Options

Everything Great about the game

DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
I love this game already, It is just like DH14, but better.

The detail and colors in the skin of the dinosaurs and the levels are great.
I especially liked the trophy hunt dinosaurs razor,crowned dragon and cardinal as far as looks go, and the last trophy hunt in region 1 was great having to hit all the areas of his body, and same with cardinal, but cardinal was further away, so It felt really easy knowing he wasnt going to get close enough to kill me

The fact that dinosaurs each take multiple shots is great, because in deer hunter all of the animals were 1 shot unless you intentionally played without a weapon strong enough. and even though the dinos take more shots, they are not made much harder to kill.

The first time I was attack by a Pterodactylus (sorry if I cant spell) my jaw dropped... for some reason though I was not able to kill it once it was in attack range, but that is fine because it makes it so the player must kill them before they get in range... not sure if that was the intention, but I like it.

All other dinos attacking make me laugh because for some reason I feel like I am looking at yoshi jumping for joy.

Most importantly, the fact that I have previously seen all of these great changes suggested in forums, which shows that glu really does care about their customers' wants.

another addition would be the weapons, rocket launcher, minigun and burst action ARs. there are full auto as well but I havent bought either of them yet :(.

The details in this game are great because with a somewhat unrealistic hunt of dinosaurs, they are free to be as creative as they want, for example the great looks of the guns, the crossbow and longshot pro and the phantom elite with their almost alien like looks... similar to the headsman and headsman elite pistols that were used to kill zombies in DH14.

The marshall law is a great first shotgun.

Also, I am saving up gold to get that jungle power pack, I cannot wait to see what the dino decoys do!
I am curious to see what other consumables will be in this game, but I never really used the consumables in DH14 because they were so great I wanted to hold onto them because with something so great you dont really want to use them up, however I do have 20 of all of them, so maybe that is just my own personal problem, I just wish there was a clear reason for them. The best reason I ever found was to get 100 duck kills in DH14 with the sport drink which is a fun achievement to try for.

I like that you added tail shots, and I saw a level that had 1 of the species I was supposed to kill and 2 of another species, I would like to see more missions with a variety of other species to distract you from the ones I am looking for.

The pieces in order to unlock region 2 is fun but seems unnecessary since you just have to finish the trophy hunts as usual, but It makes no difference, I like the pieces... Ans I love the fact that I have to do trophy hunts to unlock the exotic hunts in region 2, This as a fantastic idea, as well as testing guns!

Lastly, thank you for opening this Forum so that I can vent!

Thanks Glu, this game is fantastic

~John
My device: iPhone 5c
Choice Dude on Board

Comments

• Options
    I also think that having only 1 gun (no secondary) is beneficial, because It requires the player to use a certain weapon on some hunts, ensuring that they have to face the challenge the way they were meant to, rather than switching to a weapon that is easier to kill with

Also, the heart shots being 50 and lung shots 25 is a great improvement from 10/5, although it still takes forever to add up to be worth much
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    I just now got to the second set of hunts in region 2... and one of my shots was BLOCKED! by the spikes on a dinosuar, this is awesome!

Yoshua striker fires ninja stars! And yosh again makes me think of yoshi lol that silly Japanese dinosaur is now dying to shurikens

There are so many small things in this game that I love and always forget to mention, but trust me i notice them. This game is so incredible, I just wish I had the dish to but the rest of the guns, but alas I do not... I am starting to think this beta progress will carry over into the game because at this point, had I not done the offers, I would no longer be able to progress, and what's the point of not letting a. Beta tester try out all of the guns? I do thank you for the sera that is very fun indeed. I Also missed out on the decoys but I can only imagine them to be fantastic. Just finishing up the gosh and rpg still... Oh and I contacted, sent a complaint to trial pay because none of the offers are working and I haven't seen any videos, thought I would see if they know what's going on.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Dinasaurs plates almost like armour making shot placement far more critical I gather from your thread good to have more freedom. Regrading wewpons as dinasaurs things like grenade launchers will add fun element to the.genre
    ( + )
  • Options
    Yea, the shot placement isnt really as crucial as I would like... if you watch that video that is floating around the web, you can see that on the trophy hunts, although they are much better that they were, you just need to get close to the heart... I am ok with the red circles when going for the head body and legs, but when you are going for the heart at the end, it should make you go for the heart... and as for my shot being blocked, that has only happened to me the one time. but hopefully they do make it so its very tough to get around the spines later in the game
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    So only one weapon carried making the choice critical to match the prey I'd like to see multi purpose weapons like an M16 assault rifle with fast rate of full auto twin drum magazines and a grenade launcher underneath for when you need the big stuff
    ( + )
  • Options
    that is a great idea, maybe with a limited amount of ammo.. 2 grenades sounds about right :)
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    The idea of one gun for the hunt more realistic and I hope ammunition options are added to make weapons more multi role such as sabot rounds and slugs make a shotgun a much better long range proposition and solids would be better on big dinos where as expanding ammo would be.better for smaller dinos just makes life more interesting I think to choose specific ammo for completing a mission
    ( + )