Options

Several Zato Swordsman issues

I've noticed several things about Zato Swordsman and I believe they are bugs. I've submitted these all to support already but wanted the community's thoughts/opinions, too.

1) Many times Zato just does't attack enemies. For instance, I'll have a Nobunaga and Zato out. Nobunaga will attack the enemy line but Zato will just sit there not doing anything unless an enemy breaks through or tries a ranged attack.

2) Zato does not attack enemy gates. When I attack someone in multiplayer, Zato will get to the gate and he will not attack.

3) The Priest cannot heal Zato. I don't know if this was intentional but whenever the Priest tries to heal Zato, Zato will block it, causing it to swirl around him and finally disappear.

Comments

• Options
    samuraijacksamuraijack Registered Users 19 Posts
    Zato does not attack any of my gates either, but he does go after regular enemies in my games. I only ever use him if a wave is bird-heavy, so the fireballs are deflected. Dont think I ever have him and a priest out together, but that is most definitely a bug.
  • Options
    COPERNICUSCOPERNICUS Registered Users 10 Posts
    Hey people, I don't think its a bug, I remember the first time I noticed this issue I was like "wtf is wrong with this dude", but then I figured that since he is the "blind swordsman" he needs to "sense" the enemy, so he only attacks those that are attacking; that's why he doesn't attack enemy gates nor enemy priests or monster healers/drummers.
    When I realized this I stopped using Zato for attacking in Multiplayer or in waves, Nobunaga does the job for me.
  • Options
    quigonkennyquigonkenny Registered Users 1 Posts
    COPERNICUS wrote: »
    Hey people, I don't think its a bug, I remember the first time I noticed this issue I was like "wtf is wrong with this dude", but then I figured that since he is the "blind swordsman" he needs to "sense" the enemy, so he only attacks those that are attacking; that's why he doesn't attack enemy gates nor enemy priests or monster healers/drummers.
    I had the same thought. He does seem to start attacking as soon as he's targeted, so if he stops behind you, he'll run up and attack as soon as you put him between your hero and the enemy.

I think they do that for balance reasons. He's got great HP and damage, is relatively quick to summon, and immune to projectiles. Kinda OP without some kind of nerf.