You need to fix this game

Hi there. I haven't had any glitching issues that I've noticed, but the function of the game itself needs to be redone.

1. This game is entirely inconsistent when it comes to enemies and their difficulty levels. A level might say Easy difficulty or may be green or might have a low number, but you can still get slaughtered even though you've easily beaten other levels of the exact same difficulty. Also, you might be in a dungeon where you are easily killing everything, and then some random single enemy shows up that is strong enough to wipe out your whole team. It's ridiclous!

2. There needs to be WAAAAY more money available! Each character has 4-5 items, and to buy new characters takes 10,000+, yet you might only get anywhere from 300-1,000 silver in a single dungeon. By the time I've bought maybe one new attack item for the 5 characters I have, or one (and only one) new defensive item per character (and that's defense OR offense, not both!), the game's difficulty level has changed, and the items have all gone up a level. There's just no way possible to keep up with the difficulty level unless you pay a bunch of money, which is basically cheating and renders the game pointless to play! And if you replay old levels you already beat, the reward is nearly useless! Rewards for each level and each difficulty should remain constant so that a party can level itself up and buy new gear when needed.

Summary: Make the difficulty levels and the monsters in them consistent, and provide the ability to earn enough money to actually pay for all the costs!

Comments

• rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Xyst wrote: »
    Hi there. I haven't had any glitching issues that I've noticed, but the function of the game itself needs to be redone.

1. This game is entirely inconsistent when it comes to enemies and their difficulty levels. A level might say Easy difficulty or may be green or might have a low number, but you can still get slaughtered even though you've easily beaten other levels of the exact same difficulty. Also, you might be in a dungeon where you are easily killing everything, and then some random single enemy shows up that is strong enough to wipe out your whole team. It's ridiclous!

2. There needs to be WAAAAY more money available! Each character has 4-5 items, and to buy new characters takes 10,000+, yet you might only get anywhere from 300-1,000 silver in a single dungeon. By the time I've bought maybe one new attack item for the 5 characters I have, or one (and only one) new defensive item per character (and that's defense OR offense, not both!), the game's difficulty level has changed, and the items have all gone up a level. There's just no way possible to keep up with the difficulty level unless you pay a bunch of money, which is basically cheating and renders the game pointless to play! And if you replay old levels you already beat, the reward is nearly useless! Rewards for each level and each difficulty should remain constant so that a party can level itself up and buy new gear when needed.

Summary: Make the difficulty levels and the monsters in them consistent, and provide the ability to earn enough money to actually pay for all the costs!

I notice this is your first post. Since both of the issues you raise have been discussed at length I'll go out on a limb and guess that you haven't read up on past forum postings. I'll copy some links later to general problem discussions.

I recommend you read the FAQs and other postings and work on missions consistent with your difficulty level. Please remember, there will almost always be something out there too hard for your party.

A few points:
    * HP, Armor, and attack are based on party level. Go ahead and buy heroes even if you won't use them much. They can be leveled up which will add to the strength of the whole party.
    * Two healers, one tank and one shooter is often a good way to slog thru missions until your party is stronger. Later you can add a second shooter.
    * Do some research on which heroes you will want to invest in. Once you come up with your final fighting party ALWAYS buy the extra skill point when leveling them up (Tlanac or Nixx seem to be best for healing, Kassia and her boss killing Ice Arrow are all but essential, either Felmor or Narghul for hit-and-run tank duty. Fill in the extra ranged slot with Z'dar or one of the gunners)
    * If your tank can't keep up with the damage you need to strengthen your armor. Attack strength and quick kills are nice but survival is better. Once you can keep up with the damage the mission will get easy and you'll be ready for the next star/challenge.
    * There are ways of getting coin and gems/credits. It's a combination of patience, and prudent spending. Remember, an unbeaten level will be there tomorrow. An unbeaten event will be back next week. If you could finish the game in a day it would be boring.
    * Don't buy items (until the end). Win them in fights. The items will become obsolete so quickly that you will just waste your money.
    * Don't waste coin and gems on heavy item upgrades (I generally do 3). By the time you've unlocked Tier VI items you'll have some clue on what to really invest in.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?48107-PLEASE-PLEASE-fix-how-you-rate-difficulty&highlight=balance
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?54346-What-s-your-favorite-inconsistency-in-HoD&highlight=balance
  • XystXyst Registered Users 6 Posts
    rewand, while I appreciate you taking the time to respond, you seem to have just ignored everything I've said!

1. That was to be my first and ONLY post. I'm not here to be a regular forum member, I'm here because it was the only way I could find to contact the game creators, which is silly since I can directly e-mail makers of other games who are from half-way across the world. If there was an e-mail address where I could have voiced this complaint, it was not made easy enough to find.

2. I'm not going to read FAQs or other posts, I came here to voice a complaint in hopes that these things are corrected. If you had read my post then you would not tell me to look for levels "consistent" with my difficulty level, because one of my major complaints is that there IS no consistency! My party level is 65. I can go beat a Red "32" mission on hard in one area, and get completely obliterated on a green "20" level on Normal or Hard in a different dungeon. If I can beat one dungeon in green, level "20", and on Very Hard, then I should be able to beat ALL green level 20 dungeons on very hard with the same ease. This is not the case, and that DOES need to be corrected.

3. Again, you completely ignored another point I made. I cannot AFFORD to buy weapons, armor, AND heroes. I can only AFFORD 1 set of those 3 different sets PER TIER. This is a serious problem! No real RPG ever has it's main bottleneck being that the player simply can't afford the gear or heroes required to advance through the game.

4. C'mon, I've obviously tried every combination of the players I have, including the use of 2 healers. This is not the issue, the issue is inconsistency with the dungeons STATED level of difficulty, and it's ACTUAL level of difficulty.

5. Another example of how you did not read my post, telling me to research on which heroes I invest in!? I have a total of 48 Glu Credits. And that's after using none the entire game! So telling me to buy the extra skill point is just as pointless. I don't earn as many Glu credits as fast as I level up. And I'm not going to pay for this game - it's free. If the game makers want to earn money, they should not call it a free game. They should charge for it, or at the very least, ONLY charge money for extras in the game, like extra characters or super strong armor or weapons. I should not be struggling just to find enough silver coins to keep my armor and weapons updated!

6. This is almost condescending. of COURSE I upgrade my armor. I upgrade EVERYTHING I get! Do you really think a 2-3 point addition to the armor is going to change the game from impossible to manageable!?! Not even close!

7. You are correct here. Every day I do manage to find levels that I can beat, though I have to search EVERY SINGLE LEVEL manually to find out if it's actually the difficulty level that it states, which is almost NEVER the case. However, you are not so correct with the Glu credits. As previously stated, at party level 65 I have only 48 Glu credits - enough to buy 1 or 2 pieces of equipment, and nothing else. I never use revives, I never use credits to upgrade ANYTHING, and I'm nowhere near buying any heroes with gold.

8. If I don't buy armor and weapons, I can't advance. There's no way possible to advance through this game without buying weapons and armor, as the rate that GOOD weapons and armor are dropped is extremely small. In a full day of playing I might find 1 or 2 items that are an upgrade to what I already have equipped. This piece of advice here is probably your worst.

9. I already know what to invest in at all times. I've been playing RPG's for 15 years, so I know what I'm doing.

The point is my original argument remains VERY legitimate, and if the game makers want a 5/5, that's all they need to fix. I wouldn't be here wasting time if this game wasn't worth the advice. My advice will make it perfect. Thank you.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    My apologies. As someone who has beaten the Ice Demon (Area XII boss fight) I thought to offer some help. I see you don't need it.

best regards
  • VenVen Registered Users 21 Posts
    Just to point 5 - This is not a free game. You pay no money up front, it's true, but it's not free. You either spend capital on the game by:
    -providing advertising time (watching videos, clicking links)
    -paying GLU
    -paying GLU's supporters/advertisers

Each of these actions has value, and you exchange those actions for essential items in the game. Just like TV. Insisting the game *should* be playable without spending any of your capital may be valid, but that's immaterial and shrill - GLU has made an advertising platform here disguised as a game. If you find the platform enjoyable, great, they've succeeded. It's also great to discuss points of improvement to make the platform better for everyone, but fundamentally, it is not free, and playing it like the game should be free is pointless. It sucks but your chances of getting GLU to make less money so that you (and probably all of us) will enjoy the experience more is unlikely to gain traction. Similar to how when I walked into Bed, Bath, and Beyond last week and asked for free sheets I was asked politely to leave.

So. Rewand's advice re: item 5 is not to spend the coins leveling your characters until you've watched 5 "free gem" videos or however you get your gems, and to be patient. This is a crucial part of the "game" and it is unlikely to change unless GLU radically alters their mission. If you choose to play the game "free", then you'll get exactly what you paid for.
  • crazyaddictcrazyaddict Registered Users 65 Posts
    Best advise is to remove the cyst before it becomes cancerous.
  • chrilion1@gmail.comchrilion1@gmail.com Registered Users 258 Posts
    Xyst wrote: »
    rewand, while I appreciate you taking the time to respond, you seem to have just ignored everything I've said!

1. That was to be my first and ONLY post. I'm not here to be a regular forum member, I'm here because it was the only way I could find to contact the game creators, which is silly since I can directly e-mail makers of other games who are from half-way across the world. If there was an e-mail address where I could have voiced this complaint, it was not made easy enough to find.

2. I'm not going to read FAQs or other posts, I came here to voice a complaint in hopes that these things are corrected. If you had read my post then you would not tell me to look for levels "consistent" with my difficulty level, because one of my major complaints is that there IS no consistency! My party level is 65. I can go beat a Red "32" mission on hard in one area, and get completely obliterated on a green "20" level on Normal or Hard in a different dungeon. If I can beat one dungeon in green, level "20", and on Very Hard, then I should be able to beat ALL green level 20 dungeons on very hard with the same ease. This is not the case, and that DOES need to be corrected.

3. Again, you completely ignored another point I made. I cannot AFFORD to buy weapons, armor, AND heroes. I can only AFFORD 1 set of those 3 different sets PER TIER. This is a serious problem! No real RPG ever has it's main bottleneck being that the player simply can't afford the gear or heroes required to advance through the game.

4. C'mon, I've obviously tried every combination of the players I have, including the use of 2 healers. This is not the issue, the issue is inconsistency with the dungeons STATED level of difficulty, and it's ACTUAL level of difficulty.

5. Another example of how you did not read my post, telling me to research on which heroes I invest in!? I have a total of 48 Glu Credits. And that's after using none the entire game! So telling me to buy the extra skill point is just as pointless. I don't earn as many Glu credits as fast as I level up. And I'm not going to pay for this game - it's free. If the game makers want to earn money, they should not call it a free game. They should charge for it, or at the very least, ONLY charge money for extras in the game, like extra characters or super strong armor or weapons. I should not be struggling just to find enough silver coins to keep my armor and weapons updated!

6. This is almost condescending. of COURSE I upgrade my armor. I upgrade EVERYTHING I get! Do you really think a 2-3 point addition to the armor is going to change the game from impossible to manageable!?! Not even close!

7. You are correct here. Every day I do manage to find levels that I can beat, though I have to search EVERY SINGLE LEVEL manually to find out if it's actually the difficulty level that it states, which is almost NEVER the case. However, you are not so correct with the Glu credits. As previously stated, at party level 65 I have only 48 Glu credits - enough to buy 1 or 2 pieces of equipment, and nothing else. I never use revives, I never use credits to upgrade ANYTHING, and I'm nowhere near buying any heroes with gold.

8. If I don't buy armor and weapons, I can't advance. There's no way possible to advance through this game without buying weapons and armor, as the rate that GOOD weapons and armor are dropped is extremely small. In a full day of playing I might find 1 or 2 items that are an upgrade to what I already have equipped. This piece of advice here is probably your worst.

9. I already know what to invest in at all times. I've been playing RPG's for 15 years, so I know what I'm doing.

The point is my original argument remains VERY legitimate, and if the game makers want a 5/5, that's all they need to fix. I wouldn't be here wasting time if this game wasn't worth the advice. My advice will make it perfect. Thank you.

Cry Cry Cry

Your tears are so delicious.

I have all heroes, Beat all the start, I'v spent 0 $ on this game. So plz go back to WOW
  • XystXyst Registered Users 6 Posts
    Cry Cry Cry

Your tears are so delicious.

I have all heroes, Beat all the start, I'v spent 0 $ on this game. So plz go back to WOW

Nice to see the community here is really helpful and mature. I don't play WoW, or any other online RPG, I don't have time in my life for that stuff.

Thank you Ven and rewand, I'm not here to troll or make unrealistic demands, and I see that you are trying to help, however I'm not here to ask for help, or for them to make the game entirely "free". This thread is based on my opinion and is meant to give the creators helpful feedback to improve their game. I use this game as something to fill in downtime at work, that's about it, so no I'm not a hardcore app gamer who spends all their time testing and finding the best strategies to beat an app game. This game is extremely fun, and addicting, but I represent the average game app user, who has plenty of other addicting, free games to choose from. They can take the advice or not, makes no difference to me, there's always another game to replace it.
  • EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    Xyst. This game spending no $ took me about 2mkntha to beat back in may of this year. I played daily and I would say played more than the average player. I agree with you on the coin issues in the beginning but that gets overcome later in the game about area 9-10. At that point the items you get from drops you don't need sell for 300-1000 coin each so you can bulk up faster on your stash.

I think the hardest hump to overcome was entering into zone 6-7 because you still have tier 3 items. Each time you break into a new zone that ups your available tier lvl for items it will be easier for a bit and then harder at the end before you break into the next zone.

It times time and patience to farm the coin/gems you need to upgrade the key items you need but my advice is to never updated gear unless you have to until you have teir 6. The amount of gems you get in the begging is great because the need isn't their bit later on I am still farming gems to items I have to lvl 9 or 10.

Hope this helps and keep asking questions.