Upgrading items is broken

GorionGorion Registered Users 19 Posts
I dont know what kind of algorithm HoD uses to estimate % (if there is actually any) but its for sure totally broken.
I have failed 10 times in a row to upgrade a 40% item. Going by possibility the average would be something close to 3 times and anything above 5 times highly unlikely. The current failure rates I experience are just retarded and pay no respect to statistics.
This part of the game needs major improving.
A good way to make things better would be to increase the possibility of success by 10% after a failed attempt.
So if for example you fail 3 times to upgrade an originally 40% upgrade success item, the renewed % would be 70% for the 4th time etc etc.

Comments

• KarnageKarnage Registered Users 49 Posts
    I like the idea and I think that would help out a lot in making the game play more interesting. I hope this idea will be implemented in the future. I know many of our requests have been implemented by the devs and I hope this one will also be implemented.

But, I would like to disagree with your analysis because it is possible to fail 10 time in a row with a 40% chance due to statistics. Its like flipping a coin. You can get heads 10 times in a row and it does not mean that the 50% chance to get tails is wrong or a person is cheating in flipping the coin. It is just that you have a small sample size to draw correct stats.
  • GorionGorion Registered Users 19 Posts
    Yes the large sample size that always comes up in this kind of arguments.
    Let me tell you something. The large sample size works great if the upgrade does not cost you materials.
    With the current material dropping rates, you cant afford to test the large size theory. If you fail 10 times on a 40% chance item you wasted materials it took you 8-10 missions to gather. And that's for a single item only!
    If you would be getting the materials to fail 10 times in 1-2 missions I would not be here arguing.
  • SylkeCherubSylkeCherub Registered Users 26 Posts
    Actually, I agree that the percentages are wrong. I have been paying attention to my successes and failures on upgrades. I consider the first 2 upgrades free because of the immense collection of amber in my "bag of holding". But amethyst runs out FAST. The first time amethyst is required for an upgrade always yields a "so-called" 70% chance of successfully upgrading. Over time I have notice that I fail this upgrade much more often than I succeed. The 70% success is horse-pucky.
  • genoredgenored Registered Users 28 Posts
    Actually, I agree that the percentages are wrong. I have been paying attention to my successes and failures on upgrades. I consider the first 2 upgrades free because of the immense collection of amber in my "bag of holding". But amethyst runs out FAST. The first time amethyst is required for an upgrade always yields a "so-called" 70% chance of successfully upgrading. Over time I have notice that I fail this upgrade much more often than I succeed. The 70% success is horse-pucky.

Ya had a admin say that they are sure the randomizer works. Don't belive it.

I'v tried to get the Decimator III from level 7 to level 8 with a 15% chance for more then 30 times.

I think they know its borked and refused to fix it because, they get extra cash from this.
  • COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    genored wrote: »
    Ya had a admin say that they are sure the randomizer works. Don't belive it.

I'v tried to get the Decimator III from level 7 to level 8 with a 15% chance for more then 30 times.

I think they know its borked and refused to fix it because, they get extra cash from this.

It seems that you suffered from bad luck. Just complete the last elite mission and got this legendary shield. Started to upgrade it and stopped at level 9! Failed about ten times at all, 7->8 and 8->9 failed only once! :p
  • jvmaniacjvmaniac Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the chance % only applies to SUCCESSIVE attempts ie if there is a 20% chance of success and you try five times in one go, one of the attempts will likely be successful, as opposed to trying 3 times in one go, going back to replay missions to earn enough gems and then trying another three times. Always have enough money and gems to allow multiple attempts in one go! Having said that, I think upgrading legendary items from level 9 to level 10 is broken. Once spent 30000 silver coins in one go and all my attempts failed.