Options

What's your favorite inconsistency in HoD?

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
This game has a lot of inconsistencies and quirks. They drive me nuts at times although the can sometimes be useful.
  1. Cast a spell with duration just as a fight ends and the spell blips out as if walking to the next room took a long time. However, spell cooldown and healing act as if no time has passed.
  2. When a fight ends and the healer keeps healing but can't be changed to the person standing in the acid pool. Of course they just happen to be at the room exit point and another party member is busy running scared...
  3. Inventory decluttering is aided by the recent update i.e. inventory item remove and Runic item fuse consumes the unneeded items. Not wanting to give us too much the game now fills the inventory list with useless Runic items.
  4. Item update's Skip button makes upgrading faster but you have to tap one button and then another...every time. (Hint: double tap works)
  5. An Idle hero will auto-attack if hit or if threatened, or if a nearby party member is threatened but if they dodge or block an attack they just ignore it and stay idle.
  6. The tips screen that shows between game screens explains that the new hourglass can be used to speed up any timer (great feature!). Contrary to the claim, not all timers can be bypassed e.g. mines

What are your "favorites"?

Comments

• Options
    chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
  • Options
    Hostile creeps being immune to damage due to them having to walk into position.

Must be meant to balance out the lack of tracking ranged attacks :-)
  • Options
    EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    Funny because this was a recent fix about 1-2 months ago. You used to be able to 1 shot them off screen all the time =) I thought they changed it to make the game just take longer =(
  • Options
    YijunYijun Registered Users 32 Posts
    In situation of panic, I use AOE spell(press and hold) on screen to slow down the game to ensure that the spell is released at the perfect moment.
  • Options
    Eziekial wrote: »
    Funny because this was a recent fix about 1-2 months ago. You used to be able to 1 shot them off screen all the time =) I thought they changed it to make the game just take longer =(

Ranged units can still hit for damage. It's the effects like stun and taunt which don't trigger.
  • Options
    enriquegenriqueg Registered Users 73 Posts
    Green items sell for more than blue. Weird.
  • Options
    enriqueg wrote: »
    Green items sell for more than blue. Weird.
    I agree it's weird. Other places have dual-currency reward systems though. Think tokens at an arcade which wins you tickets which are exchanged for prizes. Letting you exchange tickets for tokens would cause problems. HoD keeps coin and credits separate. Both are sold for coin but the blues (when purchased) cost credits. Letting you sell blues for fair coin values would allow a user to exchange credit for coin. As I've been coin starved of late I've considered this but the poor coin-value of the blue items argued against that approach.
  • Options
    A couple more I thought of

- A boss who is immune to stun doesn't take damage from a stunning attack. Hence the impact of an earthquake, bomb, flashing sword etc does no damage. However, if the attack has residual damage (like fire from the bomb) then the boss takes that damage.

- A team is immune from the effects of their own spells. Fireball? no problem, it's marked "for red team only". This even applies to monsters. If you use Leonid to make a spider switch sides you can get two of them attacking each other. They cook in their own juice!

- I had Zdar shooting at a monster who was off screen. I could just see the damage line of the okulo approaching but there was a second damage line in there too from something behind. Zdar shoots once and hits even though they are out-of-site. About the time the shot hit (normal attack not fireball) they come into view but both have taken damage.