For the love of GOD stop asking for skill purchase, ASK for hero reset

tangoraventangoraven Registered Users 42 Posts
Hero reset offers some opportunity to replay and grow the hero again whereas adding skill points for gems is a totally unfun way of boosting your heroes, its like paying to cheat up your hero.

From Glu's point of view, a hero reset will always earn Glu more money due to Glu being able to charge a gem cost for the reset and after the reset, the player will pay further 5 gems per level. This is guaranteed money for Glu since the only reason for purchasing a reset is to get the 5 gems bonus skill point. If you wanted to merely reallocate the skill pts, you can already get it from the 1/2 gem per level option.

On top of that, releveling takes time = more gameplay = more ads for Glu.

To that effect, I would advise Glu not to allow skill points purchase but for hero resets so Glu can make more money and continue to develop more awesome content for HoD.

Comments

• crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    I would like to congratulate from behalf of this community on being a RETARD. Now everybody lets give our tanx to tangoraven for trying to make this game harder for new players.

You have contributed a lot to the community especially with the items guides and tips for newbies but I think you should stop being abusive when someone has a different opinion. I too would support a hero reset than to repurchase skills. First, it's easier to code a reset than to code repurchasing missed skills. second, it is more helpful to a newbie to restart a hero than to restart the entire game. having a newbie catch up by repurchasing skill is not as helpful as releveling a hero, imo. releveling a hero allows better familiarity by going through the basics again. either way, exp is very easy to come by especially now that you need plenty of blue items and elements to fuse.

either option is good for me since i messed up a few chars early on given the advise of the old-timers. i messed up tlanac thinking that alia or nyxx is better. and I'm sure plenty of newbies messed up too especially when faced with a "spend 5 gems now for 1 additional skill point" decision that early in the game and having a dearth of gems to play around with.

so, yeah - give us a hero reset option and even old-timers can enjoy replaying the secondary or tertiary teams that they may have stuffed up while waiting for jaral to open up.
  • WinterHordeWinterHorde Registered Users 96 Posts
    You have contributed a lot to the community especially with the items guides and tips for newbies but I think you should stop being abusive when someone has a different opinion. I too would support a hero reset than to repurchase skills. First, it's easier to code a reset than to code repurchasing missed skills. second, it is more helpful to a newbie to restart a hero than to restart the entire game. having a newbie catch up by repurchasing skill is not as helpful as releveling a hero, imo. releveling a hero allows better familiarity by going through the basics again. either way, exp is very easy to come by especially now that you need plenty of blue items and elements to fuse.

either option is good for me since i messed up a few chars early on given the advise of the old-timers. i messed up tlanac thinking that alia or nyxx is better. and I'm sure plenty of newbies messed up too especially when faced with a "spend 5 gems now for 1 additional skill point" decision that early in the game and having a dearth of gems to play around with.

so, yeah - give us a hero reset option and even old-timers can enjoy replaying the secondary or tertiary teams that they may have stuffed up while waiting for jaral to open up.
    Nicely put, I couldn't agree more. Well, except for the part when you claim that Tlanac is better then Nyxx :rolleyes:
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    You have contributed a lot to the community especially with the items guides and tips for newbies but I think you should stop being abusive when someone has a different opinion...

Absolutely. A little cool down would likely help the community spirit here.

Forum Guidelines/Rules: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?110-Glu-Forum-Rules
  • BusybatBusybat Registered Users 8 Posts
    Exactly, there are more civil ways in presenting your opinions out.
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Thanks everyone for giving us your feedback- I can assure you the devs are paying attention to debates like these! Please just remember to be respectful of differing opinions and keep it civil. Thank you!
  • chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
  • EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    Thank you for the thrilling 5 minute read. I leave for 1 week and everyone goes crazy lol. Well not really.
  • dunghackdunghack Registered Users 10 Posts
    i like the idea of reset hero skill. i have to replayed once, it's really paintful
  • ZnakebyteZnakebyte Registered Users 7 Posts
    I know this is an old thread, but I just started playing this game (two weeks ago), and I now found out about the level cap. Therefore I think that a hero reset option for some Glu-gems is an awesome idea. Other than that this game seems like a lot of fun, and I don't mind spending some cash on a good game.

- Znakebyte
    HoD Party Level: 100+