Z'dar needs to be nerfed and Melee heroes and Thea's Astra Stun should be buffed.

tangoraventangoraven Registered Users 42 Posts
As mentioned in my post on the discussion forum, I think Z'dar is way overpowered and must be picked for the best chance of victory. He should be nerfed a little so the other heroes have a chance to shine.

Melee heroes need a massive buff, having to walk over to creeps to hit them is a big disadvantage and should be balanced out with much better reach, DPS and armour.

Finally, Thea's Astra Force does around 150 pts of damage which is puny compared to Z'dar's Earthquake which does 10 times more damage on a good day. Earthquake also stuns for twice as long and hits the entire screen which Astra Force barely covers a quarter of the field. Both of them are the max upgrades for the third active skill but why the huge difference in power?

Comments

• KarnageKarnage Registered Users 49 Posts
    the difference in power is because Thea is a healer and Z'dar is a mage for combat.

In all RPGs, healers have the weakest attack while mages have some of the highest. This is because a healer is a support character to keep others alive while Mages are their to deal high damage. If healers had the same damage as Mages, then all parties would consist of healers cause they could heal each other and do damage with AOE skills. The battles would be a bit long, but it would be doable.

Astral Force is a skill to keep Thea alive and not to deal damage in direct way. You use it when Thea is surrounded and you need an escape route.

The problems with armor is apparent and so is the walking speed, I agree with you on that.
  • kingrobertkingrobert Registered Users 35 Posts
    Z'dar is definitely the best hero. I don't think comparing him to Thea is right... but he's still way better than the other damage dealers.
  • ShadowShadow Registered Users 16 Posts
    I think Karnage said it best when he said Thea is a healer and Z'dar's is a mage for combat. Healers aren't made to attack in nearly any game. I don't see Z'dar as overpowered. However, I do see some of the characters are underpowered.
  • dunghackdunghack Registered Users 10 Posts
    i dont think Zda himself is overpowered, only his equip. His skill and DPS is normmal, the further you travel with better tier eqiupment you will see you dont need zda that much any more. In term of Supporter to control battlefield, his EQ can be replace with taunt ability of F'M and N'G. Interm of damage dealer Kassia and Oda as premium heros will be better (or at least they should be). The only problem i see is his orange staff at tier6 is just too strong that we hardly see the difference. How come at max damage Kassia got DPH is 1338 and an normal hero as Zda got 1278 DPH, there's no point to purchase premium hero if a free hero can reach such cap. The only advantage i see in Kassia compare to Zda is she can buff her damage and att speed, but since super sonic cause aggro on monster pretty much it useless now. With Oda, i'm dont have index at max level and equipment but so far from others thead the situation seem even worse for him (here i'm not mention about def yet but i read somewhere Zda def is also better)

@DEV team: please nerf atleast his staff a bit or give KASSIA and ODA a boost to worth what we paid

In additional, HP bonus per 5level should be varied from class to class. A Tanker should have much more HP, DEF than a supporter but the difference right now i think just too small (DEF should have bonus per 5level also). With this boost a '1hit kill' on heroes might not happen so frequently
  • chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
    dunghack wrote: »
    i dont think Zda himself is overpowered, only his equip. His skill and DPS is normmal, the further you travel with better tier eqiupment you will see you dont need zda that much any more. In term of Supporter to control battlefield, his EQ can be replace with taunt ability of F'M and N'G. Interm of damage dealer Kassia and Oda as premium heros will be better (or at least they should be). The only problem i see is his orange staff at tier6 is just too strong that we hardly see the difference. How come at max damage Kassia got DPH is 1338 and an normal hero as Zda got 1278 DPH, there's no point to purchase premium hero if a free hero can reach such cap. The only advantage i see in Kassia compare to Zda is she can buff her damage and att speed, but since super sonic cause aggro on monster pretty much it useless now. With Oda, i'm dont have index at max level and equipment but so far from others thead the situation seem even worse for him (here i'm not mention about def yet but i read somewhere Zda def is also better)

@DEV team: please nerf atleast his staff a bit or give KASSIA and ODA a boost to worth what we paid

In additional, HP bonus per 5level should be varied from class to class. A Tanker should have much more HP, DEF than a supporter but the difference right now i think just too small (DEF should have bonus per 5level also). With this boost a '1hit kill' on heroes might not happen so frequently

We are talking about DPH so when it comes to damage that is put on the field with skills. Kassia has about 3-4 times as much compared to zdar. So it not unfair in anyway.

The original complaint in this thread was that a Healer was unable to do as much damage with its ulti as a Damage Spellcaster.
  • crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    Tankers are almost useless. Light armor and heavy armor give the same AR. The HP differential between tankers and healers are negligible when monsters hit for 1k+ damage. I say fix the armors, and HP bonus per party level for tankers. It should be near instant death for healers to get hit while it should be nary a scratch for a tanker unless ganged up 4:1.

Seriously, this is the biggest glaring fault with this game right now. A legendary tier VI armor maxed is 540ish for all three armor classes, light, medium or heavy. The fix should be like so...heavy armor should be roughly 2x of light while medium is 1.5x of light armor. And perhaps mix it up between the chars. E.g. Nargal can wear only up to medium armor, or give rogon the ability to wear heavy helmet or something. This allows more strategic planning around gears.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Seriously, this is the biggest glaring fault with this game right now. A legendary tier VI armor maxed is 540ish for all three armor classes, light, medium or heavy. The fix should be like so...heavy armor should be roughly 2x of light while medium is 1.5x of light armor. And perhaps mix it up between the chars. E.g. Nargal can wear only up to medium armor, or give rogon the ability to wear heavy helmet or something. This allows more strategic planning around gears.

+1 +1 +1

(When I tried to post the above, I got a popup from ggnb.glu.com saying my message was too short and I should lengthen it. Yes master...)
  • EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    Totally agreed. Mix with the addition of making the bound stats on the items different since they dot stack. Having 125%block is worthless. But 45% block 45% crit. 45% stack speed ... All different stats would really help as well