Requesting information on O'da

I would like to find out O'da base DPS

I sould be the same as gazzak but i would like to check.

So the forumula that you need to investigate is

( Party level / 5 * 3,69 ) + ( Weapon damage + skill level ) = Total damage( If this is correct then his base DPS is 3,69)

Here is an example:

Grazzak 20%
Purple Arcane Inferno Rifle @ 6, 296 DPS = 739 DPS
Junk Handgun @ 1, 3 DPS = 387 DPS

Base DPS (520/5 * 3,69) + 215 X 1,25 = 514 DPS
Base DPS (520/5 * 3,69) + 7 X 1,25 = 265 DPS

Comments

• rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Perhaps I can give you the info you need but I don't understand your formula. The instructions list (weapon damage + skill level) but the example uses multiplication so it's a bit confusing.

My assumptions:
    -the DPS number you are showing is the number listed next to the small sword icon when viewing the character's inventory and not some sort of average of damage actually done in a fight.
    -skill level is the upgrade level of the item and not the level of Oda or his points in the power. In case I'm wrong, my Oda has power skill at 10 giving +20% damage.

My party level is 453
    Arcane Inferno Rifle@4 with attack of 259 gives oda a 973 attack score
    The Runic Arquebus@0 with attack of 102 gives oda a 784 attack

Hope this helps
  • chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
    Ya the formula i have you was kinda wrong, i assumed that O'da and Gazzark had the same base DPS

Here is the formula you need,

((( Weapon damage ) * (Skill % damage )) - Total damage ) / (Party level / 5 )

This gives us:

(( 259 x 1.2 ) - 973 ) / ( 450 / 5 ) = 7,36 Base DPS

Confirming that it works

(( 450 / 5 ) * 7,36 ) + (102 x 1.2 ) = 784 Total Damage

This makes O'da the highest range DPS in the game.
  • crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    i think i have read it somewhere that oda does have the largest multipler along with narghal. that makes fully decked out narghal, oda, kassia and zdar the 4 best dps team out there.
    i think i have read it somewhere that oda does have the largest multipler along with narghal. that makes fully decked out narghal, oda, kassia and zdar the 4 best dps team out there.

What is this multipler you are talking about?
    What is this multipler you are talking about?

The 7.36 dps per 5 party level.
    Was not sure you if were using my info or somebody elses

found it.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?49136-O-da-vs-Z-dar&p=83157&viewfull=1#post83157

it was by kellere32. as confirmed by your calculations - narghal and oda have the highest multiplier.

after playing oda and grazzak for a few weeks, imo, grazzak is more novelty like leogan. using the same weapon (tier IV, arcane fire pistol @ lvl 7), oda produces twice the damage vs grazzak.

oda, alia (i am waiting for a sale on kassia), zdar, narghal would be my party of choice. complete hh missions in the shortest time ever. for me at least. YMMV - different gears, different experience.
    found it.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?49136-O-da-vs-Z-dar&p=83157&viewfull=1#post83157

it was by kellere32. as confirmed by your calculations - narghal and oda have the highest multiplier.

after playing oda and grazzak for a few weeks, imo, grazzak is more novelty like leogan. using the same weapon (tier IV, arcane fire pistol @ lvl 7), oda produces twice the damage vs grazzak.

oda, alia (i am waiting for a sale on kassia), zdar, narghal would be my party of choice. complete hh missions in the shortest time ever. for me at least. YMMV - different gears, different experience.

If DPS is your goal then your party is best for the HH missions. That is essentially what I use and the first star monsters drop within 3 seconds. In real play you will need a healer and you have to face missions with randomly entering archers who target that healer. I prefer Fel'mor's taunt and Vampirism to Nar'ghal's dark attraction for managing these situations. Besides, a tank's job is to soak up damage. Dealing it out is secondary.

When it comes to Oda vs Zdar or Kassia however I'm undecided. I like Oda's damage dealing capabilities but Kassia's ability to incapacitate a boss and Zdar's ability to stun the whole field are more useful than the range-challenged Jetpack or bombtastic. Right now I'm focusing on getting better armor for Oda. He's so strong that monsters agro on him but his AC is over 300 points lower than my Zdar. After that I'll be able to do a better compare.
    rewand wrote: »
    If DPS is your goal then your party is best for the HH missions. That is essentially what I use and the first star monsters drop within 3 seconds. In real play you will need a healer and you have to face missions with randomly entering archers who target that healer. I prefer Fel'mor's taunt and Vampirism to Nar'ghal's dark attraction for managing these situations. Besides, a tank's job is to soak up damage. Dealing it out is secondary.

When it comes to Oda vs Zdar or Kassia however I'm undecided. I like Oda's damage dealing capabilities but Kassia's ability to incapacitate a boss and Zdar's ability to stun the whole field are more useful than the range-challenged Jetpack or bombtastic. Right now I'm focusing on getting better armor for Oda. He's so strong that monsters agro on him but his AC is over 300 points lower than my Zdar. After that I'll be able to do a better compare.

Yup, i prefaced my comment with a big YMMV. Don't get me wrong - Felmor is indespensible for the very two skills you mentioned. There are some missions where you just blow through it so quickly that any defensive posturing is wasted. Narghal is just so much stronger in those cases where you don't need defense. I'm at the stage where healer is a luxury, not a necessity.

You shouldn't rely on Kassia for bosses. You have Felmor if you need to kite, and also ice arrow lasts only for a short while. I take alia (kassia's substitute) for the sole purpose of more damage. You can easily use a stun, knockback or chaos accessory or a frost weapon and it has the same effect. I equip alia with a stun item and venom bow. zdar has a venom staff too. let me just say my combo takes out anyone that come into the screen before they can react.

As for mobs that enter (i.e. 3 enemies or more at a time) - I rely on Oda's first skill. It causes combination of chaos and fire burn. The skill also refreshes faster than zdar's earthquake. Yes, zdar's EQ is screenwide while oda's is targeted, but in a lot of encounters, the monsters come from a single direction - which I find Oda's skill to be more useful. Fire off the skill and the mob is effectively neutralized.

I seldom use zdar's EQ now, nor do I use alia's arrow shower much. oda's skills though are used more frequently. again - YMMV - try the following combo, it's pretty devastating.
    I'm using, fel'mor, tlanac, kassia, zedar.

I only play area 11 and 12 Elite missions, boss area 12 and a few of the new hard missions. The rest of them i just start them and auto attack/heal finishes the rest of the mission without any interaction from me.
  • WinterHordeWinterHorde Registered Users 96 Posts
    You shouldn't rely on Kassia for bosses. You have Felmor if you need to kite, and also ice arrow lasts only for a short while. I take alia (kassia's substitute) for the sole purpose of more damage.
    You actually prefer Alia over Kassia??? Well that's a first... :rolleyes:
    How can you produce more damage with Alia?
    You actually prefer Alia over Kassia??? Well that's a first... :rolleyes:
    How can you produce more damage with Alia?

I haven't bought kassia yet. That's why I use Alia for now.
    I'm at the stage where healer is a luxury, not a necessity.
    For HH missions and difficulty < 60-70 yes. No way I could complete the last two without a healer.
    You shouldn't rely on Kassia for bosses. You have Felmor if you need to kite, and also ice arrow lasts only for a short while. I take alia (kassia's substitute) for the sole purpose of more damage.
    MORE damage!? My Alia does a lot less damage than Kassia.
    I'm using, fel'mor, tlanac, kassia, zedar.

I only play area 11 and 12 Elite missions, boss area 12 and a few of the new hard missions. The rest of them i just start them and auto attack/heal finishes the rest of the mission without any interaction from me.

Yea, I've been doing a lot of that too. I get stung sometimes when the healer is stuck on someone while an acid spider is hitting the healer but as long as they auto-attack it works.
  • VenVen Registered Users 21 Posts
    I think Rognan is the better tank for HH missions if you can swing it (pun!). It lets Kassia, O'da, and Grazzak take full DPS gear because the Rog-man can take care of both the venom and frost debuffs, and I think his armor smash move might stack with venom (hard to tell because all the little red/purple numbers overlap and I don't care enough to test it for reals).

As for Grazzak being a novelty... He's got better DPS than Kassia or O'da, with O'da having notably better burst over a 2-3 second window. Even if the uptime on Grazzak's Supersonic-equivalent weren't so beastly, it hardly matters... Once your gear is up to it, even the three-star bounties are dead before the buff wears off.

I used to think CC was more important but I've been running Graz/O'da/Fel/Tlanc in all DPS gear and the final four star has become somewhat trivial.
  • damneddamned Registered Users 8 Posts
    I've got oda to 40, and gemmed each level for max clout.... and I hate him.
    DPS shmeePS, he misses like a mofo. The artist didn't put a pair of specs on that little freak for nothing.