Options

War Without End walkthru (gateway to Jaral)

On the bad boss levels I find mapping out the fights helps me know when to use my spells and when to recharge. Here's the walkthru for the last gateway battle just before the Jaral entrance.

Notes:
+ means monsters wait or enter after the previous batch drops.
... means auto-attack or delayed entrance within a fight.

large spiders, lizard archer and lizard mace swingers do ~ 600HP against Fel'mor
Horned Okulos and the big Ogres do 1000+ damage.

1. ... S (spitting spider), F (hand-to-hand fighter)
+ bat (micro demon), Rock (thrower)
+ F, 2 A (archer or gunner)
+ D (dark demon dude), F, Rock
+ O (ogre), 2A

2. ... S, 2 ss (spitting pipsqueak spiders)
+ S, D
... rock, Spider, S
+ O, S, bat
+ O, S, bat
_ A, Spider, ss

3. + HO (horned Okulo), 2 F
+ O, Okulo
+ 2A, D
+ F, Okulo
... bat, Demon
+ F, okulo, H (healer)
+ 2F, O

4. + O, okulo, F
... bat, okulo
+ O, 3 ss, D
+ Okulo, 2F, H
+ bat horde
+ HO, 4 okulo
+ S, 4 ss
+ 2D, HO, bat
+ reincarnated darkness-corrupted mace-wielding prince.

I hope it helps. Honestly, I don't know how to get thru fight 4. The pile of Okulo's bubble in slow enough that only a few get stunned by Z'dar's earthquake. Perhaps if I had healing aura going and unleashed everything and got really lucky.... To see the end I used Glu-credits to revive.

Oh, and in the end you still can't get to Jaral. I'm not sure what to do next. The challenge events have gotten too easy and I've only got a few more stars to earn. I don't think more stars on this last portal will be possible for me though. My party is close to maxed out on everything.

Comments

• Options
    EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    I ran this with Nar'Ghal, kassia, nyxx and Tlanac. I found that you have to be very slow in taking 4-6 bats before that huge pull of the 5 big guys. This give you time to get back all abilities

I had to use nyxx's mortal abily on one side of the mobs to keep them in place and not get to my characters. The other half I had Nar'Ghal open with dark reaper to deaden damage and I had nyxx's shield and Tlanac's dmg reflector shield on him as well. I had kassia arrow storm at the start and then ice arrows the one not on Nar'Ghal and used supersonic to take down the rest.

Over the next two pulls I manged to get through it barely but just before the boos I only had Tlanac and Kassia left. I used ice arrow to hold him in place and blasted supersonic and arrow storm. The boss 1 shot Tlanac when he got out and I had to kite solo with Kassia. I got far enough away to ice arrow again and use supersonic and arrow storm to take him down with about 1/10 of Kassia health left.

To get this far took about 10 try's on those hard pulls to try different strategies.
  • Options
    HobtuseHobtuse Registered Users 21 Posts
    thanks for the write up.. much appreciated..

it will be hard just for me to get to the 4 star run though..
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Hobtuse wrote: »
    thanks for the write up.. much appreciated..

it will be hard just for me to get to the 4 star run though..

4 star run? This walkthru is for the first star.
  • Options
    Rewand I think he was pointing that comment at my post. The strategy is the same 1-4 stars all that changes is the Health and damage of the mobs.
  • Options
    I'm finding that the really tricky part is not the Okulos rush. The key there is to ice arrow the big horned one. The problem is surviving the 2D, HO, bat drop just before the end with enough party members, ice arrow and other spells to have a chance. I mean the bat is the only thing in that rush I'd feel safe ignoring until I was charged up and the chance of the bat surviving to the end is remote given the mass destruction going on. I can ice the okulo, incinerate one dark demon and supersonic shoot out the other but then I'd have nothing left for the end game. Perhaps I could keep the demon on a taunting Fel'mor long enough to charge up spells but they don't leave much room to run around and they can kill in one hit.
  • Options
    YijunYijun Registered Users 32 Posts
    This is the only fight that made me lose interest in the game. Most of the attackers take out my tank with one shot! I ran this with Tie, kassia, nyxx and Tlanac. All maxed out at level 40 but just could not get one puny star... really at my wit's end. Most of my items are min blue and level 7 and above. Plus fair share of purple and orange stuffs... Not sure if it is a bug.
  • Options
    The strength of your fighting party has a lot to do with things you didn't list. Sounds like you've got good eq but consider these other things.

1. attach, defense and hit-points go up when your PARTY-LEVEL goes up by a multiple of five. This means having Alia, Rognan, Thia and all the rest leveled up will help you out.
    2. If you haven't used gems/credits on skill points your level 40 folks will still be weaker than is optimal.
    3. Consider getting Fel'mor. I know he costs a zillion but his taunt skill is at least as good as Kassia's supersonic.
    4. If you have Fel'mor you can get by with one healer. Taunt + kite means you can focus on him and let ranged units knock out the party. I also recommend you spend for his vampirism skill. It lets him hold his own against an average damaging, single opponent. I've heard that O'da is good but I haven't tried him yet (still saving). I use Z'dar to good effect though. Having two ranged damage dealers is harder to play but more interesting. It can make the grind levels go faster too.
  • Options
    chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
    i beat the last 4 star level with felmore, kassia, nyx and z'dar. But i would say its a bit of random luck with block, misses, and dodge.
  • Options
    I tried the two-star with Felmor, Kassia, Tlanac, and O'da. Much of this was to see how O'da played against high-difficulty foes. I got a bit sidetracked and killed off the last foe in the third to last fight too early. This left me unprepared for the difficult pre-final rush and everyone but Kassia got killed.

I found that Kassia does just fine against the dark prince. She only had a small dot of HP but by a frost arrow now and again kept him slow enough that she could run in circles until she got skills back. Perhaps those skill points I put into movement speed have paid off.
  • Options
    YijunYijun Registered Users 32 Posts
    Thanks bro rewand for reply and encouragement. Will keep trying. You are right I did not not use gems on my guys thus weaker than expected. Just for info: Tiberius attack 409, defence 857, life 1597. Kasssia 702, 592, 1450. Tlanac 495, 586,1493. Nyxx 493, 599, 1456. Still struck at war without end zero stars. Well guess I have to keep trying.
  • Options
    chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
    Duno about you guys but the 4 star mission just got a lot eazyer, have almost no problems completing the mission now. Using hourglasses to get more coins
  • Options
    aleealee Registered Users 29 Posts
    Duno about you guys but the 4 star mission just got a lot eazyer, have almost no problems completing the mission now. Using hourglasses to get more coins

Thanks for the update! I was able to complete this mission for two stars after a few tries, and even on the failed tries, it was easier to get to the last "room" (or floating platform) than before. The strange thing is that it was easier for me using Felmor, Z'dar, O'da and Thea, rather than Felmor, Z'da, Tlanac and Thea, which was the lineup that I had to use to complete this mission for one star, and to complete the prior mission, Predator or Prey, for four stars.

I also discovered that the Dark Prince, or whatever the boss really is, can mind control your heroes, like one of Leogan's skills. In one of my failed attempts at two stars, he took over Felmor, and my only other hero was Thea, who I tried keeping out of the way of both the boss and Felmor until the control wore off, though I didn't succeed at that.

Another recent change in the game was that a few days ago, the time to train heroes leveling up in the 30's went from 18 hours to 8 hours. Of course, this happened right after I got all of my heroes except Kassia to 40.

By the way, what's the legendary item that you get from this mission at four stars? I can't tell which spellcaster it's for from the picture.
  • Options
    rewand wrote: »
    I tried the two-star with Felmor, Kassia, Tlanac, and O'da. Much of this was to see how O'da played against high-difficulty foes. I got a bit sidetracked and killed off the last foe in the third to last fight too early. This left me unprepared for the difficult pre-final rush and everyone but Kassia got killed.

I found that Kassia does just fine against the dark prince. She only had a small dot of HP but by a frost arrow now and again kept him slow enough that she could run in circles until she got skills back. Perhaps those skill points I put into movement speed have paid off.
    When I beat it first the first time a few days afrer the release onfour starsI got lucky and had just kassia against the dark prince as well and managed to kill him.

I agree with chrilion As well the 4 stars seems to have been nerfed.
  • Options
    Eziekial wrote: »

I agree with chrilion As well the 4 stars seems to have been nerfed.

I'ts not nerffed for me. Then again, I haven't beaten it for the first time yet. I've long thought that every fight gets easier once it has been beaten.