How to level other Heroes

archillezarchillez Registered Users 5 Posts
i have 4 main character at level 20, and found out that party level increase your stats point on all heroes. so what i did was 3 main char at 20 and 1 char at lvl 1, i notice that exp is too small,lvl 1 char receive the same exp on other high lvl char, pls help how to lvl other char faster

Comments

• rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    I have my main party which I use for the hard fights. Sometimes I will put one or two lower level characters in a mid-level fight. I do this for any number of reasons.

-The corollary hero is training. e.g. Tlanac is my main healer but Thia jumps in if Tlanac is training
    -The fight offers heavy XP. (Winning a star, re-capturing a mine, old darkness mission etc)

I also have times when I'm not really in for the fight. I've maxed out the party and am blocked for a while. Perhaps I'm waiting for winnable stars, perhaps I'm training the whole party, perhaps I don't have coin to pay for training. Then I'll be farming blue items by repeating old missions. I tend to use as weak a party as I can get away with in these situations since to help balance out the levels.

Another note. You can run a mission solo and get more XP. Not more in total but more for the one hero. It can be handy if you are trying to push a single hero forward.
  • WinterHordeWinterHorde Registered Users 96 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    I have my main party which I use for the hard fights. Sometimes I will put one or two lower level characters in a mid-level fight. I do this for any number of reasons.

-The corollary hero is training. e.g. Tlanac is my main healer but Thia jumps in if Tlanac is training
    -The fight offers heavy XP. (Winning a star, re-capturing a mine, old darkness mission etc)

I also have times when I'm not really in for the fight. I've maxed out the party and am blocked for a while. Perhaps I'm waiting for winnable stars, perhaps I'm training the whole party, perhaps I don't have coin to pay for training. Then I'll be farming blue items by repeating old missions. I tend to use as weak a party as I can get away with in these situations since to help balance out the levels.

Another note. You can run a mission solo and get more XP. Not more in total but more for the one hero. It can be handy if you are trying to push a single hero forward.
    Well said, I agree with all of the above. I found the recapturing of mines to be the most XP rewarding compared to their difficulty level. Take advantage of this and always use your weakest heroes (not necessarily lowest lvl heroes) to clean those mines
  • archillezarchillez Registered Users 5 Posts
    So for winning star and recapturing mines, would you use for example- 2 high lvl heroes + 2 low level heroes. Or all low level heroes n just giv them a boost on their gear? Would it make a difference?
  • crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    archillez wrote: »
    So for winning star and recapturing mines, would you use for example- 2 high lvl heroes + 2 low level heroes. Or all low level heroes n just giv them a boost on their gear? Would it make a difference?

The main difference between a high level char and a low level is the skill level. If you can clear mines without skills you can use your low levels using high level gears.

The diff level is only a guide. Some lower diff missions are harder than the higher diff missions. E.g. The elite mission for area V is rated 60 but is much harder than the normal missions in area VII rated the same level because of those darkness demons which cause chaos affliction. Same goes for missions with end level big bosses. These are generally harder though they may be rated lower.

If you can, get Oda. He's great, especially the first skill. When maxed it causes chaos so it'll buy you some time in a sticky situation. It also recharges quicker than other stunning skills.
  • archillezarchillez Registered Users 5 Posts
    it would be a while before i can get oda....

ok, how do you guys play this game? do you level all char to get the bonus? i find it hard to lvl low char and winning star, i would probably do replay mission but the exp gain is too small. how many char do u lvl to max?
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    You're onto it. Winning stars gives bigger XP and coin. Starting with area 1 you go around winning the first stars. You can hold off on elite and boss-level quests as needed. Think about where your party is at in terms of XP. If you need 1 more XP to be able to level up and you win 1000 you just wasted 999 XP so consider repeating fights to win the last bit of needed XP.

When you've got the first star, go for the second. When you can't win more stars in area 1 (or everything is on timer) move to area 2. Usually don't get the fourth star in an area until I've won stars two or three areas ahead. Boss and elite fights are two or three areas ahead in difficulty but only a little ahead in treasure. I mean you get coin and XP but most of the time you will have better items in inventory by the time you beat the boss levels and get the shiny purple or orange items. All I could do with them was sell them for coin. Now you can fuse them so hold on to anything purple or orange until you have some tier VI items to fuse. More on that in other threads though.

I usually buy Brenna early on since she is cheep and it lets me rotate people in and out while waiting for level-ups. I skip Roognan to save for Tlanac and Zdar. On the glu credit side, I'm saving for Felmore and Kassia. Don't waste glu credits on skill points unless you plan on that character being in your main fighting party. For me that's Felmore, Kassia, Zdar and Tlanac. Sometimes I use Thia and Alia but that's usually on level-up rotation or when the mission calls for it. Two healers can help in some fights but it makes them slow with one tank and one ranged damage dealer. Two ice arrows can also be handy in some fights but Alia is generally anemic and seems to have a 30% XP penalty.
  • crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    Don't waste glu credits on skill points unless you plan on that character being in your main fighting party.

Yeah, I don't quite agree with this. It's easy enough to get gems but you won't get a do over if you didn't get double skill points. I'm still reeling from wasting tlanac by not double skill points when leveling up. You also never know when glu decides to beef up a character in the future like they did with nargal. I rather be safe than sorry.

Sometimes you get lucky and get to repeat a video nonstop. It is then that you should keep repeating until you build up a large cache of gems like 800 units or so.