Restart for double skill points?

I'm playing on android and my characters are all level 10 now. i never used the double skill point offer because i wanted to collect the coins for buying characters later. i think that was stupid.

should i reset my game/characters to level up new for the double skill points? will i loose my coins if i reset the game?

Comments

• rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    You will lose your coins but you should keep your glu credits.

Getting a party to level 10 doesn't take too long. I'd restart. However, you should have a plan in place for how you want to build your party. Here's what I did (more or less) when I got a new device and had to restart.

1. Restart do the tutorial and play thru all of the video clips. This should grow your glu credits by 6-10.
    2. From my past play I knew I'd likely be using two healers, a tank and a ranged unit.
    3. I knew I wanted Fel'mor (bought him before...) so I didn't spend for skills on Tiberius.
    4. Alia is a toss up. She is next to worthless compared to Kassia but when upgraded her Ice Arrow freezes bosses just as well. Having two in a party could make headhunter missions simple. All the same I did not spend on her.
    5. I bought skills for Thia but now I've learned that with an upgraded Fel'mor I don't need two healers so I wish I hadn't spent on her.
    6. I bought Brenna but did not upgrade skills
    7. Tlanac is my healer of choice and I've bought skills for him at every level.
    8. I bought Kassia as well. She is my ranged unit of choice.
    9. Z'dar was bought and upgraded before O'da came out. With Felmor and Kassia, the need for Z'dar's earthquake is reduced. O'da could serve better. Pick one, get him and upgrade him.

There are a number of ways to get Glu credits on android. One way is under the free button in the game. Another is to install other GLU games that give daily bonuses. Farming glu credits from Eternity Warrior (one, two ??) or Dearhunter Reloaded is common. Message me if you want more suggestions.
    Thinking about my post I realize I may have recommended the wrong course of action. If the players you have at level 10 are not the players you anticipate will be your main fighting party when you get to level 35-40 then restarting to buy skill points doesn't make sense. Just keep adding one skill point per level and save your glu credits for the heroes that count.
  • csSpetzNazcsSpetzNaz Registered Users 3 Posts
    Rewand im replying to u about a specific thing u mentioned about alia. I have thought about the same thing u said with the headhunter events. However that is not the case with her attack. The deep freeze arrow only immobilizes the enemies so the ranged enemies can still attack u but kassia's attack immobilizes and paralyzes. Which makes no sense cus the description of both skills is exactly the same. Do u think this is a problem with the game or was it intended that way? If its a problem can u direct me where to submit my complaint?
    csSpetzNaz wrote: »
    Rewand im replying to u about a specific thing u mentioned about alia. I have thought about the same thing u said with the headhunter events. However that is not the case with her attack. The deep freeze arrow only immobilizes the enemies so the ranged enemies can still attack u but kassia's attack immobilizes and paralyzes. Which makes no sense cus the description of both skills is exactly the same. Do u think this is a problem with the game or was it intended that way? If its a problem can u direct me where to submit my complaint?

There are other subtle differences between the two skills so I assume this is by design.
  • CazikthuleCazikthule Registered Users 5 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    There are other subtle differences between the two skills so I assume this is by design.

Just curious, as I have just reset (my party level was 165, so it pained me to do so) and don't want to have to do so again, but, did you find you really had enough Glu Credits to double Talanc everytime you wanted? I am leaning towards a very similar party for endgame.

Tank: Fel'mor (this way I can use Tiberius as tank while I save for Fel'mor)
    Heals: Tlanc and Nyxx
    DPS: Zdar, Kassia, either one of the shooter's.

Obviously I have some good option's and I will likely have time to save Glu credits for Tlanc and Zdar. Did you find that the game played much slower when trying to double SP? Also, what is this I keep hearing about waiting to level your characters? I am confused.

Side questions:
    When doing event's did you always buy Glu credits?
    What is the easiest way to level characters that you've purchased toward the end of the game?
    Cazikthule wrote: »
    Just curious, as I have just reset (my party level was 165, so it pained me to do so) and don't want to have to do so again, but, did you find you really had enough Glu Credits to double Talanc everytime you wanted? I am leaning towards a very similar party for endgame.

Tank: Fel'mor (this way I can use Tiberius as tank while I save for Fel'mor)
    Heals: Tlanc and Nyxx
    DPS: Zdar, Kassia, either one of the shooter's.

Obviously I have some good option's and I will likely have time to save Glu credits for Tlanc and Zdar. Did you find that the game played much slower when trying to double SP? Also, what is this I keep hearing about waiting to level your characters? I am confused.

Side questions:
    When doing event's did you always buy Glu credits?
    What is the easiest way to level characters that you've purchased toward the end of the game?

I don't follow all of your questions but I'll try to hit them here.

-Yes I doubled Tlanac every time. Same for Felmor, Zdar, Kasisa, Oda (free because of glitch), Grazzak (also free), and Nar'ghal. If you're using Nyxx then you'll have to decide whether you want the both maxed or just one. With fully upgraded (orange tier VI) gear a single healer is more than adequate. Even then most missions don't need a healer at all.
    -The game does slow down because you are often waiting for GLU credits. Are you on android?
    -Waiting to level could refer to time spent saving coin or credits. It could also refer to the time it takes to actually level. The hour-glass feature is new so old posts often complained about the 20+ hour wait for the top levels.
    - I didn't always spend event tokens on credits but I did that a lot until I found better ways to earn them via other GLU games.
    - You wrote "What is the easiest way to level characters that you've purchased toward the end of the game"? This one I simply don't understand. You level them the same way as every other character. Grind out levels and pay coin. There's a lot more of this than you might think. To get the party level up you'll want to level up Brenna, Rognan and everyone else.
  • CazikthuleCazikthule Registered Users 5 Posts
    I don't follow all of your questions but I'll try to hit them here.

-Yes I doubled Tlanac every time. Same for Felmor, Zdar, Kasisa, Oda (free because of glitch), Grazzak (also free), and Nar'ghal. If you're using Nyxx then you'll have to decide whether you want the both maxed or just one. With fully upgraded (orange tier VI) gear a single healer is more than adequate. Even then most missions don't need a healer at all.

Okay, so pick a healer to go double's on?
    -The game does slow down because you are often waiting for GLU credits. Are you on android?

Yes, Andriod.
    -Waiting to level could refer to time spent saving coin or credits. It could also refer to the time it takes to actually level. The hour-glass feature is new so old posts often complained about the 20+ hour wait for the top levels.

Okay, yeah I didn't see a point to wait to level unless you ran out of timer resources.
    - You wrote "What is the easiest way to level characters that you've purchased toward the end of the game"? This one I simply don't understand. You level them the same way as every other character. Grind out levels and pay coin. There's a lot more of this than you might think. To get the party level up you'll want to level up Brenna, Rognan and everyone else.

Well this is my concern. I want Nyxx and/or Kassia. I anticipate I won't have 200 Glu Credits for either of them until later in the game, definitely well after Party Level 100 so I have a few options. Bring her along the rough mission's and try to power level her through those, or grind through older missions. These seem to be the only two options, unless I am missing something.

And I did have Rognan, Zdar, Brenna, and Talanc leveled. I just didnt do double points for Zdar or Talanc and I regretted it so I restarted.