL web connections). BOOM. Game loaded up just fine and can be played in offline mode; turning WiFi on after the game loads doesn't seem to do anything though, as the game will not establish a server connection. A few thoughts:

1. Seems like the crash occurs during initial load when the game attempts to establish its connection with the Glu server, but only when the network connection is available. No network, no problem.

2. Once in the game, I noticed that the store seems to be th only part of the update that didn't apply; no new crates. Is it possible that this part of the update is applied when the newly-updated game first connects to the main server? Could this be part of the crash on load when online?

3. Only blue and red barrier breaks are available now as intended, but prior to updating, a couple of my guns were still set to Purple. After finally loading the updated game, they were still purple. Could this have messed up the update?

That's all. Not really expecting answers here, just hoping it helps the devs with troubleshooting...
    Jazz84 wrote: »
    I'm having this same issue on my iPad 3, but have been able to restore limited functionality. Hopefully the details may help with troubleshooting. When I updated GB2, I was still running iOS 6.1.1. Post-update, GB2 would not load past the intro movie. Tried closing in multitasking bar as well as rebooting, but no luck. Then I updated to iOS 6.1.3 and was able to then get to the load screen after the intro, but the game crashed soon thereafter. I closed the game in multitask, then decided to turn off WiFi (using the WiFi-only model, so goal is to shut off ALL web connections). BOOM. Game loaded up just fine and can be played in offline mode; turning WiFi on after the game loads doesn't seem to do anything though, as the game will not establish a server connection. A few thoughts:

1. Seems like the crash occurs during initial load when the game attempts to establish its connection with the Glu server, but only when the network connection is available. No network, no problem.

2. Once in the game, I noticed that the store seems to be th only part of the update that didn't apply; no new crates. Is it possible that this part of the update is applied when the newly-updated game first connects to the main server? Could this be part of the crash on load when online?

3. Only blue and red barrier breaks are available now as intended, but prior to updating, a couple of my guns were still set to Purple. After finally loading the updated game, they were still purple. Could this have messed up the update?

That's all. Not really expecting answers here, just hoping it helps the devs with troubleshooting...

1/3 of all guns in game are purple on my accout still . I connect to the glu server on both iphone 5 ios 6.1.2 and ipad 3 5.1.1 and i can play while connected the whole time (the little green light is on. Not red). So it must be something elae during boot up. And i have not seen any new crates while connected online so i dont know what they meant by armor crates
    IMG%5D
    After my delete-install (and loss of some progress--which seems to have been all the progress made during update 1.2.1), the game runs as it should. That said, the only difference I've noticed in the game is that the purple barriers are gone. I see no new crates or specials either. The little bug where you could press the side of buttons and the sound would occur without the action is gone, but otherwise it's the same as 1.2.1.
    Yes i havent seen any new crates or daily crates or whatever the update was bringing . I wonder what happened
    IMG%5D
    I received the following in a PM. I have no means of trying or testing it, and it is not my idea. It's claimed to be a solution for this problem, although I am unaware of why the person didn't post it here himself. I have asked if he wants credit for this potential solution, and am waiting on the answer. The PM, that came with the title "1.2.2 Black Screen Solution!," reads as follows:

"Go to Settings -> General -> Reset ( bottom of the list ) -> Reset All Settings not Erase but Reset then wait then the problem should be fixed! Please post this solution on the 1.2.2 black screen thread"

Edit: If it turns out that this actually solves the problem, I'll post it to the initial post.
    I already posted what he sent me . He told me it about 12 hours ago. Your welcomed to make a thread about it . As i said on my post in my thread i give all credit to zack for the solution if it works for others
    IMG%5D
    Much better then. I don't have the chance to check the forums as often as some, so I'm glad you got it out there. :)
    As the message i recieved stated the person wants the message posted here. I will also start a thread about it now

Settings -> General -> Reset ( Bottom of the List of General ) -> Reset All settings ( Won't delete anything don't worry ) then after the device has been done restarting you can now start the game normally and instantly cancel the movie now!
    IMG%5D
  • Oblivion615Oblivion615 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Yeah... Black screen... This sux. I was big into GB1 and was really exited to see GB2 hit the App Store. Now I can't play, lame. I've been reading all the "fixes" but none of them sound very promising. I do not want to loose progress or equipment. This is especially disappointing because I came back to glu because Z2 has been dropping the ball a lot recently. Now this, epic fail. Hurry up and fix this. There's my two cents. Now back to clash of clans (super cell).
    Yeah... Black screen... This sux. I was big into GB1 and was really exited to see GB2 hit the App Store. Now I can't play, lame. I've been reading all the "fixes" but none of them sound very promising. I do not want to loose progress or equipment. This is especially disappointing because I came back to glu because Z2 has been dropping the ball a lot recently. Now this, epic fail. Hurry up and fix this. There's my two cents. Now back to clash of clans (super cell).

Try some of these solutions . Might or might now work u never know unless you try .
    IMG%5D
  • NOLABUBNOLABUB Registered Users 20 Posts
    I just opened it today (05.11.13) hoping it would possibly work, AND IT DID :D Did this happen to anyone else? ALSO the lava dive gear is now in the collections!!!
    NOLABUB wrote: »
    I just opened it today (05.11.13) hoping it would possibly work, AND IT DID :D Did this happen to anyone else? ALSO the lava dive gear is now in the collections!!!

Good to know . I have gotten the armor a more than a month ago but was never in collection . Good to know it was added. And im happy it worked for you. Lets see if everyone gets it working today :) fingers crossed
    IMG%5D
  • ZachZach Registered Users 3 Posts
    I am glad that my solution worked to all those who had the problem! =)
    Zach wrote: »
    I am glad that my solution worked to all those who had the problem! =)

Thank you for the tip to fix the black screen problem . We all thank you for the advice :)
    IMG%5D
    Thank you for the tip to fix the black screen problem . We all thank you for the advice :)

Has it worked for many people?
    Teflonicus wrote: »
    Has it worked for many people?

I'm sure it helped many people but we don't know a specific number. Some people never comment or aren't registered to the forum so no way to tell
    IMG%5D