Best team and best build for team - redux

tangoraventangoraven Registered Users 42 Posts
I've wanted to start over again and to build an ace team of heroes for a long time but I've always been put off due to the impossible task of waiting for all the training times. Now that training times have been substantially cut and concurrent training is possible, I'm really tempted to restart the game and build my A-team in this manner.

In my opinion, there is no double the best team would include Z'dar. Temblor becomes Earthquake when maxed and can singlehandedly turn the tide with a 6 second stun whilst dealing massive damage all round. Z'dar's standard attack is the highest and he has a good chance of criticals though I noticed he misses more often than my other heroes. To round it off, Z'dar has a solid defense for a caster, often around the range of heroes like Alia and Brenna.

For healers, my playstyle require that I use both Thea and Tlanac. Thea and Tlanac heals at a similar rate early game but as you progress further into the game and have access to tier 6 equipment, Thea begins to quickly outpace Tlanac due to the fact that she has two items for upgrades. While level 1 upgraded palka is about similar in strength and speed to a level 1 rod and orb combo, level 10 jeweled palkas are weaker than a pair of level 10 baton and sphere.

As previously mentioned, Thea also has better skills through the use of Astra Stun which is a mini Temblor and gets the team out of hairy situations more times than I can count. Stun is much better than the pitiful damage Mortal Tornado can do.

The pitiful damage Astra Force does bugs me to no end as it barely does 1/10th of the damage of Earthquake, stuns for half the time and hits just about 1/4 of the board rather than the whole field.

Finally, my last member is always Alia. Late game, ranged heroes are the only way to win as creeps tend to kill you with two-three hits, dodging becomes a huge part of the game. Ranged heroes make it easier to animation cancel. Alia's ice shot is also an amazing way to disable a tough creep by decreasing its move and attack rate by 70%.

Now for the builds. As far as possible, the first skill I max out is usually the passive skill swiftness which helps dodging attacks. I favor passive skills more than active skills due to two reasons -

One, many active skills are good early on but they don't really scale up as well as your equipment improves. Passive skills are always on; if Z'daar casts 100 shots per minute, his damage output twice as good if you give him a staff with twice the power. However, his Fire Blast and Incinerate doesn't seem to upgrade as much in power with a much better staff.

Two, late game, I'm so concerned with dodging and moving that most of the time, I don't want to be distracted with having to use active skills. That's why I usually use at max 1-2 active skills per hero.

For Z'dar, I use Earthquake exclusively and pump up Quicken and Focus instead of Fire Blast and Incinerate. Early game when Quicken and Focus aren't available, I boost Perception or Wisdom rather than to waste skill points on active skills.

For Alia, I definitely have to max out Swiftness (movement speed) and Avoidance (dodge chance). I mistakenly spent some points on Rapid Shot and Arrow Shower which I gradually began to use less and less. Ice Shot is my favourite disabler, esp. against big creeps and bosses which are usually immune to stun. I often wonder how powerful Ice Shot would have become if I've invested solely in it rather than in Rapid Shot and Arrow Shower.

For Thea, I maxed out all three passives except for Focus. Focus isn't necessary as I rarely use her actives except for Astra Stun and even Astra Force isn't impressive enough for me to waste precious skill points on it.

For Tlanac, I rarely use his actives at all though I did max out on Spirit Shield to get Power Spirit. The points I saved from Healing Aura and Tornado are spent mainly in maxing out Swiftness (see a trend here yet?) and Quicken. I have a few spare points after maxing Spirit Shield which I threw at Wisdom rather than on Healing Aura and Tornado.

My playstyle focuses on double ranged and double healers. Z'dar, as he is a top notch badass, attracts the creeps' attention by bashing them. Hits that I could not dodge or couldn't be bothered to dodged are rapidly healed by having double healers.

Alia is my ranged DPS even though she is a worse DPS compared to Z'dar, her output is more due to Z'dar dodging more often. I use her ice arrow immediately when things get hairy (like 5 or more creeps on board). Z'dar's Earthquake is saved for my more desperate situations.

Occasionally, I'd trigger Astra Force instead of Earthquake due to the slower casting delay. (The delay for Earthquake is my only complaint for Z'dar, it's way too slow...) Even so, I usually follow up Astra Force with an Earthquake as the 3 second stun from Astra Force is often too short.

Comments

• CandleCandle Registered Users 13 Posts
    There are so many flaws with this list that I cant even write a reputable response.

Some of the suggestions here are okay in lower levels, but not for higher ones.
  • LillwaldoLillwaldo Registered Users 9 Posts
    Was posted 2.5 months ago tho so things could of been different.. Who knows
  • SuperLETHALSuperLETHAL Registered Users 24 Posts
    Best chars for me are 2 healers and 2 range nukers
  • COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    IMHO the best team is
    Fel'mor
    Kassia
    Z'Dar
    Nyxx
  • SylkeCherubSylkeCherub Registered Users 26 Posts
    I have a few combinations that are effective for me:

Fel'mor
    Kassia
    Brenna
    Tlanac

Fel'mor
    Nar'Gall
    Kassia
    Tlanac

While I was leveling, I replaced Kassia with Z'dar and Tlanac with Nixx
    On hard missions I will use Fel'mor and Brenna or Fel'mor and Nar'Gall and both Tlanac and Nixx
  • bahamutz320bahamutz320 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Do you think Nar'ghall can take the place of Fel'mor in the party? I'm trying to figure out which one to buy.
  • chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
    Do you think Nar'ghall can take the place of Fel'mor in the party? I'm trying to figure out which one to buy.

Nar'gall has a higher DPS, but the life steal and the mission items that you get in the game are better with felmore. (Orange sword and shield)

Overall felmore is the best.
    Nar'gall has a higher DPS, but the life steal and the mission items that you get in the game are better with felmore. (Orange sword and shield)

Overall felmore is the best.

Nar'gall's DPS is lower than Felmore's one. So yes, Fellmor is much better for now.
    But they promised to buff Nar'gall in the next update that is already live on Android.

bahamutz320, if I were you I would wait until update and then make choice.
  • EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    COBOK. Has great suggestions here. The dps for nar'gall is pretty week in comparison to felmore. I use:

Felmore
    Kassia
    Z'Dar
    Nyxx

When I need more healing I drop Z'Dar for Tlanac.
  • StickToYouLikeStickToYouLike Registered Users 126 Posts
    Wow, some great suggestions here. Good luck with your game, all!
    Tested them both in the latest update for a couple of days. I would say they are pretty balanced now. Nar'Ghal's DPS was fixed. He has two AOE "taunts" and two shields so he is more defensive and is better for handling of mobs spawned one-by-one and most boss-fights. Fel'mor is more offensive because of his Battle Cry and has all-map-taunt so he is better for handling of big crowd spawned at once.
  • CrovackCrovack Registered Users 38 Posts
    I find Nar'Ghal to be a capable offtank/dps and run some missions with F'M and N'G. For packs I find it better than running two healers as you get higher dps and are less reliant on cooldowns. For bosses, however, multiple healers can still be a necessity.

Edit: Should add I have 3 blue armor pieces with high crit rate mods on them. His crit rate is extremely high, combined with maxed out crit damage, crit rates, and block passive he maintains extremely high dps and very capable tanking prowess.