Bugs, performance and suggestions

cadrecolacadrecola Registered Users 1 Posts
I'm in love with this game. RoboCop is probably the best software Glu has put out yet, and I play Contract Killer 2 quite frequently.

However, it's early days and there's bound to be some bugs and hiccups.

Here are a few I've noticed:

The cloud saving prompt saying "there is a conflict between cloud and local data" will continuously pop up every minute or two, regardless of choosing local or cloud. The XP and score shown for both, in my case are identical, so it is frustrating to have to keep choosing and moreso when it occurs during gameplay.

That's really the main bug I've found annoying. Performance could use a boost, I'm on an HTC One, which has a quad core and 2 GB of RAM, so smooth framerates in gameplay and menus is a reasonable expectation, especially considering the game's 90MB file size.

One final suggestion: the ability to switch between the "classic" RoboCop skin and the new "black armored" version, when unlocked.

Hopefully, others will use this thread to post their own responses/reports for bugs, performance across various devices, or suggestions.

:cool:

Comments

• volrath77volrath77 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Firstly, definitely agree on the needed performance update abovementioned especially in terms of memory management for iPhone. The game stutters too much. I'm using iPhone 4 so I'm not expecting much but when Robo keeps running around in circles during stage transitions in OCP missions, aims backwards instead of forward, and finally somehow finding him clipping through walls and starts running on a beach when I use the evasion function; something really needs to be worked on this game.

Actually that aiming backwards thing happens in almost all missions. Add repeated looping animations when Robo is running from cover to cover too as well.

Secondly, only complaints + suggestions here as follows:

1. The game as it is now is too blatantly "Pay to Win" especially when it emphasizes use of the research points in upgrading nodes, and I'm not even talking about how much gold bar are needed to get better weapons (don't even get me started on the high-tech box) and how much earned gold bar every time level up occurs (just 1). How about making it that research points can be earned from the Challenge missions? Make it minimum amount if need be but it makes people feel that they could play the game if they have to grind to get what they want without jumping straight into their wallets everytime they hit a wall.

2. Speaking of 'wall', this is really emphasized with the minimum suit/weapon upgrade required for missions when one couldn't take the mission if the suit/weapon upgrade isn't/aren't up to spec. Cannot progress without getting more upgrades. So what happens then? Should the player simply stop and uninstall just for being unable to pay to get more gold bars to buy their way through the game? This is also a reason why the number of gold bars earned per level up as well as more ways to earn research points via the Challenge missions should be implemented.

3. The High Tech & Research Date Boxes in Specials. Does it really need to have money in there as part of the prizes? No seriously. The measly amounts of in-game money offered ($2.5k/$3k/$5k/$10k) can be earned easily from the missions. If the purpose of the Boxes is for people to buy gold bars, and they actually do it with real money, then the rewards better be worth it. The in-game money prizes in the boxes are just nonsensical.

4. What happens after all the missions in all the tiers are completed? Right now, I'm finding that there is nothing left to be done...and after spending quite a bit on it too. Am I supposed to uninstall and reinstall to play anew? What about all those money spent? Therefore, how about having the Escalation, Hostage, Survival and Onslaught regenerating slowly just like the Daily Hunt missions across all tiers? This should be made as part of the game.
    iPhone 5 user
  • Steve00011Steve00011 Registered Users 2 Posts
    cadrecola wrote: »
    I'm in love with this game. RoboCop is probably the best software Glu has put out yet, and I play Contract Killer 2 quite frequently.

The cloud saving prompt saying "there is a conflict between cloud and local data" will continuously pop up every minute or two, regardless of choosing local or cloud. The XP and score shown for both, in my case are identical, so it is frustrating to have to keep choosing and moreso when it occurs during gameplay.

That's really the main bug I've found annoying. Performance could use a boost, I'm on an HTC One, which has a quad core and 2 GB of RAM, so smooth framerates in gameplay and menus is a reasonable expectation, especially considering the game's 90MB file size.

One final suggestion: the ability to switch between the "classic" RoboCop skin and the new "black armored" version, when unlocked.

Hopefully, others will use this thread to post their own responses/reports for bugs, performance across various devices, or suggestions.

I totaly Agree with You!!
    Game is VERY COOL, and it Defenetly needs a Performance boost! And it ALSO NEEDS AN BUG FIX on my Device, and MANY other devices too!!
    Cause the Game CRASHES A LOT!!!!!!!!
    I am playing the Game on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2(NOT Rooted)
    OS running Android 4.3
    And EVERY few Minutes The game force to close.
    It Crashes all the Time! I HATE THAT!!!!!
    I allready tried EVERYTHING!!! EVERYTHING!!!
    So it is DEVENITLY NOT an Issue with my Phone!
    I wrote a LOT of E-Mails to the GLU Support.
    (Since the Last two Mails, they didnt even awnsering me anymore)
    I also twittered them, but NOTHING happens. NOTHING!
    I mean ... A LOT MORE PEOPLE WRITING THE SAME IN THEIR RATINGS FOR THE GAME IN THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE; "Game crashes, please fix it"....
    "Would be a good game, if it wouldnt crash that much"...
    "Dont Work for me on a Galaxy S3"....
    and maaaany more like that! But did they Fix this?? ...NO!!! I think they dont even READ THOSE BAD RATINGS!
    I wish they would have a better Support, than this! Other Game Supports they gave me game credits for FREE and stuff like that, when i detected a Bug in one of their Games, and reporting to them via E-Mail. The Only Thing Glu Support did was writing me; "Thank you, we got all information we need from you."; after my first Mail! And they send me tipps like RESTART THE PHONE or DELETE CACHE and STOP ALL APPS IN THE BACKGROUND.. (haha... like I would'nt have done that allready! ....It was the first I did)
    Then, I wrote another E-Mail to GLU's Support! But they did'nt awnser me. Then a few twitter posts of mine..... but the same result; No Commentary from GLU MOBILE!!!!
    NO BUG FIX AT ALL! GAME STILL CRASHES!
    How long can it take to fix that?? Why they bring out Games, that arent really finished in development?
    It looks like I am the ONLY One who Freaks OUT because of that CRASH Bug in the RoboCop Game.
    Did Anybody here have the same Problem, maybe???
    In addition to my earlier comments/criticisms above, there's a really serious bug with the HV-2 Ares minigun. The accuracy dropped to 0 when the accuracy upgrades are purchased.

lgw8.png

Take note. The gun has been fully upgraded & I've highlighted the last accuracy node for emphasis. Then take note of the Accuracy rating/bar!

The DECREASE (not INCREASE) actually started with the 1st accuracy node as I recall and as you can see, there's no avoiding that last node for crying out loud. To make matters worse, the Accuracy rating/bar was already reduced to 0 from the prior accuracy node upgrades before I got to the last one highlighted above.

Those are not upgrades, those are DOWNGRADES!
    iPhone 5 user
  • adhiendhaadhiendha Registered Users 3 Posts
    is it can work at lenovo a369i?
    wso.jpg
  • BlackConvoyBlackConvoy Registered Users 1 Posts
    Ive been playing this since around January and love it. Its something I can pick up and play for 15 mins, do some challenges, pick up the daily reward. The graphics look slick on my old HTC One XL, very pleased with it. Probably the best game I've ever played on my phone.

It does have a few bad points; the local/cloud conflict message that keeps popping up as mentioned above. I'm on a flaky connection a lot of the time, having this pop up at the end of the mission would be fine - not in the middle of the mission. Same with the full-screen advertising, can't stand it when I'm in the middle of a gunfight when the advert pops up. Happy for these to appear before/after any loading screens or what have you.

I don't agree that the game is pay-to-win. Sure, if you want to finish the game in a week, yeah it is. I've just beat the final mission and love that I was able to do it without having to buy currency packs (unlike most free to play games) and was considering picking up a few bundles of coins to say thanks to Glu and check out the *Tier guns, going back and doing the hostage/survival/etc missions that I missed due to lack of upgrades. Was too expensive to buy a new shotgun every tier so I suck with challenge modes and daily challenges to earn cash to progress through the tiers.

I say that I was considering buying coins, I'm not anymore. I upgraded my OneXL phone to an LG Optimus Pro. The game shows the title and the Omnicorp load screen but crashes back to the Android OS instead of loading the menu and all Ive found to resolve this is "free up memory". This is definitely not the cause, its got nothing else running on it and have just reset it to factory. I don't want to go back to my old phone with substantially less resources just to play the game. If anyone has any insight as to what could be causing the crash, I'd love to get back to the game and check out some of those guns.

Thanks for the great game, and thanks for reading, hopefully someone can help me with the issue.
    Update 3.0.0.

Now THIS is how you do updates by introducing something new to do. All in all, I like this update but there's still the issue that I have pointed out above and in another thread: Once the mission is finished, what else is there to do?

I think I'll repost the same thing I posted in the other thread:
    Lack of mission variety. Other mission types - Escalation, Survival, Onslaught and Hostage are still not opened back for play once they are completed. Why? I've raised this issue before and I'm raising it again. Why not make it so that after the set 20 missions for each mission type are completed, each mission type will have only 1 mission (or 2 or 3) which regenerates daily just like the Daily Hunt? It gives players more option rather than the (stale) Challenges.

Make no mistake, I really like the new update but that's it. Once all is done, where is the replayability? Leveling up? I'm not interested in that. Gold? Just one per level up and when you're at high enough level, the process of leveling up is more than tedious enough to make me avoid the Challenges. Only the Daily Hunt is tolerable right now and that's because it also gives research points. So, I'll repeat it again, why not re-open the other mission types?
    iPhone 5 user
  • siris187siris187 Registered Users 2 Posts
    got a question i installed robocop on my nvidia shield works awesome but i recently had to uninstall and then restall the game lost all my glu credits and i had a lot invested into it . how do i get that back?? since it logs into my google account should be in the cli=oud right ?? anyways just wondering how i get my stuff back and my unlocks basically
  • rquiroz39rquiroz39 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Jdjdjidieijwjwiow
    cadrecola wrote: »

• JeffparrishJeffparrish Registered Users 7 Posts
    You have totally explained the problem i'm having and I have 50 mbps from my modem and 2 ghz ram and still have to do all my quests over at least four times to finally get the right save, VERY DISCOURAGING!!!!!!!!!But GLU does this on purpose to keep making money and for us to keep playing whether we send money or not!
  • rox1026@hotmail.comrox1026@hotmail.com Registered Users 3 Posts
    HI ya. I would like to know where is the link button to Gamecenter(IOS) I have played it for a week on my iphone and I think it will be much better for playing on the Ipad. However, I have no record when I enter the game on Ipad while my gamecenter has both login on my Iphone and Ipad. So I really want to know how I can make the record appear on my Ipad.