Options

Facebook / Guild Features?

Peridot WeaponPeridot Weapon Registered Users 10 Posts
Is there a "point" to having a Guild, or friends on Facebook playing the game, right now?

ca5ba mentioned to me that if you've got a Facebook friend that's reached the same level as you, you'll get a minor stat boost (like +5 HP) when you enter that particular dungeon, but that might be the only Facebook benefit at the moment.

As for Guilds, they look like they're purely cosmetic. I have a few people in my own guild (Treaders of The Dawn), but all I can do is see what they're currently wearing for equipment, and my interaction options are limited to promoting a person to Guild Leader or Kicking them from the guild.

Having features like putting gold/gems towards various guild features (increasing the maximum number of members, stat boosts, once-a-day additional benefits like an extra free Standard Chest or a potion to refill 10 Courage) might make guilds more meaningful. Naturally, the better the benefit, the higher the cost and the more members would need to be in the guild.

Being able to "donate" old equipment or gold to lower-level guild members would be a good feature, too. I could understand not wanting to add that, though - if people could get Circle or Triangle items from higher-level characters, they'd be less likely to buy gems and chests! :)

As for Facebook friends, there should be some benefit to encourage people to "advertise" the game to other people on Facebook, but without being something that makes the game too restricted to people who don't want to use Facebook. Like ... I dunno. Each Facebook friend you have increases your gold found by 1% (up to 20%), or for every five Facebook friends you have your maximum Courage increases by 1 (up to 5).

Comments

• Options
    adamtfvadamtfv Registered Users 4 Posts
    Totally agree, just joined a guild, although only with one other person and I don't see the benefit.

Being able to gift/trade items would be great, especially since you get next to no gold selling off an item that you personally aren't going to use due to space or better gear you already have! it would definitely help out the new players. (I personally felt that after the first 3/4 levels it suddenly got super difficult and I hadn't found anything other than my starter gear).

Maybe then being able to craft custom guild gear vs the +,++ items. That could perhaps tie in with the guild contributing gold to a common fund to get all the members customized guild gear/a weapon named after the guild?
  • Options
    adamtfvadamtfv Registered Users 4 Posts
    Just played a bit, one benefit of the guild is that you will see a little player icon above the level where your guild members last were/are. If you then do that level, that guild member will be by the first chest to use a potion on you.

That's all I have noticed thus far.
  • Options
    ca5baca5ba Registered Users 35 Posts
    yea thats about it atm , i have 10 people in my guild and nothing much other then a potion sometimes , i think in later updates they might bring something great out