Beat top-level Headhunter! Are these easier today?

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
Before today I've only been able to beat the 2-star challenges by luck and haven't been able to beat more than one or two of the three-star challenges. Today I beat the three-star headhunter challenge with only a small bit of heart-racing. I wonder if the monsters are random and I just lucked out. Here's my list

Grizom Lightcleaver. this one lays down narrow strips on the ground which turn to yellow killing light
Goggom the fearsom. Gnoll with bad spells but he never got an attach off so I don't know
Gluetaka Gardsmen: two waves of 3 fast archers.
Joz Clan Mage: sends out circles of spell. you have to be really close or really far to escape
M'or the Maneater: sends out wide strips of earthquake spell at right angles to himself.

My son put me on to a timing glitch the other day which makes all but the last fight easy. Then for M'or I found that keeping him on Felmor and turned away from the rest of the party was the key to success.

Regarding timing glitches. I'm not giving details on the good ones for fear that the Devs will take it away. Some go for the fighters and some favor the monsters. I have had heroes take big damage at the end of a fight because they are standing in acid and in the exit area when the fight ends. If the acid burn has started they won't be able to move, you can't switch the healer and s/he just stands there and burns. If someone is running scared and the party can't gather I'd think the acid would kill off the party member. Seems to me that the healer should at least be able to change targets. For that matter why not start every fight healed and charged. Makes no sense that all the time spent running doesn't count to recharge spells.

Comments

• Clay12340Clay12340 Registered Users 6 Posts
    I think a lot of it has to do with the random monsters that are picked for that event. Seems like this event has easier than usual monsters towards the end.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    so did you get the same monsters I did?
  • LateralustLateralust Registered Users 7 Posts
    At least the last 3 headhunter event has been completely passable with at least 35 level heroes and purple or blue tier 6 equipment
    Lateralust wrote: »
    At least the last 3 headhunter event has been completely passable with at least 35 level heroes and purple or blue tier 6 equipment

yea, but what I found over the weekend is that the whole headhunter thing was seriously dumbed down. I started looking at the damage going out. It's only 10% of what was there the week before. The mace wielding acid spewing dude used to wipe out Fel'mor in two hits. Yesterday he was doing less than 100 / hit. At that rate I don't even need a healer.
  • EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    At that rate I don't even need a healer.
    I have been able to do the head hunter event all lvls with no healer each time. The dungeon keeper I needs healer for 2 starrun 3 and 3 star run 3.

I think the points you get are based on the speed you finish them in and in turn you a score is what helps decide your reward.

I say this because when I sucked on events and get 400 scores I get gems or crap. If I get 500-600 I get 5-10 runes or a 2 sands. 600-700 gets 10-15 runes or purple hour glass. And 800+ gets a runic item or 20-30 runes

Now this isn't always 100% but I have defiantly seem a huge correlation between score and better rewards.
  • LilDagnametLilDagnamet Registered Users 62 Posts
    I've beaten the last few headhunter with lvl 21 tanks (Nar'ghal and Fel'mor - double skill points from beginning) and 2 lvl 27 healers (Thea and the male healer whats-his-name - single skill point until around level 15 and double since then) fairly easily with only a few monsters causing me aggravation. But the 3 star Plo (Spider - second to on list), I had to revert to kiting to beat. Last troublesome monster was beaten by replacing one of my tanks with Leogan (Arcane Frost Skull - Slow + 24% or theresabout). ��
    Yea, these are a LOT easier than before the update.
  • chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
    Eziekial wrote: »
    I have been able to do the head hunter event all lvls with no healer each time. The dungeon keeper I needs healer for 2 starrun 3 and 3 star run 3.

I think the points you get are based on the speed you finish them in and in turn you a score is what helps decide your reward.

I say this because when I sucked on events and get 400 scores I get gems or crap. If I get 500-600 I get 5-10 runes or a 2 sands. 600-700 gets 10-15 runes or purple hour glass. And 800+ gets a runic item or 20-30 runes

Now this isn't always 100% but I have defiantly seem a huge correlation between score and better rewards.

Hmmm interesting. I beat most of the monsters in a few sec, and i get so much runes that i know I will never be able to use them
    I use Felmore Orange level 8 sword, Kassia level 7 acid bow, Z'dar level 7 purple and Rouge with level 7 acid dagger and level 6 fire dagger.

Kassia crits 3-5k they always die before the ice arrow melts. Some die in less then 3 sec

Can you give me some av your kill stats?

I'v also noticed that there are less good items, Almost no accessories.