***!! Don't Update the app!! Sucks!!

StevenSTIGStevenSTIG Registered Users 2 Posts
Still not fixed:
- experience bar is stuck at level 24
, pretty sure I've levelled up at least twice or thrice since it was stuck at Lvl 24

After Updating the app this morning:
- upgrades now cost TWICE as much!!! And I was almost finishing!!
- daily hunt mission now pays out 7000 instead of 43000... ***?!
- cos of upgrades are now doubled to exorbitant amounts!! 300k over?? And the daily mission is only paying 7K now?
- keeps asking me everytime by this pop-up screen telling me I have enough cash to upgrade the Breakthrough Nodes.. Who gives a **** about the nodes? Why isn't more useful info coming up instead? Or don't bother having the upgrade reminder in that case
- Focusmode is now REALLY slow when it shoots, pretty retarded; previously was much smoother n had a better feel

Would be good:
- if players could sell off older weapons
- upgrades didn't cost as much
- IF IT WASNT SO OBVIOUS ON HOW THE DEVELOPERS ARE TRYING TO GET players to BUY more GOLD.... There are much more subtle and different ways to get players to do in-app purchases.... Robocop blatantly at every screens shoves it in your face as the better thing to do... It's obvious by the new flashing 'Get 50 Gold for ONLY $1.28" banner.. Not only does it spoil the look of the game.. It cheapens it and the experience.
- furthermore, looking at the style of the game. If a player somehow decides to throw in the towel and give in to temptation to purchase a Gold costing weapon. That weapon would probably remove any challenge in the game play and make it too easy to finish the game. So what's the point? It becomes like a 'cheat' button. No progression....

All in all... BAD idea to update the app.... Hope the developers quickly address this.. Will probably delete my game in a few days as it's just not worth the time n effort anymore..

Comments

• volrath77volrath77 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Why not restore from a backup?

Anyway thanks for the warning.
    iPhone 5 user
  • RRRRRR Registered Users 1 Posts
    I concur with StevenSTIG. I was a regular player of this game and have almost completed it. I updated it on my iPhone and now I will probably stop playing it. When it takes $100,000 to do a minor update on a weapon and you can only clear $6000-$7000 every time you play it, it will take forever to finish it.
  • StevenSTIGStevenSTIG Registered Users 2 Posts
    Such a shame though.. I don't usually play games on my phone.... But after playing it for a couple of mins after d/l-ing it... I found it pretty fun, good graphics.. arrrh! Was born in the 80s... So Robocop was the **** then along with TMNT... 😁
  • MartoscarMartoscar Registered Users 5 Posts
    I don't know what's wrong but I don't have those problems after the update. Prices are the same, the rewards for the daily missions are the same... I only got the new prompts telling me to upgrade nodes -which is silly, I have my suit and guns maxed already, but I can live with it- and the option to change suits and buy new ones. Maybe the problems you all mention are iOs related? I'm on a Note 10.1 running stock android, so I don't know about it...
  • illu2illu2 Registered Users 1 Posts
    StevenSTIG wrote: »
    Still not fixed:
    - experience bar is stuck at level 24
    , pretty sure I've levelled up at least twice or thrice since it was stuck at Lvl 24

After Updating the app this morning:
    - upgrades now cost TWICE as much!!! And I was almost finishing!!
    - daily hunt mission now pays out 7000 instead of 43000... ***?!
    - cos of upgrades are now doubled to exorbitant amounts!! 300k over?? And the daily mission is only paying 7K now?
    - keeps asking me everytime by this pop-up screen telling me I have enough cash to upgrade the Breakthrough Nodes.. Who gives a **** about the nodes? Why isn't more useful info coming up instead? Or don't bother having the upgrade reminder in that case
    - Focusmode is now REALLY slow when it shoots, pretty retarded; previously was much smoother n had a better feel

Would be good:
    - if players could sell off older weapons
    - upgrades didn't cost as much
    - IF IT WASNT SO OBVIOUS ON HOW THE DEVELOPERS ARE TRYING TO GET players to BUY more GOLD.... There are much more subtle and different ways to get players to do in-app purchases.... Robocop blatantly at every screens shoves it in your face as the better thing to do... It's obvious by the new flashing 'Get 50 Gold for ONLY $1.28" banner.. Not only does it spoil the look of the game.. It cheapens it and the experience.
    - furthermore, looking at the style of the game. If a player somehow decides to throw in the towel and give in to temptation to purchase a Gold costing weapon. That weapon would probably remove any challenge in the game play and make it too easy to finish the game. So what's the point? It becomes like a 'cheat' button. No progression....

All in all... BAD idea to update the app.... Hope the developers quickly address this.. Will probably delete my game in a few days as it's just not worth the time n effort anymore..

^^^
    I totally agree. I was having fun in the game, even though it is repetitive and basically the same thing over and over, it was a good little time waster. I ran the update this morning, foolishly not having backed up and now all the missions on the iOS version hardly give any money at all! What a rip-off and now it will take forever just to get an add on for my gun or suit. Ridiculous.
    It is almost a blessing in disguise I suppose. I was playing maybe 20 or 30 minutes a night and now I will delete the game and play something else. Thanks.
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I agree totally. Can't see me bothering to complete tier 5 when I can only earn between 5,800 and 7,000 credits repeating the same level ad infinitum and a single upgrade to a single gun ( all 5 weapons are required) costs 239,000!
    Luckily I didn't update and came here first. I'm on iOS too. Either there's a serious bug somewhere or it's trying to drive the player to frustration enough to make him want to make in-app purchases.

Heh, maybe I'll back up the phone first and apply the update...

Nah...
    iPhone 5 user
    Knowing about Glu's reputation, I'd bet they just have realized there was a lot of people like me able to finish the game as it was without having to spend a single dime on it -I even ended up with a surplus of 2.200 upgrade points and 1.200.000$ after finishing the storyline and all the side missions. So I guess they came to the conclusion that the game wasn't broke enough as it was and decide to break it beyond repair so it's materially impossible to beat it without paying. I'm absolutely sure the android version's update was THE mistake, not the iOs one, so If you're a droid user and are reading this, be aware. We're next.
    A defender and for all the wrong reasons. What happened to quality control? Was the update not tested before it was released? Why is it that the android version behaves differently from iOS version? When there are people that had spent tons of time in the game and/or actually paid for in-app purchases (the latter are the people that Glu should actually take care of), and such a poorly executed update was what they got, are these people not justified for thinking or feeling that they were ripped off?
    iPhone 5 user
    volrath77 wrote: »
    A defender and for all the wrong reasons. What happened to quality control? Was the update not tested before it was released? Why is it that the android version behaves differently from iOS version? When there are people that had spent tons of time in the game and/or actually paid for in-app purchases (the latter are the people that Glu should actually take care of), and such a poorly executed update was what they got, are these people not justified for thinking or feeling that they were ripped off?

Are you referring to me? I'm not defending them at all!

Also, I have every right to complain even if I didn't pay in-app purchases to beat it. First, because that SHOULD be the spirit of any free-to-play game -no FTP should be unbeatable without IAP, that's a falacy. Second, because I DID pay for it with my time and all the ads I watched during it. Did you know that an app with a 1.000.000 install base can generate as much as 10.000$ from publicity only? That's 300.000$ every month! But the publisher only gets that money if the users actually watch the ads, and in order to do so Glu needs to keep players coming back to the add as many times as possible.

And where am I stating that you're no justified to state you're being ripped off? On the contrary, I'm suporting your claims!
    Martoscar wrote: »
    Are you referring to me? I'm not defending them at all!

Also, I have every right to complain even if I didn't pay in-app purchases to beat it. First, because that SHOULD be the spirit of any free-to-play game -no FTP should be unbeatable without IAP, that's a falacy. Second, because I DID pay for it with my time and all the ads I watched during it. Did you know that an app with a 1.000.000 install base can generate as much as 10.000$ from publicity only? That's 300.000$ every month! But the publisher only gets that money if the users actually watch the ads, and in order to do so Glu needs to keep players coming back to the add as many times as possible.

And where am I stating that you're no justified to state you're being ripped off? On the contrary, I'm suporting your claims!
    Ah, looks like I misunderstood you then. Sorry about that.
    iPhone 5 user
    Anyone know how you get the 2.2 suit? I assume it's an upgrade of the 2.1?
    I've been plugging away at this game for 2 weeks trying to finish it, but it's useless. I have 32,000 bucks in my kitty and I've just worked out that I need 1,457,000 to complete my weapon upgrades. That's 3 days of playing the same boring level 10 times every 100 minutes for 16 hours a day. Not sure I can face anymore!!
  • dump_robodump_robo Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am not playing this game any more until the daily mission pay is changed back and the annoying pop up for breakthrough nodes is removed. I'm also posting a negative review on iTunes so nobody else downloads this game because its been turned to junk!
  • jhenyk2jhenyk2 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Yea i got the same bugs when i updated the app its realy sucks, waiting for a fix...