Hero die with one hit

fran021fran021 Registered Users 4 Posts
hello guys, anyone can explain to me how i can beat a weekend mission boss that kill me with one hit

he hits about 850-1050 and my tank has 960 hp .. and the hit cant be avoided ....

i got 2 pieces of armor that give me 80 more hp .. but even if i wearing all HP + gear ... he still dying in one shot

i guess i need more armor my tank got 643, but its not seen to be that effected .. cause my healer got 380 and get almost the same hit as the tank

so if is armor matter .. i only be able to deafeat him with 500+ armor ...

OR find a way to get my HP high ... HOW IT GET MORE HP ? its not the lvl ... maybe group level ?

so help plz!

Comments

• chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
    For every 5 levels you hole team gains all heroes get 20 Hpand a small amount of DPS depending on the hero
  • WinterHordeWinterHorde Registered Users 96 Posts
    The higher your party level is, the more HP your heroes have. In addition to that, the stronger your armor is, the less damage you'll get from hits.
  • VenVen Registered Users 21 Posts
    You can try a few approaches. One would be to use Freezing Arrow which works on weekend bosses and is highly effective. Another would be to kite with Fel'mor.

If your DPS gear is good enough it's a waste to try to actually tank hits on weekend bosses; I don't even bring a healer anymore and they tend to die in under 10 seconds because I can bring 4 DPS classes (Rog with ice axe makes a fun tank for some fights).
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    The above lists the bases

a) get your HP up to the point where you don't die
    b) don't get hit.

Option B is usually the easiest. The tricky part is getting the monster to go after your tank without hitting your tank.
    a) position your tank close to where the monster will start looking for targets and hope for the best
    b) attack with a ranged unit, kite with that unit until you can hit and run with the tank
    c) have the tank use a skill like Felmor's taunt or Nargal's dark attraction

After that keep kiting your tank and when it's safe, switch to a ranged unit to unload spells/abilities as needed. Also remember that some monsters do directional AOE damage. Keeping him facing the right direction can help and you control this by where you kite...
  • fran021fran021 Registered Users 4 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    The above lists the bases

a) get your HP up to the point where you don't die
    b) don't get hit.

Option B is usually the easiest. The tricky part is getting the monster to go after your tank without hitting your tank.
    a) position your tank close to where the monster will start looking for targets and hope for the best
    b) attack with a ranged unit, kite with that unit until you can hit and run with the tank
    c) have the tank use a skill like Felmor's taunt or Nargal's dark attraction

After that keep kiting your tank and when it's safe, switch to a ranged unit to unload spells/abilities as needed. Also remember that some monsters do directional AOE damage. Keeping him facing the right direction can help and you control this by where you kite...

its impossible to me cause it was the 4º boss .. a caster one .. the hit cant be avoided... the magic bolt follow even when you try to run
  • VenVen Registered Users 21 Posts
    Have you tried freezing arrow?
  • WinterHordeWinterHorde Registered Users 96 Posts
    fran021 wrote: »
    its impossible to me cause it was the 4º boss .. a caster one .. the hit cant be avoided... the magic bolt follow even when you try to run
    You're right, I also find the casters with the tracking shots to be the hardest
    if you can't dodge and he can single-shot everyone in your party then you are left with only two tactics:

1. Freeze/stun/gas or otherwise incapacitate him before blowing him to oblivion. Ice arrow(s) are the best since it lasts longest but combination stun attacks timed 3-6 seconds apart from Tiberius, Brenna, Thia and Zdar could work as well.
    2. Come back when you have better defense/HP/armor.
  • crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    i gave a stun ring which i got from the events to alia ( i don't have kassia yet), and she rocks. I recommend giving stun or chaos items to your ranged heroes and dodge/hp items to your tanks.

btw, i got the stun item as a normal event mission reward (the mini-rewards where you usually get runes and runeshards).
    Stun is good for anyone and in some ways is better with a melee character since they benefit directly by the stun (don't take damage) . However ranged fighters often hit faster than tanks and so increase the chance to stun.

The demon stones are clearly best for ranged units. If the monster runs around crazy a ranged unit can still hit them. A tank is left chasing...