What are you guys doing to keep it interesting?

blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
Until the next region and bug fix (we're not playing as many contract hunts as are supposed to be available), there are just a handful of contract hunts to play. I've come up with a few strategies like I always did in DH2014 when waiting on a region. One thing I like to do is on all the tiny dinosaur hunts (the pea**** (I can't believe it edited out that word -the proud NBC bird) -like ones and the tiny green ones), I try to kill all 8 animals with just 4 shots of the shotgun. They cross paths plenty of times to do it, and it's pretty challenging. I once did it in three shots, it's possible to kill 3 or four if you're lucky. Another fun hunt is the 6 Elder Dromaeosaur hunt with an assault rifle. You really have to hit the head or vitals to drop them in one burst, and they can easily kill you during magazine changes, so you have to be strategic about that. That hunt is even more challenging with the region 2 AR -you'll die a lot before you beat it. I region one there are these big plodding cow-like dinosaurs called Hadrosaurs that you can wait until they are behind trees almost off the map and shoot them. Also, if you cripple a bunch (shoot their legs with AR and make them limp slowly) the rest will just huddle up -you can even still play and shoot them after time runs out, though you have to ESC from the game and the hunt fails. Neat glitch that I exploit every time. Any of the big dinosaurs you can shoot in the leg without killing will slow down and allow a bunch on your screen at once, or they'll huddle at their spawning point -which on some maps is somewhere they can be shot. Any of you guys got any innovative ways to pass the time on this game or challenge yourself?
Facebook player

Comments

• FireDragFireDrag Registered Users 1 Posts
    The only thing challenging right now is passing through level 27 before they fix it in the next update LOL so hard, the exp bar is even slower than snail LOL :))
  • g 78 33g 78 33 Registered Users 158 Posts
    28 is exactly the same
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I'm just slogging through the contracts as fast as I can to build up my bucks stockpile. Shotgun for everything. I do occasionally go to R2 to get the allosaurus (sp) and try to shoot the other animals before he gets me.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I've been using my 3 exotic weapons for most hunts, I bought one for each region. I feel I'm getting my moneys worth outta them!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    I'm using the R1 gold rifle to get multi-kills in the higher regions. Thank God "high powered" has meaning in Dinos.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool:
  • Ga8or22Ga8or22 Registered Users 34 Posts
    I use only a shotgun for all hunts - that keeps it interesting
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I find the shottie a bit too easy, only use it on tiny animals and birds, that I try to bag two per shot. Can't think of a hunt that the shotgun doesn't obliterate.
    Facebook player
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Shotgun gets everything
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I would like a 12 round upgrade though! The shotgun is the thunder clap in DH, one of my favorites!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx