Options

How to get more Gold please?

NellypearsonNellypearson Registered Users 40 Posts
Hi

Have completed all levels apart from exotic hunts and now cant progress as will not buy gold. Is there no way of buying gold using bucks, surely this would of been better?

Comments

• Options
    timp69timp69 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I agree. I can't go any farther and won't buy gold. Allow us to buy gold with money in the game
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    On Deer Hunter 2014, there have been calls for the same ability. Based on experience there, don't hold your breath waiting to be able to buy gold with hunter bucks.

However, you can earn free gold by watching short videos. If you haven't done this, click the icon to the right of your gold count, and then press "free glu credits."

You can also use the Sponsorpay (Android) or Tapjoy (iOS) offers to get free gold.

Finally, if playing on Android, you can take advantage of gluwallet and use gold earned in other Glu games in this one. See http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?1896-GLU-GOLD-Tips-and-Tricks&highlight=tips+tricks for more info.

After that... it comes down to buying with real money. I have been playing Deer Hunter 2014 for a while now, and Dino Hunter since it came out, and have never had to spend real money on either game.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »

You can also use the Sponsorpay (Android) or Tapjoy (iOS) offers to get free gold.

iOS~ Dino Hunter uses Trialpay, DH14 uses Tapjoy
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    Trialpay sucks. Just spent 25 minutes doing a survey for 10 gold. Yea and didn't get the gold. Please glu drop trialpay and use tapjoy
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Trialpay sucks. Just spent 25 minutes doing a survey for 10 gold. Yea and didn't get the gold. Please glu drop trialpay and use tapjoy

I haven't received any glu credits for offers other than the watching videos for 1 gold at a time. You can keep track of it and submit trouble tickets. Personally I just stick with what works, which are the videos, Glu knows about the issues and I'd rather them spend their time fixing it for everyone.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    Yea I just generally do videos as we'll. already missed out on the exotic weapon deal on region 1 because I didn't have the gold. I was stepping out of my comfort zone doing surveys trying to get gold fast. Have done 2 now and not received anything. Trialpay sucks
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Trialpay does suck. Most of the time when you click on the offer it gives you an error. And the offers where you play the game for 2 minutes never pay.

That being said their customer service is decent. I have submitted about 10 tickets for offers I did that didn't pay me the gold. I got the gold after about 6 hours on most of them. But on some of the offers I had to send another ticket because Glu never sent the gold after trialpay verified that I did the offer. Still waiting on Glu to pay me my gold on 3 offers.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Rockstar0886Rockstar0886 Registered Users 79 Posts
    It all comes down to greed, greed, greed. You can only by the good guns w/ gold, but other than watching videos for 1 friggen gold each vid, there is NO WAY to get gold w/o real money. Not to mention the guns are all hundreds of gold. Not even a reachable amount. It doesn't take a genius to figure out if the price the guns within reason more people would strive to get the guns. I mean come on $20.00 for an exotic gun that you won't be able to in region 4. Glu, why can't you make your games for people to just enjoy & be fun w/o being based on MONEY?!!!
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    It all comes down to greed, greed, greed. You can only by the good guns w/ gold, but other than watching videos for 1 friggen gold each vid, there is NO WAY to get gold w/o real money. Not to mention the guns are all hundreds of gold. Not even a reachable amount. It doesn't take a genius to figure out if the price the guns within reason more people would strive to get the guns. I mean come on $20.00 for an exotic gun that you won't be able to in region 4. Glu, why can't you make your games for people to just enjoy & be fun w/o being based on MONEY?!!!

I agree that the exotics are very expensive. However, by your reasoning, popcorn in a movie theater should be free also. As well as the movie itself.

If you do not want do buy them, then don't.

I think GLU is tweaking their business model to find where customer pain points are for in-app-purchases. For me, the exotics are too much pain, so I pass. Hopefully, future IAP's will be more reasonable.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options

You do realize that it costs money to develope games right? And that those developers don't work for free?
    I do agree the prices are way to high.
    And Glu really is trying to get people to spend real money. I haven't spent any real money yet on gold and have 623 gold. I got the gold from doing offers and watching the videos. Which is really time consuming and frustrating. It really seems Glu is trying to make it to difficult to earn free gold.
  • Options
    casajr wrote: »
    I agree that the exotics are very expensive. However, by your reasoning, popcorn in a movie theater should be free also. As well as the movie itself.

If you do not want do buy them, then don't.

I think GLU is tweaking their business model to find where customer pain points are for in-app-purchases. For me, the exotics are too much pain, so I pass. Hopefully, future IAP's will be more reasonable.
    I don't think I said give out the exotics for free, I believe I said glu needs to make them more obtainable by pricing more reasonable or create hunts (or ways) to win gold, what good is the game buck you get for hunts if you can't buy the guns with it? & I can afford popcorn at the movies, it's way cheaper the the guns on here.
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    You do realize that it costs money to develope games right? And that those developers don't work for free?
    I do agree the prices are way to high.
    And Glu really is trying to get people to spend real money. I haven't spent any real money yet on gold and have 623 gold. I got the gold from doing offers and watching the videos. Which is really time consuming and frustrating. It really seems Glu is trying to make it to difficult to earn free gold.
    I do realize I cost money, but they're marketing needs work, cause by charging WAY too much I believe they are losing sales, rather than charging reasonable amounts & having people say "I can afford that" are they trying to pay their employees or but mansions & Lamborghini's?
  • Options
    I bet we will see some sales on the weapons when region 4 is released. Which is why I haven't spent any gold yet.
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I can't seem to get why it's so frowned upon to buy some freaking gold! Go out and buy a xbox or a ps4, then throw in the cost of games that add no new content. Then be able to put in your pocket or backpack. And still have the great graphics and quality that DH and dino hunter has? Then let me know. Don't get me wrong, gathering gold via videos and surveys is the way to go, then by all means do so. I just don't have time to do a 20 minute survey and not getting the gold, then submit proof that I did, no thanks. I'd rather buy it! I set a certain amount aside each month, just for buying gold sometimes I need it sometimes I don't. I'm not trying to start any fight here, it's just my thoughts that's all. Y'all are some great guys! So I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    lamestgameeverlamestgameever Registered Users 25 Posts
    Hey dumbfoxx you could literally buy a ps4 for the price glu wants you to spend on cheaply guns.

Why spend money on a game where you can't even walk around and is so easy ray Charles beat it ( or so I heard)? Only a fool would spend $$$ on this game.
  • Options
    I have nothing against spending real money on a game. But 480 or $20 on one exotic weapon is way to expensive for what you get. Which is why I'm waiting for sales.
  • Options
    Totally understandable sheppek, as for you lamestdickever, what to you know you freaking nerd! Crawl back down to your parents basement, put on your yoda jammies and go to sleep its past your bedtime. 3 posts in, and you want to stir up some sh*t. Uninstall the game, and don't come back.
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Totally understandable sheppek, as for you lamestdickever, what to you know you freaking nerd! Crawl back down to your parents basement, put on your yoda jammies and go to sleep its past your bedtime. 3 posts in, and you want to stir up some sh*t. Uninstall the game, and don't come back.

Don't feed the Troll.....
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    I know..every once in awhile we get one of "those" guys!
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts

Sucks is an understatement!!! I have completed about 20 videos, trial games and surveys and got gold for one! I gave up and don't even waste my time anymore. Seriously, ***?
  • Options
    IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I have nothing against spending real money on a game. But 480 or $20 on one exotic weapon is way to expensive for what you get. Which is why I'm waiting for sales.

I agree and also keep in mind you can't even play as long as you want to. Once your time runs out, you're done until it builds up again. That is what I hate most about this game. I guess it allows them to have tiny, cheap servers.