Help with ack ack missions in Omaha campaign

123123 Registered Users 15 Posts
I've completed every other mission in every campaign, 447 stars. All I lack are these two. I cant pass them. No matter what I do it's always MISSION FAILED. What's the objective here? What the focus/strategy. Right now I just want to be able to get through them with any stars. Operating on iPad 2 iOS 6+. I'm equipped with ack ack octamount for the missions.

Comments

• 123123 Registered Users 15 Posts
    I've achieved victory in these last two campaigns. WOO HOO! For me they were the most difficult of the entire campaign. So, I've achieved all 453 stars. What's next?
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    Way to go 123! Those ack-ack missions are quite difficult. You basically have to have a good weapon too. The bottom of the line one didn't cut it for me so I bought the hexamount and even with the top ack-ack weapon, they are very difficult missions. One thing people need to remember when they do those missions is to fire a little ahead of the airplane. Keep in mind that these are fast moving targets so if you fire ahead of them, they should hit up bout the same time. The first time I did one of these missions, I went through getting all 3 stars the first time though. Now I keep getting killed. lol. So I am very glad that these missions are very few. I commend you for your tremendous feat at getting them all done. That is awesome and you must have put some nice time into that game. It is a heck of a game. One of my favorites. I sure hope Glu will have more story lines to go with this when it's completed because I hate to see such a wonderful game end!:)
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
    Thanks Shanny. One question: I thought there was a reward/level up after completing the entire campaign and obtaining all 453 stars but I received no reward/recognition/ level completion, etc. My game shows all 453 stars and about 80% complete of level 16. Should it show level 16 completed?
    I am not positive on that one,,,I'll have to ask and get back with you. I''m still only at like 186 stars, so have quite a way to go. As soon as I hear though I will post back on this thread.
    I am not positive on that one,,,I'll have to ask and get back with you. I''m still only at like 186 stars, so have quite a way to go. As soon as I hear though I will post back on this thread.;)
    Thanks Shanny. I look forward to what you learn!
  • dkcambeldkcambel Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm having a big problem with the ack-ack missions. At the Juno and Omaha levels, it appears I've shot down all of the planes (both fighters and bombers) but I get "mission failed". I have the Octamount gun.

1) Are we supposed to shoot down the parachutes? I've tried shooting them down and not shooting them down. Same result - mission failed.
    2) Is there a hidden plane that I don't see?
    Hi dkcambel. You must shoot down every plane and every parachute. Watch out for a parachute behind the buildings on the right. It comes out early in the mission and more lowly than the others so you have less time to shoot it. best way to cut down on the number of parachutes is to get the bombers early. If you let a fighter get by on the first pass it may on come at you again, thus you get the dreaded MISSION FAILED! Hope this helps
  • sgryansgryan Registered Users 11 Posts
    Ack-Ack - I am glad all of you have done so well with downing planes. As for me, I cannot do it one time no matter what I do. What do I need to complete plane levels. One time I had 165 life left, I shot down most planes, and it said "Mission failed". I wrote a ticket to Glu.com and they never answer my questions. Also, why does my Atlas plans keep getting lost (about 717 to far). Does Glue really listen to its customers.
  • TripleTripeTripleTripe Registered Users 7 Posts
    saryan you right man I had level 2 (weapon of AA gun)=not level 2 mission or something, higer levels)- ack-ack other waste for better, I down all planes, some losers pearl harbor planes shot me np but... killed all = all aircrafts destroyed from sky and was alive, but failed ? why cuz passed 2:30 min or what the problem with this? lol !! bad how makes it, cutom answer to mail omg.