Fix the difficulty ratings!

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
I don't think the devs have any clue when it comes to calculating the difficulty of missions -- or the commensurate value of the loot to award.

Using Tiberius, Thea, Tlanac, and Z'dar (all at level 30) I can finish the two star mission in area X which is rated at 65 with medium difficulty. With three pesky archers targeting my healers it wasn't simple but I hardly needed any spells. I used incinerate once and perhaps one earthquake. On the other hand, the level IV 4 star mission is rated at 45 and it completely kicks my butt. Five and six ogres at a time and I'm needing earthquake, healing aura, and hurricane to just limp by. That last area had my healers and Z'dar completely used up and poor Tiberius was left playing tank with no healing support because both healers had multiple assailants. It didn't end well...

I'm getting used to just not trusting the ratings but the implications of the problem run fairly deep. If the devs can't rate a level properly they can't balance the game. If they can't balance the game they can't have a clue as to what's needed to survive with an early/mid/advanced party. If they don't know what's needed to survive they have no idea how to calibrate spell buffs and loot levels.

Comments

• EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    I think the rating is by the first star you play not the mission as a whole. If ou play the same heroic mission on 1star or 4 it says the same difficuly which isn't true. I beat the game about a month ago and the last 6 missions I cleared were the heroic missions In the last four areas on the hardest difficuly. They were so hard at the time that it took creating a perfect strategy for mob group and then executing it perfectly to beat the mission with maybe 1-2 players left. Totally hard and it took days to do but in the end it was fun that it wasn't as easy as everything else.
  • macnewboldmacnewbold Registered Users 8 Posts
    I agree with poster. The ratings are way off, especially in higher level missions. And I can confirm they do change between level 2 and 3 of the same mission. I'm kinda feeling stuck because I have my people to max level and still can't survive many of the missions.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    I've got Tiberius at 31, two maxed healers and z'dar at 30. Tiberius can take on five ogres at once in a level 69 mission (both healers on him) but he gets killed in two hits by the fire demon ranked 45.