Options

Dinohunter tips?

RudiRudi Registered Users 1 Posts
Anyone got any hints,tips etc for Dino hunter ?? I've completed 3 stages and can't get past last one can't get any further , I'm on contract hunt.

Comments

• Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Rudi wrote: »
    Anyone got any hints,tips etc for Dino hunter ?? I've completed 3 stages and can't get past last one can't get any further , I'm on contract hunt.

The only hints I can give are to try to save up and purchase the region 1 specialty pack before unlocking region 2... It is a great deal, better than the 1 time offers, and it expires when you unlock region 2.

And purchase the region 2 pack before you finish region 2, or it will be replaced by region 3 pack

I would make sure you always have gold incase you get a 1 time offer that you want...
    trying a weapon on the 1st hunt of an exotic series are usually followed by 1 time offer...

Also, dinos can sneak up on you out of no where! so be prepared and reloaded

I will let you know if I have any others
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Sneaking up sounds good what are the sound affects like doe's the game immerse you in atmosphere by having realistic sound affects would love to hear t-rex stomping and trees crashing down long before you see him assuming t-rex makes it into the game also volcanoes erupting would make for great effects and an ice age hopefully to explore
    ( + )
  • Options
    I agree, right now the sound affects are better than dh14, but all around the same premise... the animals grunt when you kill them and its the same music, just tweaked into a more jurrasic park sound... I keep getting this music come up when im watching the video ads... I think its from the game, I love it though, I want to find out how i can upload it for you lol

P.S. you alreadyy saw that youtube video, so yea most of the sounds are on there lol
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    The.you tube trailer I was watching visuals more I'll look at.it again with headphones on like the backdrops as you said in another thread the level of detail breathtaking I playing the dall sheep in r3gion 10 dh to get neck shots and after killing 5 take a minute to take in the beauty of the surroundings
    ( + )
  • Options
    If I recall correctly, you are talking about the level with the river in it... When you spawn on the side where you see the river( killing polar bears, wolves, or bison) shoot at the water and you will see that most of the river was made very quickly, only the middle splashes... But on dino hunters they seem to have really taken their time, each stone has the stone pieces shoot up rather than the grass or dirt... I have been looking at detail on these games../ deer hunter level with the little ocean pond and fish was made to splash properly, I don't know if they just decided rapids shouldn't splash from bullet contact or if it was just an overlook.. But my point is dino hunters is very well made
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Its all in the details this adds to immersion in the game
    ( + )
  • Options
    lol, courtesy of beerhunter... (I think he actually took a picture of his screen, and i think i see his reflection)
    NDvW66b.jpg

So dino decoys= animal calls.

Thanks beerhunter
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...yep, screenshot the cam-way. and yeah, reflection... would that be disclosing personal information not allowed by forum rules? (you, dnr, are an expert on THAT subject...)

;-)
  • Options
    Dino decoy so they use decoys to bring dinasaurs back to hunting ground?
    ( + )
  • Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    Dino decoy so they use decoys to bring dinasaurs back to hunting ground?

exactly that. the 'dino decoys' are nothing else than the (normal) 'animal calls' in dh. used when non-attacking animals/dinos ran off or time ran out.

wonder, if there'll also be 'rare dino decoys'...?
  • Options
    Rare hunts are cool hope.they appear in dino hunter as an opportunity to win weapons
    ( + )
  • Options
    Rare hunts are cool hope.they appear in dino hunter as an opportunity to win weapons

Yea I also liked the initial Rare hunts that gave out a lot of hunter bucks and only showed up rarely, I would always forget to look for them though and after an hour they were gone, I like the rare hunts for the hidden region in DH14, but I wish that the other regions had the ones that would just show up sometimes. gave a chance that you could have something out of the ordinary thrown in so you werent just doing the same contract hunts all day.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    These tips are probably iOS specific:

1. Once you've gone through the tutorial hunts go to the weapons store and download all of the weapon graphics. (Reason is that I received a false internet connection issue when being offered a one time deal and the game wouldn't let me purchase it without the graphic already loaded.)

2. Watch your free gold videos before you start playing rifle series hunts. The first one time offer will be for 17 gold and there will be another one time offer later for 192 gold (exotic weapon "Stinger").

3. There is a one time offer for a weapon not provided in the weapons store "Windsor Pro Elite" which has a 228 max power and a 0.45 sec fire rate, but so far the offer is always more hunter bucks than you have. I haven't figured out how to get it without purchasing hunter bucks but I'm going to restart the game again and see if there is a way to get it for free. My last attempt I had 75000 hunter bucks and it was offered for 86000. The first time I only had 5000 hunter bucks and it was offered for 15000, so it looks like it's always offered for 10000-11000 more than what you have so you have to purchase hunter bucks. I'll update this if I find the amount the offer caps out at.

4. Use the red target circles the game provides. If you're used to playing DH2014, you will tend to want to shoot for the head first, but in Dino it definitely helps to shoot the legs first(when directed) to cripple the prey and finish it off with the organ shot.

5. Unlike DH, Dino forces you to use multiple shots on large Dino's like the T-Rex so upgrading your capacity to at least 3 is a good purchase.

And finally...have a great time! All of those requests we had for DH seem to be included in Dino. Thanks for listening Glu!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Ga8or22Ga8or22 Registered Users 34 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    The only hints I can give are to try to save up and purchase the region 1 specialty pack before unlocking region 2... It is a great deal, better than the 1 time offers, and it expires when you unlock region 2.

And purchase the region 2 pack before you finish region 2, or it will be replaced by region 3 pack

I would make sure you always have gold incase you get a 1 time offer that you want...
    trying a weapon on the 1st hunt of an exotic series are usually followed by 1 time offer...

Also, dinos can sneak up on you out of no where! so be prepared and reloaded

I will let you know if I have any others

I have not found the region 2 pack - when does it become available?
  • Options
    Ga8or22 wrote: »
    I have not found the region 2 pack - when does it become available?

this thread is quite old, the region 2 pack was in the beta.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Wondering if decoys are available to purchase. May need them later
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    BeekerBeeker Registered Users 57 Posts
    David T wrote: »

2. Watch your free gold videos before you start playing rifle series hunts. The first one time offer will be for 17 gold and there will be another one time offer later for 192 gold (exotic weapon "Stinger").

3. There is a one time offer for a weapon not provided in the weapons store "Windsor Pro Elite" which has a 228 max power and a 0.45 sec fire rate, but so far the offer is always more hunter bucks than you have. I haven't figured out how to get it without purchasing hunter bucks but I'm going to restart the game again and see if there is a way to get it for free. My last attempt I had 75000 hunter bucks and it was offered for 86000. The first time I only had 5000 hunter bucks and it was offered for 15000, so it looks like it's always offered for 10000-11000 more than what you have so you have to purchase hunter bucks. I'll update this if I find the amount the offer caps out at.

I was so mad about missing the OTO for 17 gold. And I heard that there are offers for Hunter bucks so I played only contract hunts for 2 days. I was at about 170,000 HB and decided that was enough. Played the trophy hunt #2 I think and was offered the pro elite for about 180,000. I was so ticked off. But it sounds like a SCAM Glu is playing where you can never have enough HB.

Shame on you Glu.
    Otherwise great game.

Suggestions:
    Let us downgrade the sights.
    Make the special weapons cheaper, and let us use them on any hunt.
    Let us use gold from DH. iOS users
    Add bounties.
    Have an exchange rate for HB to Gold, and gold to HB. Even though it will be pennies on the dollar compared to what could have been purchased with real money.
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    Beeker wrote: »
    I was so mad about missing the OTO for 17 gold. And I heard that there are offers for Hunter bucks so I played only contract hunts for 2 days. I was at about 170,000 HB and decided that was enough. Played the trophy hunt #2 I think and was offered the pro elite for about 180,000. I was so ticked off. But it sounds like a SCAM Glu is playing where you can never have enough HB.

Shame on you Glu.
    Otherwise great game.

Suggestions:
    Add bounties.
    Have an exchange rate for HB to Gold, and gold to HB. Even though it will be pennies on the dollar compared to what could have been purchased with real money.
    I second all of your suggestions!
  • Options
    I second every word!
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Thank you Beeker. I just passed 170000 and had the same thought as you; good thing I checked back on this post. So now the question is "do I want to spend 250K on a rifle with only region 2 power"? Stubbornness or Stupidity?

And yes, I like all of your game suggestions.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Beeker wrote: »

Shame on you Glu.
    Otherwise great game.

Suggestions:
    Add bounties.

Agree 100%. Not much has turned me off from these games (DH2014 & Dino) but the rigged hunter buck deal. I'm fine not playing the exotic series past the freebies, just like I am with the seasonal hunts in DH2014, but rigging the game is just not cool. Only other suggestion I would have is something that keeps a kill tally (Facebook). I'd love that on DH2014 as well. Love the game, but have never been a fan of paying real money for exotic weapons that aren't useful after a few hunts. lol, I wish I could bring my DH2014 ****nal to this game!

(edit to add, I didn't curse, just typed out a-r-s-e-n-a-l)
    Facebook player