Strategies for attack/defense formations.

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
What are your favorite ways of arraigning your heroes?

I prefer the healer in slot two most of the time. This puts him not at point, and not at the rear. I also think more fights enter in the top right of the screen than in the bottom left.

Some of the new missions (War without an end in particular) almost never have attacks coming from behind so on those I put the healer in slot 4.

Once the attack gets going I have two formations I move to when regrouping.

1. For forest or linear fights where there are only two attack entrances I line the party up perpendicular to the line intersecting the entrance points. This makes it easy for anyone to move in either direction when the attack comes. However, it can be difficult on the space-limited catwalk fights.

2. When the central space is open and attacks can come from 3 or 4 places I move to a tight triangle with the healer in the center. It often doesn't hold long once the attack starts but it's easy to move anyone into action. The only drawback I can see is that the healer is blocked in a bit and may spook if a spider lands on him/her.

Comments

• SeTaSSeTaS Registered Users 73 Posts
    one simple rule. get tank to place where it should take all the agro. and two ranged dps and healer to safest place (corner where no entrance). and healer behind dps.

arrange:
    1 Tank
    2 Healer
    3-4 ranged dps
    in this case most agro gets tank, and almost rest of agro to dps.
    if there is entrance where healer or dps is than move them to safest corner. and tank in the middle to get all the agro.
    in all cases there is two groups:
    1. tank.
    2. healer and both dps. they always stay together.