TECH SUPPORT NEEDED: HOD suddenly stopped working

The other day I was using HOD when my battery ran out. After charging up my new Nexus 7 I rebooted and launched HOD but it won't start up. Here are the symptoms

- I get the splash screen with the Loading at the bottom but no ellipsis cycling.
- The splash screen shows a round spinner going around and around but if I switch to another app and back to HOD the spinner stops spinning.
- The other GLU mobile game I had installed is Deerhunter Reloaded. It stopped working at the same time as HOD although it was not running when my battery ran out and the Nexus 7 shut down.
- I have uninstalled Deerhunter Reloaded but both programs still hang on startup.
- I have installed other GLU mobile games (blood and glory, Samurai vs Zombies, Zombines ate my ...) These apps work but Deerhunter and HOD remain broken. I mention this because in the past I've had times when HOD stopped working and installing another GLU game fixed it.
- I went into the developer settings and turned on the "show CPU usage" setting. The overlay shows various CPU rates but the top line is always com.glu.epicheroes. or com.glu.deerhunternew depending on which game I'm trying to launch.

I don't want to reinstall HOD as it will reset my party back to level 0. I've already lost two parties full of level 30 heroes so if I lose this one I'll just quit playing.

Any suggestions?

Comments