Game save/load oveR iCloud

I've been trying to save on iPhone and load it to my iPad. For some reason, iPad seems to be loading old data only. When I reload on my iPhone, it loads fine. What's going on?

It's loaded from same iCloud acct and iPhone and iPad loading the saved game seems to be loading from different save points. I've erased and restarted on iPad but still the same.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank

Comments

• tiberiustiberius Registered Users 43 Posts
    Just checking - Are you manually loading the save data on your iPad from the Menu screen? We don't support auto loading of save data from iCloud, even if you're logged in to the same account.

Also, please note that we also do not support auto-saves for our iCloud game save feature. You MUST manually save your game to iCloud.

Important - if you load a save game from iCloud, you will overwrite your existing save game.
    Sr. Producer | Heroes of Destiny | Glu Mobile
  • Avatar2Avatar2 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Hi Tiberius,

Yes, I am saving and loading manually through menu->icloud. The saved state for my iPhone does not get loaded on iPad with same iCloud account.

I have tried to load on my iPad lots of time (like 5 times now) but, no luck.

Anything else I can try?
    Sorry for the inconvenience, Avatar! :(

Just tried the feature to make sure iCloud isn't on the fritz. It worked for me.

Couple of more questions:

1. When you save your game data on your iPhone, do you get the "Save Complete" popup message?
    2. When you tap the Yes button on the Load screen on your iPad, what happens?
    3. Are you running v1.2.1 of the game on both devices?
    Yes, it makes me sad. I wanted to enjoy this on my big iPad with larger display. :-(

>When you save your game data on your iPhone, do you get the "Save Complete" popup message?
    Yes I certainly do. When I do something on my iPhone and reload on iPhone, it restores to before the save. However, when I load saved game on iPad, it doesn't load the same state as with my iPhone.

>When you tap the Yes button on the Load screen on your iPad, what happens?
    It tell me "Are you sure you want to load your previously saved game data from iCloud?".
    When I press "Yes" => It tells me "Your saved game has been successfully loaded from the iCloud Service. Please wait for a moment, applciation will now restart".

Long story short, same message as when I load on my iPhone...

>Are you running v1.2.1 of the game on both devices?
    The latest updates v1.2.1.
    Come to think of it it used to work before. I lost track of when this start to occur.
    Hmm, that's really strange.

Do you have different logins for Game Center and the App Store by any chance?

The iCloud game save feature needs the identical AppleID to be used.

I think you mentioned you have the same AppleID accounts on both devices, but can you please double-check?
    Yes, I have same account. Only one in fact.

I've checked and I used to have me.com email (same acct) for ipad and noticed one of them was using iCloud.com for iphone. So, I did update my iPad to iCloud.com email and tried it out. But no difference. Still the same issue.
    Hmm, not sure what other troubleshooting tip I can suggest.

Our version 2.0 update for iOS was released today, so you can try updating the app on both devices and retrying the iCloud game data sync. But before you try this, please make sure to backup the device with the saved game data you want to keep via iTunes.
  • pjotr68pjotr68 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have the same problem. Invested a lot of cash in the game on iPhone and now on the iPad i cannot sync to a saved game. :(
  • Tekn08Tekn08 Registered Users 1 Posts
    pjotr68 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Invested a lot of cash in the game on iPhone and now on the iPad i cannot sync to a saved game. :(

I'm having the same problem. To much time and money to start over!
  • 25647892564789 Registered Users 1 Posts
    my Have all gone save