HoD for Kindle Fire

BrownzyBrownzy Registered Users 6 Posts
Quick question, been playing for a long time on my Fire and getting stuck.

I see there has been lots of updates to the game I am currently playing version 1.0.3

Is there a way to get the upgrade patches on the Fire and keep my current location in the game?

Comments

• CrovackCrovack Registered Users 38 Posts
    I asked about this before and got no reply. I'm highly disappointed if they're not going to be updating the kindle platform.
  • BrownzyBrownzy Registered Users 6 Posts
    Bump.

Can an admin or anybody please reply with an update on this? Even a "we are not updating for Fire" would be appreciated just so I know. Currently stuck on not being able to get into South Lerona and want to know if there is even a point to playing anymore.

Thanks.
    Brownzy, I see it as being even worse than that. No updates means no new features, can't get support (I reported an issue three weeks ago, got a canned reply that hadn't even read my issue. Tried posting here too, and nothing).

I really wish the dev/support team for HoD was actually present and cared about their customers, but between the lack of help here, in emails or in PMs combined with no updates to the kindle and all I can say is that I feel duped. $80 in to the game and I'm just glad I hadn't spent more. The sad part for Glu is that I'd planned to. I like the game a lot, but not enough to continue playing an unsupported game with bugs, no customer service, and no updates.
  • tiberiustiberius Registered Users 43 Posts
    @Brownzy/Crovack

Thanks for playing HoD!

We really appreciate your support.

We have plans for an update for the Kindle version this month (June). Our apologies for our speed in updating.

More details to follow.

@Crovack

Please post your support ticket number on this thread and I'll have a rep contact you.
    Sr. Producer | Heroes of Destiny | Glu Mobile
  • aleealee Registered Users 29 Posts
    Android app updates tend to appear on the Amazon Appstore weeks after they appear on Google Play, even for Amazon's own apps. If you have access to an Android device with access to the Google Play Store, you could try to download it to there, save the .apk, and sideload it to your Kindle Fire. You could also ask Glu to update the version on 1Mobile and get it from there. 1Mobile tends to have updates pretty soon after Google Play has them, though the version of HoD there now is 1.0.1.
    Question Reference #130526-000009 Summary: Item Autoequip
    Will downloading not damage characters/etc on your save?
    1mobile would work (at least for me).
    Got another reply that missed the point. GoD on kindle has not been updated to include the features they instruct me to use.
    Can support seriously not take a minute to comprehend the problem and solve it? Preferably without eating week(s) again.
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    I asked them about the issue and unfortunately there is no way to do anything right away until the Amazon version is updated.

Sorry about that. Sometimes it's not as easy as it seems. Hopefully the update gets done soon.
    Any eta on update?
    Really prefer not to just move on to another game but feeling bored and disenfranchised playing 1.0.1 still.
    A week passes, still nothing?
    Should kindle players just give up? We're still stuck on 1.0 while you all are rolling out 1.2. This level of customer service is abysmal and this release of the game is buggy, incomplete, full of problems and when bugs happen your CD department can't/won't help.

At least I can go write a review for HoD warning Kindle players away before more waste time and money on it.
  • BrownzyBrownzy Registered Users 6 Posts
    Another week passes.....bump for mods to ignore.
    Brownzy wrote: »
    Another week passes.....bump for mods to ignore.

They're too busy releasing 1.2 on other devices for us to even get 1.1.
    I seriously feel scammed. Come end of the month I'm contacting the Amazon rep I spoke with. Was told they cannot refund coins purchased but they will add an advisory to the app store that the game is not supported or updated for the Kindle. At least others may avoid being scammed.
  • tiberiustiberius Registered Users 43 Posts
    We are currently working on updating the Kindle version, which will incorporate all the latest features in v1.2 and any additional fixes/improvements. We don't have an exact release date at the moment, but please stay tuned.

Thank you for your patience!
    Sr. Producer | Heroes of Destiny | Glu Mobile
    tiberius wrote: »
    We are currently working on updating the Kindle version, which will incorporate all the latest features in v1.2 and any additional fixes/improvements. We don't have an exact release date at the moment, but please stay tuned.

Thank you for your patience!

How much more patience are you thanking us for? Update after update for other OS, while Kindle is ignored.
    We've been patient. This is becoming absurd. We were told we'd get the update last month.
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Crovack wrote: »
    How much more patience are you thanking us for? Update after update for other OS, while Kindle is ignored.
    We've been patient. This is becoming absurd. We were told we'd get the update last month.

Crovack, please discontinue your harassment of the moderators. We will update you when we have more information. This thread is now closed.
This discussion has been closed.