Accessory Items STACK?

SuperLETHALSuperLETHAL Registered Users 24 Posts
I was wondering if you have 2 identical Accessory items like 2 demon Stones VI on one char will they stack. Each demon stone VI has 20% Chance to fear. two of them will be 40% chance to Fear?

Thank you

Comments

• CrovackCrovack Registered Users 38 Posts
    I haven't checked, but keep in mind there are various ways things can stack.
    Example: 2x20% can stack by rolling once to check the first, then on a fail checking the second.
    Example Math: .20 + (1-.20)*.20 = .20 + .16 = .36 or 36%

Just something to keep in mind.
  • SuperLETHALSuperLETHAL Registered Users 24 Posts
    Crovack wrote: »
    I haven't checked, but keep in mind there are various ways things can stack.
    Example: 2x20% can stack by rolling once to check the first, then on a fail checking the second.
    Example Math: .20 + (1-.20)*.20 = .20 + .16 = .36 or 36%

Just something to keep in mind.

Yes i thought of that. i just need confirmation from the Admins. or maybe its bugged.
    Also what if you have 2 different accessories like 20% Fear and 20% Stun. will both effects work at the same time or will it cancel 1 effect if both trigger at the same time. will 1 effect double duration if its triggered 1 second after. Seems like the effects duration is ~3-4 seconds.
    Thanks
  • EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    Great question. I have double dodge on my two main characters and I often wonder how accurate that is.

On felmore I have 3 item with block 28,24 and 26%. On his skills you get another 30% which totals 108% block. In addition he has 40% dodge from two trinkets. I assume the game mechanics are tough because even fighting the mobs in area 3-5 the land hits often.

I have no clue what the base chance to dodge, miss or block but even if it was 0. It would have to be a very high negative to not block or dodge ever hit at that point.

In short I hope they do post a reply about the additive workings of mulitiplie items/skills that have the same effect being additive or something else.
    Eziekial wrote: »
    Great question. I have double dodge on my two main characters and I often wonder how accurate that is.

On felmore I have 3 item with block 28,24 and 26%. On his skills you get another 30% which totals 108% block. In addition he has 40% dodge from two trinkets. I assume the game mechanics are tough because even fighting the mobs in area 3-5 the land hits often.

I have no clue what the base chance to dodge, miss or block but even if it was 0. It would have to be a very high negative to not block or dodge ever hit at that point.

In short I hope they do post a reply about the additive workings of mulitiplie items/skills that have the same effect being additive or something else.

I've never seen a real game that allowed 100% chance of full mitigation. Either block was limited to a percent or fixed amount of the attack (thus, not full mitigation), or block had a cap, or stacked multiplicativly (thus 28, 24, 26 and 30 would result in .72x.76x.74x.70=71.66% block).

I'm curious how it is actually programmed and how dodge, crit rate, crit damage, attack/cast speed and hit work too.

Edit: they also sometimes have systems for diminished returns that can be simple or incredibly complex.
  • COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    I got two 20% dodge accessory items and did some tests in weekly missions with my Fel'mor.

With 119% block and 20% dodge he got 58 blocks per 46 dodges
    With 119% block and 40% dodge he got 38 blocks per 43 dodges.

So my conclusion is:
    -dodge do stacks, but with some kind of diminishing return.
    -the formula is complicated and different stats have different value. Dodge is much better then block.
    I've never seen a real game that allowed 100% chance of full mitigation.

I agree it is probably really complex and without seeing what your effective dodge/block/miss rate would be vs a specific level mob it is just a guess.

Only reason I thought it might be possible was in WOW back in burning crusades you used to be able to have a rouge tank end game bosses with dodge gear. It was really awesome. And some then they have changed the game so that you couldn't do that anymore. But that was also in like 2007.
    Maby they have a cap percentage. Like 65%
    Any chance an admin can let us know how item stacking works, please?
    Main concerns are:
    Dodge
    Block
    Attack/Cast speed
    Stun Chance
    Fear Chance
    Movement Speed
    Critical Rate
    Critical Damage

Also of interest :
    Armor Value (defense)
    Magic Defense
    Any chance an admin can let us know how item stacking works, please?
    Main concerns are:
    Dodge
    Block
    Attack/Cast speed
    Stun Chance
    Fear Chance
    Movement Speed
    Critical Rate
    Critical Damage

Also of interest :
    Armor Value (defense)
    Magic Defense

Interesting Good Idea
    To bad no answer. Would love to know so I could better em equip the characters.
  • VenVen Registered Users 21 Posts
    The devs really should clarify this. Without knowing how your actions affect the game, it's basically just pushy random shiny buttons.
    Ven wrote: »
    The devs really should clarify this. Without knowing how your actions affect the game, it's basically just pushy random shiny buttons.
    Agreed. I have used all dodge so far but just got a stun accessory and have no idea if it would really be more useful not knowing.
  • LilDagnametLilDagnamet Registered Users 62 Posts
    Bump bump bump
  • RidilRidil Registered Users 3 Posts
    I would appreciate an admin answer to this as well.
  • Wineman89Wineman89 Registered Users 19 Posts
    *bump* Come on tell us something. I for one won't be spending any money if the devs can't be bothered with giving us a reply about their game!
  • SeTaSSeTaS Registered Users 73 Posts
    I have bought 2x diamond ring (attack speed +40) for 2x260 glu coins...
    and found that it's USELESS...
    because:
    helm +52 attack speed @level 9
    armor +52 attack speed @level 9
    boots +56 attack speed @level 10
    O'da/grazzak skills +50 attack speed @level 10

and so it does not stack... only boots gives +56 rest of them are useless... gives only armor...
    and diamond ring is absolutely useless. gives nothing?

why then i have spent 520 glu coins???
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    SeTaS wrote: »
    I have bought 2x diamond ring (attack speed +40) for 2x260 glu coins...
    and found that it's USELESS...
    because:
    helm +52 attack speed @level 9
    armor +52 attack speed @level 9
    boots +56 attack speed @level 10
    O'da/grazzak skills +50 attack speed @level 10

and so it does not stack... only boots gives +56 rest of them are useless... gives only armor...
    and diamond ring is absolutely useless. gives nothing?

why then i have spent 520 glu coins???

Sorry you didn't know.

Necklaces stacks HP bonus and perhaps the fish stack the XP bonus but I haven't seen a stacking bonus for any other accessory. I usually give my healer necklaces, damage dealers get jade and demon stones. Tanks get necklace, diamond ring and/or jade ring. I don't give tanks the demon stones because then they have to chase monsters all over.
  • SeTaSSeTaS Registered Users 73 Posts
    I knew hat.
    but wanted to complain and show that in this case it is a a big problem. cause they get less money by selling useless items. still bought them in case after an update it will be fixed. and it is possible to buy them just on sales. and it can be that it wount be on sale one more time.

my damage dealers have the same. tank has two neckles. healer two neckles.
    its a good idea to give tank diamond ring. it will work for them.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    SeTaS wrote: »
    I knew hat.
    but wanted to complain and show that in this case it is a a big problem. cause they get less money by selling useless items. still bought them in case after an update it will be fixed. and it is possible to buy them just on sales. and it can be that it wount be on sale one more time.

my damage dealers have the same. tank has two neckles. healer two neckles.
    its a good idea to give tank diamond ring. it will work for them.

I highly doubt that the GLU team cares whether or not you purchase something you don't need. We've all done it. Upgraded an item with glu credits instead of coin, paid piles for runic upgrades only to find that they are no better than the items we have, spent on Heroes who are only worth their contribution to the party level etc.
  • Wineman89Wineman89 Registered Users 19 Posts
    That's probably one of the reasons they'll never come to their own forums and give us a reply. Keep people guessing and maybe they'll buy it anyway for the "Just in case" mentality. Just annoys the **** out of me when devs won't communicate with their players. That stopped me from playing any of their other games, no matter if they looked fun or not. I'd rather spend my time/money on games where they devs let you know what's going on and you can have a reasonable expectation of problems getting fixed. Not with these guys though, that's for sure!

I was guessing that when we have multiple items/skills with the same attribute bonus that the highest one counted and the others didn't.