Upgrading Ronnin for levels 400+

mikey corruptmikey corrupt Registered Users 24 Posts
Having gotten to level 400, the waves are getting increasingly harder to win playing with the samurai and Ronnin. I have battled a few strong Ronnin in multi player mode where their armour repels the kunnichi as well as a long and strong gust of wind to repel enemies back.

What level should I upgrade Ronnin for the following :

Health
Armor
Sword
Enemy repel pushing them back

Cheers

Comments

• BlitzBlitz Registered Users 227 Posts
    My Ronin's health is L6, armor L5, sword L9, and divine wind L5. I'm currently at wave 831 and can easily go past 1000 because I don't have much trouble with the waves except when I have to use the Ronin since the gate rushers can get by me and destroy my gate very quickly, but you can use a revive to restore a destroyed gate or tea so you can quickly summon allies like a spear horseman to hopefully stop the gate rushers. Lethargy and divine wind also help protect your gate. I basically let my allies do most of the work when using the Ronin because archers can take out my front line so fast my ronin can't retreat fast enough without having to use sushi. He usually stays behind my spear horseman or farther back and his main task is stopping the gate rushers. Of course if I invested a couple hundred gems in his health and/or armor that would probably solve the problem, but I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to develop him if you don't want to. The kunoichi is my primary character and I take out strong ronin all the time in multiplayer. In fact I usually try to fight the toughest players I can find and that is often a strong ronin.
  • mikey corruptmikey corrupt Registered Users 24 Posts
    Thanks blitz and my Ronins state are already higher than that so I will just keep him as is. I might invest in divine wind a bit more however I will keep my gems for kunnichi.

You are right about taking out the most powerful opponents, what level health is your kunnichi as the next upgrade for mine costs 80g gems.
    She is level 50 and my Samurai is level 30. I'm surprised you've gotten so far and haven't upgraded her past level 10 yet. It only costs 5 gems per level beyond 10, but with the kunoichi you only gain 80 health per level after 10. The samurai gives you 138/level after 10. The Ronin seemed very expensive to upgrade so I haven't upgraded him and I don't like his slow movement because it is hard to stop gate rushers. I just use a wealth charm when I have to use him for a wave so the speed doesn't matter too much.
  • elusiveflipelusiveflip Registered Users 13 Posts
    As someone who uses Ronin as his main, let me give my input.

Ronin becomes so overpowered if you invest in him. He is the definition of a TANK. My Ronin is only level 11 health, max leadership, level 10 sword, max armor, level 10 divine wind, and level 5 thunderstrike. My main strategy for story mode waves are hiding slightly behind my line of level 11 assassins (champion), rocket farmers (champion), and Frosty's. I have level 11 spear horseman who I don't even use in single mode because it would push my defense line way too far forward and too fast that it would get ruined by a spear wielding zombie, spider boss, or the giant purple golem when I push them all the way back to the spawn point. When I know gate rushers are coming, I step back just behind my rocket farmers and sweep enemies forward towards my defense line, whisk them away with bridge spirits, or use lethargy and divine wind to slow them down enough for my backups being spawned to kill them. I never have to run backwards to chase gate rushers because I'm too strong at this point. When spear wielding enemies or the giant purple golems spawn, I slow them down with lethargy and step in front of my defense line and tank. My max armor and even level 11 health keep me alive easily, giving my rocket farmers/assassins time to spam damage.

In multiplayer, Ronin can be too much of a Tank that it loses interest to be honest. I use Spear Horseman as my only ally and time their spawning with summoning reinforcements (max) so I usually have 4 to 5 Spear Horseman that do damage while I deflect enemy attacks by standing in front of them. I normally just attack the person with the highest rating (7000+, 8000+) and who costs the least souls without even looking at their setup because nothing can kill me unless I'm not really paying attention and distracted watching TV or something.

I'm at spawn 570+ by the way.
    Thanks for your input elusiveflip. I couldn't understand why people liked assassins in later levels because they do so little damage, but now I see the benefit of being able to use them to hold the line at or before the bridge to take advantage of the bridge spirits. I almost always fight my way to the spawn point and try to kill everything as it spawns, but gate rushers are able to get past me sometimes which isn't a big problem with the samurai or kunoichi, but it is with the Ronin. I like using frostie with the rocket farmer too.

Does your Ronin have enough health and armor to enable you to get to most of the drops?
    I don't have any problems with getting the important drops (gold coins and present boxes) as long as I'm paying attention. I don't care about souls or normal coins for the most part. Presents are easy to tell when they drop by the sound effect, just have to keep an eye out for gold coins when Rocket Farmer explosions are going off or gold champion allies block/distort view. Whenever I sweep enemies with bridge spirits I just walk forward past the enemy line to see if anything important dropped. I'm never in risk of dying from that really though. Your life may drop as Ronin but can bounce right back with absorb ability so you gamble sometimes and may die, but I don't really care because I have useless extra revives lying around. The only time I ever miss drops is because I'm not paying attention and I use too many skills in a row before seeing gold coin lying there that disappears quick.
    Wow thanks for the information and will be upgrading her health. When in multi player I can beat level 7000 players even though I am only 3800 but having extra health would help greatly.
    Thanks heaps elusive for your input and appreciate it as that was exactly what I wanted to know.
    NP for the info. As you can see, I'm not even that high up in levels with my Ronin but he's already so strong in my opinion. I think I'm going to start building up my Kunoichi soon as she's the only character I struggle with in single-player mode and I usually rely on using some type of charm to clear a level. Although, so many charms are utterly useless that I wish I could trade them for others or sell them for Glu Coins, heh.
  • davidkim06davidkim06 Registered Users 31 Posts
    As someone who uses Ronin as his main, let me give my input.

Ronin becomes so overpowered if you invest in him. He is the definition of a TANK. My Ronin is only level 11 health, max leadership, level 10 sword, max armor, level 10 divine wind, and level 5 thunderstrike. My main strategy for story mode waves are hiding slightly behind my line of level 11 assassins (champion), rocket farmers (champion), and Frosty's. I have level 11 spear horseman who I don't even use in single mode because it would push my defense line way too far forward and too fast that it would get ruined by a spear wielding zombie, spider boss, or the giant purple golem when I push them all the way back to the spawn point. When I know gate rushers are coming, I step back just behind my rocket farmers and sweep enemies forward towards my defense line, whisk them away with bridge spirits, or use lethargy and divine wind to slow them down enough for my backups being spawned to kill them. I never have to run backwards to chase gate rushers because I'm too strong at this point. When spear wielding enemies or the giant purple golems spawn, I slow them down with lethargy and step in front of my defense line and tank. My max armor and even level 11 health keep me alive easily, giving my rocket farmers/assassins time to spam damage.

In multiplayer, Ronin can be too much of a Tank that it loses interest to be honest. I use Spear Horseman as my only ally and time their spawning with summoning reinforcements (max) so I usually have 4 to 5 Spear Horseman that do damage while I deflect enemy attacks by standing in front of them. I normally just attack the person with the highest rating (7000+, 8000+) and who costs the least souls without even looking at their setup because nothing can kill me unless I'm not really paying attention and distracted watching TV or something.

I'm at spawn 570+ by the way.

Hi elusiveflip, can i know what the stat for Ronin health Lv 11, Sword Lv 10, Armor max lv ??