Ways to improve Runic fusion system

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
First off let me congratulate you on developing the Runic item system. It allows us to obtain premium items by work/skill/luck instead of having to play roulette in the expensive mystery chests. It also lets us get some value out of past investment in good but no-longer-used items. The new system has some problems though

Problems
  1. "fusion" suggests that the end product gets qualities from the inputs. In your system a weapon that did 300 damage and gave +20 HP goes thru fusion and becomes a weapon doing 110 damage with no bonuses.
    • Fusion results should be better than the inputs. Not necessarily in a cumulative sense but the result should be better than the best thing thrown into it. When a arcane frost weapon that is fused into another weapon the result should have some frost capability. Same for other bonuses. You may have a limit of one arcane feature plus two bonuses (for orange) but both the ability and the strength of the ability should be affected by the inputs.
    • If I throw in a lot of one type of bonus I'd like that to be one of the bonuses of the end product. If all inputs had that bonus the results should be off-the-chart. This may require a very different UI so that we can see what the dominant and sub-dominant traits are to an item but it would be a great feature.
  2. "evolution" suggests moving forward not only across the color spectrum but in power and abilities. However, a level 10 purple weapon with HP bonuses can evolve to a level zero Orange that does less damage, and has no HP bonuses. How is this evolution?
    • It's simply a matter of re-working the numbers to not overlap and not deleting bonus abilities.
  3. A runic item with a name like "Blazeblade" should blaze. Why do I have to upgrade it all the way to orange to find it's just a stupid sword with no special abilities?
    • The bait-and-switch tactic is annoying but it's more than the name. We should be able to know what we will end up with BEFORE starting the long expensive journey of fusion.
  4. Okay, you know we need to get rid of worthless runic items. I have no use for the eight runic staffs cluttering my inventory.
    • I suggest you let us sell and/or fuse them but when calculating their value please remember that 10 levels of fusion represent tens if not hundreds of levels of item upgrades.

Comments

• dunghackdunghack Registered Users 10 Posts
    For first point, i think the "fusion" term here can refer to sacrifice, a trade off in order to gain better item at the end. So it should only be affected by input quality (item colour) not input index (damage, attribute), it's not like we're combining items to get a better one. We can consider runic is an item that lost its soul and fusion help it step by step regain not changing the natural soul. Beside if it follow input index and inpit attribute, fusion will be even more complex to new player like me since we have to choose which item with which attribute to fuse ( not to mention that we dont have many high idex item since we still try to open new map to have higher tier item)
    For the rest 3 point, totally agree. It should not be overlap and people should know what they getting before throwing things in, it's not gambling anyway
  • GMonizGMoniz Registered Users 4 Posts
    Amen brother. U said it all. I agree whole heartedly. The fact that runic items cannot be fused or sold is laughable. Stop insulting us by rewarding hard earned mission prizes with JUNK we cant use at all.
  • ZavioZavio Registered Users 1 Posts
    Can someone please explain in simple terms how and why we should "fuse" runic items.
    My level 40 characters all have blue, purple, orange items from levels 7-9 and that seems pretty adequate.
    I have amassed tons of "supplies" over the last 2 months so I have plenty of materials and over 500k coins.
    I enjoy the game, but don't want to waste time or material $ if upgrading doesn't make sense.

Just looking for a simple explanation and ex ample of how I should proceed.

Thanks for everyone's contributions here, extremely helpful and generous.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Zavio wrote: »
    Can someone please explain in simple terms how and why we should "fuse" runic items.
    My level 40 characters all have blue, purple, orange items from levels 7-9 and that seems pretty adequate.
    I have amassed tons of "supplies" over the last 2 months so I have plenty of materials and over 500k coins.
    I enjoy the game, but don't want to waste time or material $ if upgrading doesn't make sense.

Just looking for a simple explanation and ex ample of how I should proceed.

Thanks for everyone's contributions here, extremely helpful and generous.

One of the sticky FAQ pages has a posting with some links to a couple of guides.
  • LilDagnametLilDagnamet Registered Users 62 Posts
    Allow us to fuse or sell extra runic gear. Currently I have 5 extra runic daggers, 3 extra runic hats (the Lincoln ones), 2 extra runic staves, etc...