Who is the best solo player

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
Anyone else run solo missions? One hero taking on the dungeon? My son likes to do easy missions with just Tlanak or even Thia. I see little sense in that but I do sometimes run solo on headhunter mission just for fun and change. The traditional fights are usually to bump someone's XP but they can get exciting as well particularly the ones with multiple enemies that would traditionally be taken out by a kiting tank and ranged support.

This morning I started to wonder who is best at this sort of thing. My experience is that ranged is better than melee not only for damage avoidance but because it makes everything go faster. The ability to move quickly is good, AOE attack is a necessity and of course doing heavy damage is a plus. Kassia, Zdar, Grazz, Oda... all look interesting but am I wrong in saying that odd-ball Leogan is the most well rounded? The one drawback I see is that he doesn't have a swiftness upgrade. On the other hand he has two key skills the others miss. First he can heal himself. Second, he can recruit an enemy to his side. This has me wondering if he could last longer in a hard solo fight than anyone else.

Thoughts?

Comments

• crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    Anyone else run solo missions? One hero taking on the dungeon? My son likes to do easy missions with just Tlanak or even Thia. I see little sense in that but I do sometimes run solo on headhunter mission just for fun and change. The traditional fights are usually to bump someone's XP but they can get exciting as well particularly the ones with multiple enemies that would traditionally be taken out by a kiting tank and ranged support.

This morning I started to wonder who is best at this sort of thing. My experience is that ranged is better than melee not only for damage avoidance but because it makes everything go faster. The ability to move quickly is good, AOE attack is a necessity and of course doing heavy damage is a plus. Kassia, Zdar, Grazz, Oda... all look interesting but am I wrong in saying that odd-ball Leogan is the most well rounded? The one drawback I see is that he doesn't have a swiftness upgrade. On the other hand he has two key skills the others miss. First he can heal himself. Second, he can recruit an enemy to his side. This has me wondering if he could last longer in a hard solo fight than anyone else.

Thoughts?

Leogan has two healing spells. I like to charm an enemy healer as it is faster than his life drain spell. The life drain, I seldom use because it is so slow to activate.

I have been using 4 ranged heroes lately for my runs. Leogan has occupied the fourth spot consistently.
  • SeTaSSeTaS Registered Users 73 Posts
    maybe fel'mor?
    he is slow, but he have life stealing and he can take a lot of damage...
  • aleealee Registered Users 29 Posts
    I once had Tlanac do a mine run when all of my other heroes were in training. It took a long time to wait for his tornado skill to recharge every time. I never noticed that Thea's Astral Force also causes damage. I just had her do the first mission in South Lerona solo. Of course, it also took a long time. I do often have fighters do missions solo, or with a healer for mission difficulty above 50, when I have nobody else who needs experience. I hadn't expected to find that Nar'Ghal with just a healer could take on most of the missions in Area XII and the eastern part of South Lerona.

Currently, I send four ranged fighters, or three ranged fighers and a healer for mission difficulty above 50, to gain blue items to fuse with runic items, though that's mostly on autopilot.