Options

Android Problems again

I am playing on a Samsung S4. About a week ago the game stopped working. It starts the game, and then gets to the first screen where it generally does some kind of update as there is a status bar. It never moves and then it kicks me back to my home screen on my phone. I went through this once before and have tried to delete the patch file several times. Each time it patches and kicks me to the home screen. Has anyone else had any problems recently? They started for me late last week. I am not willing to ditch all my chars and gear as I have well over 1500 if not 2k gold invested. I have all but Oda purchased, 2 toons at lvl 40 and 2 close to 40.

Comments

• Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    I use a Nexus 7 and have had what may be a similar problem. things working fine and then the game hangs on startup. What I've found (at least for me) is that the other GLU game I have (Deerhunter Reloaded) also hangs. There are two things I have done to fix this. Sometimes one works, sometimes the other...

First I install and run some other GLU games. Zombies Ate my Friends is what has worked for me in the past but I've heard that Tavern Quest can work as well. That often fixes both HoD and Deerhunter.

I did have a time when this didn't work and I had to contact tech support. Here's the feedback they gave me.
    A common cause of crashes is insufficient working memory due to other programs running at the same time in the background.

To free up more memory for the game:

go into your Settings,
    choose "Applications"
    then "Manage Applications,"

then tap the "Running" tab where you can close (Force Close button) any apps that aren't essential (Please force close also the Glu game that is giving you trouble).

Please note that we cannot guarantee functionality on rooted devices, If your device is rooted or modified, we are not able to support this option.

IMPORTANT: do NOT tap the "clear data" option. We are not responsible for games erased by mistakenly clearing data for the app in question. Clearing data will erase your game progress.

If your Game was recently updated and stopped working, please see below:

Game updates can be tricky at times especially when the resource file is big.

When the game had been working OK, but no longer starts after the update, it's usually related to the resource pack that recently updated the game. The file was most likely damaged and needs to be replaced.

You may need to access your SD card folders and find the Glu game resource file folders then delete the corresponding file for the game that is causing you trouble. Once this file is deleted, the game will prompt you to download a new resource pack. Please make sure you are on a good WiFi connection and that your SD card has enough room on it.

Usually the location of these resource files on the SD card should be in 2 different area, files have to be deleted from BOTH LOCATIONS

/Android/obb/<package-name> AND /Android/data/<package-name>

For example:

/Android/data/com.glu.android.gunbros_free for Gun Bros

/Android/data/com.glu.android.ck for Contract Killer

/Android/data/com.glu.android.warriors for Eternity Warriors

/Android/data/com.glu.modwarsniper for Front Line Commando

/Android/data/com.glu.gladiator_nr for Blood & Glory (NR)

/Android/data/com.glu.ckzombies2 for Contract killer Zombies 2

/Android/data/com.glu.contractkiller2 for Contract killer 2

/Android/data/com.glu.stardom for Stardom: The A List

/Android/data/com.glu.gunbros2 for Gun Bros 2

/Android/data/com.glu.android.brawler for Big Time Gangsta, etc.

The game should work after your new resource pack is downloaded and installed successfully.

We hope this information helps you in resolving the problem.

Regards,
    Yasamin
    Glu Mobile Customer Care.

Once I deleted the two directories and re-downloaded the resource pack the game worked.
  • Options
    RubiconRubicon Registered Users 13 Posts
    Thanks, I had known about the deleting and have done that before. I have tried it again and it is still not connecting. I also tried the memory thing, and that did not work either. I run lots of Glu games for the coins and they all work except HOD. Its very odd. I will keep hoping and keep trying to delete etc... If anyone else has any ideas I am open to them. Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    RubiconRubicon Registered Users 13 Posts
    Can anyone tell me how I can create a help ticket. I still cant get the game to work, while every other glu game works or I can install and have it work. Is it possible that the problem is some kind of connecting to google issue? That is the only thing I can think of. The game still locks up on the initial screen and cant seem to connect past a certain part and I get kicked to the home screen of my Android phone. I can be patient as I have invested a ton of time into my HOD account. I play the other games to support my coin needs in HOD. It is now getting extremely frustrating.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Rubicon wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how I can create a help ticket. I still cant get the game to work, while every other glu game works or I can install and have it work. Is it possible that the problem is some kind of connecting to google issue? That is the only thing I can think of. The game still locks up on the initial screen and cant seem to connect past a certain part and I get kicked to the home screen of my Android phone. I can be patient as I have invested a ton of time into my HOD account. I play the other games to support my coin needs in HOD. It is now getting extremely frustrating.

Top left of this page has a link to Forum
    Second item under the Info Desk section is Customer Care

First item in the second section is a sticky called Welcome to the Glu Customer Care (Read Me First)

First item in the first section is a sub-forum called Creating a Customer Care Ticket