Options

Sleek Freak Geek Sneak...

beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
allright now, a lot has been said already and i'd like to put out a big 'THANK YOU' to DjRadNad for initiating the forum and putting all these infos together - don't underestimate the work put into it. it's even more like a wiki, good work!

actually, DjRadNad, i think you should qualify as moderator by now; quite shure glu will offer you a (very well compensated) position soon... ;-)

just let me share some of my own prehistoric hunting experiences with you.

hunting them saurs is just great! really, glu took all sorts of inputs from the forums and melted them down to one new and brilliant hunting alloy. the drawings/graphics are just fantastic with a lot of detail and the sounds and background music are a whole new experience. the background music is just as addictive as the one from deer hunter.

speaking of sound: others have mentioned that using headphones enhanced their gaming experience. as i just recently acquired a 'bose soundlink iii', let me tell you... man, go hunting with sound(effects) up and loud on an external speaker system - may even wanna hook it up to your stereo - and you'll forget you're sitting on your couch at home; feels like you're really out there in the jungle tracking down some dinos... do you feel the mist on your skin, do you smell the different odors...? (yeah, ok, might be laying it on just a bit too thick here but you're getting the point.)

BUT... these creatures are out there AFTER YOU... especially the pterodactylus at the waterfall setting, man, they're sneaky and'll show up from outta nowhere... you better have your musket loaded and ready ALL THE TIME... same as guanlong which started to become one of my favourites along with allosaurs that prove to be pretty tough...

the new weapons are a big development too; some of the assualt rifles having burst-fire (3-shot) and of course the full-auto ones of which by now i own only the sera... daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga... love the sera!

as of now just sitting here with too many hunter bucks and too little gold (rings a bell, eh?)... region 1 done except for the exotics as i don't have the mamba and region 2 first hunting series and sera-series done waiting for the gold to afford the striker... btw, should i go for the striker or the mamba first?

(being very short on gold) things like the jungle power pack are simply out of reach. the decoys are the 'animal calls'.

with trophy hunts i unlocked some map pieces (for region 3 i would assume) but can't get to the map i.e. scroll over to the right... shouldn't there be the map with the completed and missing pieces as there was for region 2? how are you supposed to know which map pieces / tasks are still missing?

interesting enough, at the top of the r2 map i have this flashing yellow square with the message 'Region complete' although i'm not through with r2 yet...

well then, all you (deer)hunters out there, while waiting for thule, i strongly recommed to 'take a shot at it' and go chase some primeval critters! (ios only and with nz apple-id as stated in other posts).

glu really 'hit the bullseye' with the dinos!

ps. as it seemed hard for me to find this new dino forum amongst the others i created a short-link for quick look-up: http://tiny.cc/dinobeta (i hope this is in accordance with the forum rules...?)

Comments

• Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I cannot wait for thesummer release of dino hunter deadly shores as your playing a beta version will your versions of the.game update allowing you to keep your progress when the official launch happens? Please keep us updated on weapons and predators this doe's sound like a dh2014 with improved artifical intelligence from the.predators
    ( + )
  • Options
    ...for me the question isn't relavant because at the time of the official launch i'll start playing from the beginning again on android... but good question actually... -- does anyone know, was there some kind of beta for dh14 and could it be upgraded?
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Thanks for the compliments, and you basically summed up the experience perfectly, while i went into detail of how I felt along the way.. as of now I was wanting to delete it all and sum it up cause, I felt like I wrote too much lol

That waterfall pterodactylus mission I wish i could play it over and over... I lost 2 if i recall, cause they really do come out of nowhere. and the guanlongs spawn in 8 or 9 spots on that contract hunt, so you really have to turn around if you dont see them spawning yet. PURE BLISS

Also allosaurus and bambiraptors are fun, one for being a beast and the bambi for being soo easy you can annihalate them all with the rocket and their bodies go pretty far lol

I notied that "region complete" thing too, as well as the fact that when you test out a gun, at the end of the mission, there is writing underneath writing, that is hard to read saying that you dont have the gun anymore, it was just a trial.

R3 is not on the beta so you cant see it.. as for the juungle pack, you could either save up for it, or save up for R3 pack, but it cost 430 gold, im at 100 going for it, and it doesnt matter if you choose striker or mamba first.

You seem to have the same thoughts as me, if i were to spend money on the beta i would want it to carry over to full game, but i doubt it will unfortunately, so im stacking up what i can from vids, but there are fewer than on DH14... and i have contacted trialpay about my offers not working, so they have me waiting 48 hours before trying any again... hopefully they will work after that :/

Glad to hear you liked it, hopefully more will move to NZ with us, it was worth the boat ride lol

P.S. if they make me a moderator, I will not type this much or people will think I am a weirdo lol... and I dont have a way with words as you do beerhunter, i laughed at all your jokes! (basically everything in parentheses)
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Btw, moderators dont get paid. If they did i would love to be one so i can buy gold in this game lol.

I wouldnt mind being one, but the real question is if there is any perk other than the title, cause if I were allowed to delete posts I would love to do it so I dont have to see some of these people arguing with other members. personal attacks are supposed to be grounds to close a thread, but I never see it happen.

Now a job a would really like would be to be a glu dev. I have made small games (tiled) by myself, and never really made it my practice cause it was boring to do by myself with no really great final product, and no profit.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    beerhunter wrote: »
    allright now, a lot has been said already and i'd like to put out a big 'THANK YOU' to DjRadNad for initiating the forum and putting all these infos together - don't underestimate the work put into it. it's even more like a wiki, good work!

actually, DjRadNad, i think you should qualify as moderator by now; quite shure glu will offer you a (very well compensated) position soon... ;-)

just let me share some of my own prehistoric hunting experiences with you.

hunting them saurs is just great! really, glu took all sorts of inputs from the forums and melted them down to one new and brilliant hunting alloy. the drawings/graphics are just fantastic with a lot of detail and the sounds and background music are a whole new experience. the background music is just as addictive as the one from deer hunter.

speaking of sound: others have mentioned that using headphones enhanced their gaming experience. as i just recently acquired a 'bose soundlink iii', let me tell you... man, go hunting with sound(effects) up and loud on an external speaker system - may even wanna hook it up to your stereo - and you'll forget you're sitting on your couch at home; feels like you're really out there in the jungle tracking down some dinos... do you feel the mist on your skin, do you smell the different odors...? (yeah, ok, might be laying it on just a bit too thick here but you're getting the point.)

BUT... these creatures are out there AFTER YOU... especially the pterodactylus at the waterfall setting, man, they're sneaky and'll show up from outta nowhere... you better have your musket loaded and ready ALL THE TIME... same as guanlong which started to become one of my favourites along with allosaurs that prove to be pretty tough...

the new weapons are a big development too; some of the assualt rifles having burst-fire (3-shot) and of course the full-auto ones of which by now i own only the sera... daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga-daga... love the sera!

as of now just sitting here with too many hunter bucks and too little gold (rings a bell, eh?)... region 1 done except for the exotics as i don't have the mamba and region 2 first hunting series and sera-series done waiting for the gold to afford the striker... btw, should i go for the striker or the mamba first?

(being very short on gold) things like the jungle power pack are simply out of reach. the decoys are the 'animal calls'.

with trophy hunts i unlocked some map pieces (for region 3 i would assume) but can't get to the map i.e. scroll over to the right... shouldn't there be the map with the completed and missing pieces as there was for region 2? how are you supposed to know which map pieces / tasks are still missing?

interesting enough, at the top of the r2 map i have this flashing yellow square with the message 'Region complete' although i'm not through with r2 yet...

well then, all you (deer)hunters out there, while waiting for thule, i strongly recommed to 'take a shot at it' and go chase some primeval critters! (ios only and with nz apple-id as stated in other posts).

glu really 'hit the bullseye' with the dinos!

ps. as it seemed hard for me to find this new dino forum amongst the others i created a short-link for quick look-up: http://tiny.cc/dinobeta (i hope this is in accordance with the forum rules...?)

Beerhunter, I fully endorse each and all your words. Specially the big 'THANK YOU' to DjRadNad. I also invoked one of my kiwi ancestors and downloaded Dino Hunter. I am amazed. You have perfectly described my feelings so it makes little sense for me to repeat what you said in much less eloquent words.

Thanks a lot, again, DjRadNad and thanks a lot BH for your magnificent description.
  • Options
    ...got the striker now, finally! hard earned 99 that was...!

just an impression of the throwing stars, kinda like them... now saving for the mamba...

2nj8pqa.jpg
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    beerhunter wrote: »
    ...got the striker now, finally! hard earned 99 that was...!

just an impression of the throwing stars, kinda like them... now saving for the mamba...

I really hate you :-) Do you know how many videos did I get today? Guess .... I'll tell you: 0, zero, cero, nada !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ...more stars, just a bit closer this time:

35i3vpd.jpg
  • Options
    im guessing you googled how to take a screenshot? I really do like seeing the throwing stars come out of a crossbow! they are such a creative idea, give that developer a promotion!
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    btw you dont have the mamba yet, but when you do try it one some pterodactylus... its really fun yqlisTk.jpg
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    im guessing you googled how to take a screenshot?

...no but didn't have mail logged in on the dino-device, ipad, when i sent you the first (cam) one... had to leave and didn't have much time, so just took a quick pic and mailed it... was faster, that's all.

--- one more, they ARE cool them stars, ain't they?

1zmhumx.jpg
  • Options
    hey, didnt know I ever got this screenshot in time, was just going through and deleting pictures...
    QR5Mh8n.png

So Im gonna add him to the species list...

But the reason I took this image is because I was gonna call it a glitch, I can see his organs through whatever that black thing is... I had something like this happen with a tree too... I dont know if I missed or if I couldnt hit the organs through the rock thing, but either way my bullet didnt make contact at all.

This same thing happens in DH14, but I didnt remember that happening until just now playing isle of thule, and you can hit them through rocks and trees, the infrare is just very helpful for finding targets I guess

and here is another good pic V3WtVAG.jpg
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    These are the species that blocked my shot
    11gYUN7.jpg

I also have pictures of trophy dinos, but have decided it wouldnt be right to show you them, they are amazing, and you need something to look forward to, a little mystery is good :)
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    ...lately taking down virtually everything with the striker... it's a 'clayton force for dinos'...

one of the six always finds it's target....

noatt1.jpg
  • Options
    Looks.stunning r3minds me of halo on xbox
    ( + )
  • Options
    Shrunken I think another name for ninja throwing stars I like the idea a rossbow fires them I agree give the dev a.bonus ;)
    ( + )
  • Options
    Shrunken I think another name for ninja throwing stars I like the idea a rossbow fires them I agree give the dev a.bonus ;)

guess it's 'shuriken'... check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuriken
  • Options
  • Options
    Cool links I've tried knife throwing and tomahawk throwing the throwing stars I'd love to try
    ( + )
  • Options
    Guess you guys didnt read the info on this page or look at the pictures...
    https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/dino-hunter-deadly-shores/id839263141?mt=8
    They clearly mention the shuriken crossbow so you should have known how to spell it lol... also you can see pictures of T-Rex and a ankylosaurus, looks like they are predators as well
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Nice link defo a t-rex in screenshot
    ( + )
  • Options
    its cool to think that they have the opportunity to put every dino in this game, which is alot! virtually every animal from prehistoric times, still no triceratops seen, which is one I would love to hunt

And like you said somewhere, wooly mammoths would be a fun rare hunt or event.

I just did a search for dino species and my god are there a lot. I couldnt possibly imagine someone could remember them all even if it was there life's work to

But i did find out that there are more flying (or believed to be) species, so hopefully there will be more in the game. Preferably more preds, but 1 or two prey also please

P.S. I would love if they spawned some kind of amphibious animal in the water, and had it come out and run onto the land after you... you would only see a shadow when they are in the water... also in DH14 this would work for gators/crocs
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    I think dino hunter has the potential to firmly leave dh2014 in the shade unless more stalking or AI of predators is increased in dh this game has so much more potential
    ( + )