Options

Glu has been listening! Thanks!

DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
Looks like Glu has honored our wishes! Got this offer on the Elite rifle after the second R1 Trophy Hunt for Hunter Bucks instead of Gold! Unfortunately, I didn't have enough at the time, but I thought I'd show you guys anyway! Keep this up Glu!

C25AE602-16D7-4C1F-9313-79DB3BB3CE6E_zpsdydo30st.png
:cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:

Comments

• Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I got the offer too, but like you I didn't have enough bucks.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Same here. I was at about the same hunter bucks balance as you were when I got the offer.

In order to take advantage of the offer, you would have to resist the urge to upgrade and run through the trophy hunts as quickly as possible. Start by grinding out a ton of other hunts to be able to take advantage of that offer so early in the game. I doubt there are many who play the game that way right from the start.

I don't recall getting a similar offer yet in Region 2, but I still have three trophies to go in Region 2. I might just leave the rest for a while and build up the bank balance in case another offer like that comes along on another weapon.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Guys, I also got a second offer on the Darman Stinger in the Hunting Series. However, when I looked at the offer, there was no discount!

-PS to Glu-
    I also want to thank you Glu for increasing the discounts in the one-time offers since the release! 50% off just wasn't enough in the Beta. Now I can get up to 89% off the Pro weapons! I would recommend however that the Exotics' one-time offer be increased from 60% off to at least 80% off. Thanks in advance if you do this and keep up the good work!
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I hope the listen to my request, the exotic weapons should be used for more hunts and regions to come. They are expensive and should not be a 1 time use. For example, the next region (4) a exotic hunt that gives us a choice of what exotic weapon to use.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    just wanted to let you know that I played since there was only 1 region, and the only one time offers I have ever seen were 10% off for exotics, so even the 50% off you got when it was in version 0.3 was an improvement, glad to hear you guys are getting awesome deals!
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    SierraSurferSierraSurfer Registered Users 3 Posts
    Looks like Glu has honored our wishes! Got this offer on the Elite rifle after the second R1 Trophy Hunt for Hunter Bucks instead of Gold! Unfortunately, I didn't have enough at the time, but I thought I'd show you guys anyway! Keep this up Glu!

C25AE602-16D7-4C1F-9313-79DB3BB3CE6E_zpsdydo30st.png
    14483393909_361f5384d1_z.jpgUntitled by sierrasurfer2 Yours was on sale... So was mine. Weird the price difference. Last time I played it was set at $74,132 on "Sale". I went back planning to have ENOUGH MONEY to buy it. I reset my account and spent the whole day getting to the sale point again. I was shocked to see the price jumped out of my reach again to another random price of... $94,972!! Funny how the price is ALWAYS out of reach, EH!
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    I am hoping for some more cash offers on gold weapons when region 4 is released. I have been mostly playing region 3 contract hunts to build up my cash. I am saving my gold for the exotic weapons.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Windsor Longshot Elite one time offer is out of reach to entice you to purchase hunter bucks. I've restarted the game multiple times to see if Glu will offer it when you actually have enough bucks but 170K doesn't work (offered for 180K). I'm going to grind out contract hunts one last time and try 250K, but I'm pretty sure the system is permanently rigged. If it turns out to be more than 250K the time spent collecting that amount is equal to the time it would take to collect the 132 gold for the one time offer in region 2 (the more powerful version of the Windsor Longshot Elite). Although it's nice to have all of the weapons, the reality is that you don't end up using the less powerful weapons anyway, as you progress through the game.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Pretty sure the Longshot for Hunter Bucks is a rigged game.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    blue ridge wrote: »

I'm going to agree as I just racked up 260K and it was offered for 269K; just as it will be offered for 15K when you only have 5K. So if you are going to purchase hunter bucks you might as well purchase the 25K early on or better yet, just pay the $5 for the weapon combo pack.

At least you have a chance to watch videos for free gold and purchase the gold only weapons, unlike the Longshot Elite where you don't have a choice but to buy hunter bucks.

I hope Glu can take this as constructive criticism and apologize if this sounds like an unsupportive rant. I really do want Glu to be super successful because I like their games and I want to see a region 50 eventually, but this preprogrammed just out of reach hunter bucks idea feels a bit closer to a scam (JMO). I would suggest changing that by announcing an attainable free option like the DH bounty system or something that offers a chance through free play, even if it takes a lot of game play to do. Please buy into the idea that your popularity will last a long time to collect those advertising dollars; be the Google of online games! Maybe you could add a 99 cent for short term gain marketing like Candy Crush and other uber-popular games have been using.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    I commend you David for taking the time to rack up that much HB. I had no idea that this deal was a scam! Rediculous!
  • Options

I was looking back at each screen shot and I saw a number pattern. When the "Sale for the Longshot Elite" pops up, a little math equation is at work to keep you from having enough cash for the sale. $9,219 is added to your current total going into the sale. This amount keeps it rigged and just out of reach.

14,158 - 4,939 = 9,219
    94,972 - 85,753 =
  • Options

I was looking back at each screen shot and I saw a number pattern. When the "Sale for the Longshot Elite" pops up, a little math equation is at work to keep you from having enough cash for the sale. $9,219 is added to your current total going into the sale. This amount keeps it rigged and just out of reach.

14,158 - 4,939 = 9,219
    94,972 - 85,753 =

Despite all of that, I did fine with the Longshot Pro, and don't see the need for the Elite branded model.
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    It will be interesting to see if the math equation is still at work when region 4 is released.

I also think there should be a hunter bucks option for every gold weapon. I wouldn't mind if it cost a million hunter bucks for a rifle. It just takes to long to build up your gold for these weapons. And I'm sure most people are saving up their gold for the exotic weapons. Since I think those weapons won't become obsolete when rhe next region comes out.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »

I also think there should be a hunter bucks option for every gold weapon. I wouldn't mind if it cost a million hunter bucks for a rifle.
    Hear, hear.
    Facebook player