List of Skills for Premium Heroes

I was curious about the ability layout of the premium heroes. I have gems to buy them but i would like to have a little more insight into what they bring to the table rather than buying them and getting disappointed in the ability layout. Could someone clarify and share this with me? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• scape211scape211 Registered Users 45 Posts
    Deadalas, are just looking for a layout of the skill tree for each? Most are the same as their counterpart (except for Leogan), but there are slight difference. I have bought most so i can lay them out for you if thats all you need.
  • deadalasdeadalas Registered Users 3 Posts
    Yes, that is exactly what i need. If you could include a description of their skills as well that would be tremendous. Thanks!
    I will try to work on this. It might take a little while, but i think its nice to have since they dont give too many details until you purchase them. BTW - i dont have the gem based archer character (forgot her name) so i wont details on her, but the others i can do.
  • KarnageKarnage Registered Users 49 Posts
    The gem based archer is Kassia (The Drow Ranger):

Passives Skills:

Swiftness: Increases movement speed by X%: Max is 32%
    Accuracy: Increases hit rate by x%: max is 40% (I think as it should go up by 5% each time)
    Agility: Increases dodge by x%: Max is 40%
    Perception: Increases Crit Chance by x%: Max is 24%

Active Skills:

I will not write out each of the progression steps as those aren't as important as the last skills.

1. Ice shot: becomes Deep Freeze:
    Ice arrow attack that deals great damage. Immobilizes the enemy for 10s.
    Cooldown: 30s

Useful for stopping bosses for 10s, which is enough time to heal up again and generate some easy damage on the boss.

2. Rapid shot: becomes Supersonic:
    Increases damage and attack speed by 150%.
    Duration: 10s
    Cooldown: 35s

Increases damage and speed of attacks. Actually works as you see the animation speed up and the damage jump up. Really useful for clearing out mobs.

3.Arrow Shower becomes Arrow Storm
    Rains down a shower of deadly arrows that covers the entire battlefield.

Full battlefield skill for damage, need I say more.
    Thanks Karnage! Here is another:

Fel'mor - Tank character with a bit more defense than Tiberius.

Passive skills (in order of appearance)

- Reflex (increase blocking up to 30%)
    - Accuracy (increase hit rate up to 16%)
    - Perception (increase critical chance up to 20%)
    - Vampirism (each attack steals life up to 20%)

Active Skills (in order of appearance)

- Taunt: Provokes enemies to attack him. Starts with a small radius, but can reach the whole screen and decrease enemy damage for a short time when fully leveled. Very very useful skill and worth fully leveling.

- Charge: Quickly charge enemy and deal 2X damage. Can be upgraded to 3X damage with a 2 sec stun. Not a bad ability, but probably less useful than the other 2. Upgrade last.

- Battlecry: Increases attack speed for all allies. Can be upgraded to increase damage and attack speed to 30% for all and last for 15 seconds. A very nice ability that seems to actually increase attack speed! (most items that say they increase attack speed currently don't or don't seem to).

Overall, Fel'mor is just a great tank. I personally think hes one of the best characters in the game simply because of taunt. I meant, what good tank cant pull off mobs? And when you get into crazy levels with tons of enemies, you will certainly need it. This alone is why I consider him a must character. Add in his better defense and vampirism and he outranks Tiberius easily. If you're going to get a gem based hero, I think hes one of the better ones to get for sure.

I'll work on write ups for the others when I can :).
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Wow! Thank you for posting these! I'll stick this thread and modify the title to make it easier to find.
    Nyxx (Succubus healer)

Passive Skills

Quicken: Increases casting speed (max upgrade to 40%)
    Wisdom: Increases magic defense (max upgrade to 40)
    Agility: Increases dodge (max upgrade 40%)
    Focus: Decreases cooldown time (max upgrade is decrease by 15s)

Active Skills

Healing Circle is upgrade to Healing Power at max:
    Heals all allies within a circle for 450hp.
    radius is 16 feet

Combined with the Focus passive skill, you can spam this skill every 15s for healing. Very useful.

Dark Shield is upgraded to Dark Wall:
    Casts a magical shield on an ally that absorbs 300 damage.
    Duration 20s
    Cooldown: 45s

I did not max out this skill, as I have enough other skills to cast during combat that deal damage without worrying about casting a shield. I do not find this skill useful at all, but maybe others feel otherwise. Just my opinion.

Pain is upgrade to Sorrow:
    Spawns a pain field. Captures, damages all enemies within it for 7s. Max damage.
    Cooldown: 45s

This is a useful skill to help with providing damage while having a dedicated healer on the team.

I like Nyxx due to her better healing abilities and the Sorrow skill. If you can get 2 gem based heroes, I would defiantly go with Nyxx after Fel'mor.

Leogan (Warlock)

Passive Skills:

Perception: Increases critical chance (max upgrade is 16%)
    Wisdom: Increases Magic defense (Max might be 20 points, but not sure as its not maxed for me)
    Quicken: Increases casting speed (Max is 40%)
    Focus: Decreases cooldown of all skills by 10s at max level

Active Skills:

Drain life is upgraded to Havoc:
    Drains life from all enemies on the battlefield.

Useful skill for healing yourself. This way your dedicated healer can continue to heal your tank.

Mind Control is upgrade to Spellbind:
    Controls an enemy for 10s and deals 300% damage.

Useful skill to take an enemy and turn in into an ally for 10s and afterward have it suffer 300% damage based of your normal hit.
    If you also max out focus, you can use this skill every 25s, which makes it useful by controlling the number of mobs you are fighting. Does not work on bosses or the darkness mobs.

Poison Field is upgrade to Toxin Field:
    Spawns a poison field. Damages all enemies within it for 10s.
    Radius: 10 feet
    Max damage.
    No information about Cooldown time

This is decent spells for damaging multiple mobs at the same time, but the radius is small so you need to be careful how you cast it. I usually cast it at the same location as the tank.
    wow, beat me to em Karnage. Thanks for posting.

Other quick notes on Both Nyxx and Leogan:

- Nyxx's Sorrow and Leogan's Toxin Field: while the radius on both is not great, they can be nice to cover mob entrances for a round to soften up targets or take them out quickly. I like Nyxx's specifically because it captures targets as well and can hold them for awhile when fully upgraded so its great mob control.

- Leogan's Spellbind has not been too useful for me. Its been the last thing i upgrade because it feels situational. However, one way i like to use it is enemy healers. They lose a healer and i gain one then they are usually be themselves when spellbind breaks so it makes them easy to deal with.

- Leogan's Havoc is a great ability because its like having a full screen AoE with the benefit of a heal. However, it also causes all mobs to come after Leogan so make sure your tank has their attention first. Fel'mor with taunt works best for this.

- Nyxx's Dark Wall is probably one of the worst abilities in the game. I wouldn't both upgrading unless its all you have left to focus on. I think this ability and the same one on Thea need an update. Possibly make the person invincible for a short period of time?
    I do agree with Scape211, the shield spell needs to either absorb a lot more so that you can take 3 hits( bump it up to absorb 2000 damage) or make the person invincible for 10s.

Scape, thank you for posting your insights. Should be very helpful to everyone to select the characters that best suit their play style.
  • deadalasdeadalas Registered Users 3 Posts
    Thank you all so much! This has been some really really good information. I now have a much better idea of how to go about things. Your all awesome!!!
  • WhizzardWhizzard Registered Users 9 Posts
    Yes, very useful post!
    Thanks guys.
  • YijunYijun Registered Users 32 Posts
    Thank u all much much! Was about give up... Till I read this forum inputs!
  • BloodpigBloodpig Registered Users 1 Posts
    Be thoughtful of what skills you upgrade. And always use your gems to double skill points because the characters max out at level 31, so even doubling up you can't upgrade all skills to the max. I also got all the gem characters except the one that's locked and I got the ones that cost the most gems, which start them out at a high level with good gear, but in doing so I missed all the double skill points. I would've rather bought the cheapest ones and used the gems to double that but I can't go back.
  • COBOKCOBOK Registered Users 62 Posts
    Nar'Ghal - New tank character available in the last update

Passive skills (in order of appearance)

- Swiftness (increase movement speed)
    - Perception (increase critical chance)
    - Strength(increase crit damage)
    - Reflex(increase block)

Active Skills (in order of appearance)

- Dark Reaper: Draws nearby(more than from half of the screen) enemies toward hero and deals damage. Enemy hit rate reduced by 50%. Cooldown 30s. Also taunts grabbed units.

- Gore: Charge attack deals residual damage effect until death and throws enemies up for a moment. Defense +50%. Duration 20s, Cooldown 30s.

- Demon Leap: Jumps to target and deals AOE damage to nearby enemies.

Didn't get 31'th level but currently he seems to be weaker than Fel'mor. Grab taunt with hit rate reduce may result in instant death in hard missions, and this hero requires more skill to play. His damage is also very low(lower than damage of free tank) which sometimes results in problems with agro

On the other hand, he has swiftness, charge and jump that increases his mobility and helps to kite enemies.
  • ncexnycncexnyc Registered Users 7 Posts
    Tapjoy just enabled me to score over 450 gems, a huge chunk from flea meds for the dog and another nice chunk from an anniversary gift for the wife.

I've played both Fel'mor and Leogan with the free Team-up and they both seem like solid characters. I was
    wondering which character fellow board members think is the best to spend my gems on. I loved Fel'mor as he seems to be the Hulk compared to Tiberious as the Thing. I vast upgrade for my tank character.
    ncexnyc wrote: »
    I've played both Fel'mor and Leogan with the free Team-up and they both seem like solid characters. I was
    wondering which character fellow board members think is the best to spend my gems on..

my vote goes to Fel'mor. He is the best tank due to higher armor, vampiric passive ability, and taunt. I honestly don't get why Tib doesn't have taunt....its like the basic tank ability right?

Leogan is nice, but I don't think he out ranks other ranged characters in the game. He's good and has some fun abilities, but i never found him to be a required character. As soon as i bought Fel'mor though, he was in my party almost all the time.

Have you bought all the other characters and its only between those two? Nyxx is solid as well - shes the best healer IMO.
  • ncexnycncexnyc Registered Users 7 Posts
    I did spring for Fel'mor early this morning and he is awesome. Nearly every swing he was doing just over 200 pts damage and that was with the sword he came equiped with. He certainly does take a ton of punishment as well. Played with just Fel'mor, Z'Dar and Tlmac and blew through the first 4 areas, very impressive.

I had been saving some equipment that I had upgraded on Tiberious, so slapped that on Fel'mor and he was even better. Just need a junk sword so I can swap out between Fel'mor and Tiberious and I'll be good to go.
    scape211 wrote: »

Leogan is nice, but I don't think he out ranks other ranged characters in the game. He's good and has some fun abilities, but i never found him to be a required character.

I don't think that he is "good". Yes, his mind control is fun ability, but in really hard missions it is almost useless as well as drain life. His auto attack DPS is also pretty low.
    COBOK wrote: »
    I don't think that he is "good". Yes, his mind control is fun ability, but in really hard missions it is almost useless as well as drain life. His auto attack DPS is also pretty low.

Hes not bad if you are able to micro him a little for picking targets. The poison field is strong and can cover entry points to kill most targets or heavily weaken them as they come in. The other abilities i admit aren't as good, but his DPS seems decent. I haven't calculated it, but i think he hits a little harder than an archer, but not as hard as Z'Dar and has a base attack speed thats the opposite; higher than Z'Dars but lower than an archer.

I will say that Z'Dars last ability and all of Kassia's out rank him. I'd use either of them before him.
    scape211 wrote: »
    Hes not bad if you are able to micro him a little for picking targets.
    And that is his main problem. Why should player micro him when he have one-button Z'Dar's Earthquake, Kassia's and Alia's Rain of Arrows, or rogue's Smoke Bomb? In hard missions each additional action may result in wipe.
  • AgentHushAgentHush Registered Users 13 Posts
    ncexnyc wrote: »
    Tapjoy just enabled me to score over 450 gems, a huge chunk from flea meds for the dog and another nice chunk from an anniversary gift for the wife.

wondering which character fellow board members think is the best to spend my gems on. I loved Fel'mor as he seems to be the Hulk compared to Tiberious as the Thing. I vast upgrade for my tank character.

Dont use both tank char they maybe too defensive but attack are slow.,
  • scratch0818scratch0818 Registered Users 6 Posts
    ROGAN or FEL'MOR?
  • HobtuseHobtuse Registered Users 21 Posts
    would like to ask the advice of players for skills allocation for Kassia. I am a free player, so will only use the bonus skills thrice to allow access to Arrow Storm, Deep Freeze and max Power but due to the min total skill pts required, I have 5 pts before I can put any into Arrow Storm etc.

If you had 5 pts to allocate between these 3 skills, which would you put in?
    Rapid Shot - Increases damage and attack speed - Skill
    Agility - Increases dodge - Passive
    Perception - Increases critical chance - Passive

Thanks!
    Hobtuse wrote: »
    Rapid Shot - Increases damage and attack speed - Skill
    This! Very useful against fat mobs