Looks like party's over for a while (multi-player)

cptklosscptkloss Registered Users 11 Posts
for me (only source of gems for me are videos and drops)... from what i see, i'll need couple of hundreds of gems to be able to kill Ettin and seal within 3 minutes. And system offers virtually 99% "Ettin" opponents for me for everything but the cheapest artifacts.

Overall game is great (as most GLU products) just needs bit of re-balancing (level2 boss, spider-eye dies in a few seconds, next one Ettin is unkillable at my level (or skill haha)

Comments

• BlitzBlitz Registered Users 227 Posts
    I told you how to kill the Ettin in your post from a few days ago. You'll have to spend some gems to upgrade your peasant, but that is about it. To spend the fewest gems you can get Lethargy to level 3, Reinforcements to level 3, Knight to level 10, and Heroic Mount to level 3 without spending any gems. I don't remember how much damage the Ettin does, but lets say he does 400-500 damage. A level 8 peasant has 370 health so you'll want a level 9 peasant or better which has 550 health.

Choose the knight, heroic mount, peasant, lethargy and reinforcments. Do not choose any other allies unless they are the type that can't be summoned by reinforcements. However you won't need to summon them. If you have the masterful skill, choose summon tornado as your third skill. You don't need to use any charms since this method kills the Ettin easily. All you have to do is instantly summon your heroic mount, then dash to the seal. You'll probably get slowed once or twice, but you should be able to make it past the part where the warding bell and sticky archers can slow you down. When the Ettin appears on screen use lethargy, run up to it, use reinforcements and then keep using the summon tornado or summon help from the upper left corner when they become available and re-use your lethargy and reinforcements as those become available. You can summon your heroic mount when it dies, but I'm able to kill the Ettin before the mount arrives. This is a really easy way to beat the Ettin. You don't even have to dodge his strikes. You can just let him keep hitting you while you and the mob of peasants pummel him to death. The key is to paralyze the Ettin as much as possbile through the mass attack, lethargy and tornado.

I almost always kill the Ettin with more than 2 minutes remaining. The only time I'll have difficulty is when I don't get past the warding bell and sticky archers quick enough. I still kill the Ettin, but it takes longer so I'll have to use reinforcements a second or third time.
  • cptklosscptkloss Registered Users 11 Posts
    Blitz wrote: »
    I told you how to kill the Ettin in your post from a few days ago. You'll have to spend some gems to upgrade your peasant, but that is about it. To spend the fewest gems you can get Lethargy to level 3, Reinforcements to level 3, Knight to level 10, and Heroic Mount to level 3 without spending any gems. I don't remember how much damage the Ettin does, but lets say he does 400-500 damage. A level 8 peasant has 370 health so you'll want a level 9 peasant or better which has 550 health.

Choose the knight, heroic mount, peasant, lethargy and reinforcments. Do not choose any other allies unless they are the type that can't be summoned by reinforcements. However you won't need to summon them. If you have the masterful skill, choose summon tornado as your third skill. You don't need to use any charms since this method kills the Ettin easily. All you have to do is instantly summon your heroic mount, then dash to the seal. You'll probably get slowed once or twice, but you should be able to make it past the part where the warding bell and sticky archers can slow you down. When the Ettin appears on screen use lethargy, run up to it, use reinforcements and then keep using the summon tornado or summon help from the upper left corner when they become available and re-use your lethargy and reinforcements as those become available. You can summon your heroic mount when it dies, but I'm able to kill the Ettin before the mount arrives. This is a really easy way to beat the Ettin. You don't even have to dodge his strikes. You can just let him keep hitting you while you and the mob of peasants pummel him to death. The key is to paralyze the Ettin as much as possbile through the mass attack, lethargy and tornado.

I almost always kill the Ettin with more than 2 minutes remaining. The only time I'll have difficulty is when I don't get past the warding bell and sticky archers quick enough. I still kill the Ettin, but it takes longer so I'll have to use reinforcements a second or third time.

GLU may have changed the encounter... my peasants are lvl 10 (845 hp) and Ettin just 1-shoots them... 96 gems to get them to 11....
    I have level 11 peasants and can confirm that the Ettin can't one shot those guys. I used to have level 10 peasants a long time ago and thought they were able to withstand one hit, but I guess I was wrong or maybe not many people had the Ettin early on. My suggestion would be to use the Ranger with flash bomb, reinforcements, and lethargy. If you do it right, the Ettin never gets to attack. Even if you make a couple mistakes and he wipes out all your allies you can always summon another mob of peasants. You can get level 5 flash bomb and level 3 lethargy without spending any gems. The flash bomb stuns for 7 seconds and lethargy slows for 7 seconds. The flash bomb recharges every 12 seconds, lethargy takes 23 seconds to recharge and reinforcements recharge every 30 seconds. Hit the Ettin with a flash bomb, then hit him with lethargy when the stun wears off, summon your peasants and use your flash bomb again. Alternate betwen your flash bomb and lethargy as needed (sometimes you won't need to use lethargy or the flash bomb because your mob is preventing the Ettin from attacking). Keep using the free skill in the upper left corner of your screen as that becomes available. If you have to, retreat a little between flash bomb recharges. This isn't as easy as the knight with level 11 peasants, but I've used both methods and they both work 100% of the time for me. I prefer using the ranger because she gets the job done quicker, but it costs me some food occasionally. Since the ranger moves so fast lots of times you can stun the Ettin near the seal so you can destroy the seal without having to kill the Ettin.

It is funny how in multiplayer you aren't allowed to go past the Ettin, but in today's Ettin Showdown daily challenge you get to move past it to dodge its attack.
    The Ettin has between 70,000-80,000 health. My golden level 11 peasant mob does 5000-6000 damage/sec and it takes them just under 14 seconds to kill the Ettin. My reinforcements skill is level 7 so I can summon 14 peasants.

In SvsZ2 the Ettin is the Zombie Shogun. It only had 10,000 health and didn't do much damage, but had a very long reach too. Glu really increased the difficulty in D&D, but if you can get your peasants to level 11 everything will be easy.
    I upgraded my reinforcements skill to level 8 so I can summon 16 peasants now. 16 peasants is enough to freeze the Ettin so he can't attack. Therefore a level 8 reinforcements skill is a much easier way to kill the Ettin.

Update: The Ettin isn't completely frozen, but is slowed so much that you can easily use flash bomb, summon tornado or lethargy to make sure he isn't able to attack. It looks 16 peasants slows him down so much that it will take 20-30 seconds for him to perform one attack.
    I just upgraded my Ranger to level 8 so she has 825 health. When she was level 7 she had 600 health and the Ettin always knocked her down to zero. The Ettin does about 700 damage. Level 10 peasants have 845 health so they won't be killed with one blow unless they were damaged by other enemies first. Also the Ettins in the daily challenge are significantly weaker than the ones in multiplayer. They have less health, do less damage and you can run by them to dodge their attacks, but there is usually more than one Ettin in a daily challenge.
    My Ranger is now powerful enough where she can kill the Ettin without summoning anything so I've been able to determine that it has 65,000 health and does 700 damage in multiplayer. The Ettin is significantly weaker when you see it in the Daily Challenge.