How many contract hunts are there?

blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
I'm on level 3 with nothing but contract hunts left. Seems the same 5 keep repeating, DH had quite a few more, no?
Facebook player

Comments

• SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    In another thread, Bill1957 said that there were 7 different contract hunts (See Post 10 at http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?107676-top-3-contract-hunts).

I think that is about the same as DH, although I haven't counted.

I think that the difference is that in Deer Hunter 2014, you always had a choice of two Contract Hunts so you always have to decide on one or the other.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I have only counted seven. But they repeat very often. I like the bird hunt but it rarely comes up for me. Also in DH you had 2 weapons to use for one hunt so you could switch back and forth if you choose. Since the contract hunts in Dino are pretty boring I'm finding myself not coming back as often as I do for DH.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
    SubH2O wrote: »
    In another thread, Bill1957 said that there were 7 different contract hunts (See Post 10 at http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?107676-top-3-contract-hunts).

I think that is about the same as DH, although I haven't counted.

I think that the difference is that in Deer Hunter 2014, you always had a choice of two Contract Hunts so you always have to decide on one or the other.

There's at least 11 in DH.
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    There's at least 11 in DH.

14 in R11... but there are even more before you do the hunting series in both games
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    14 in R11... but there are even more before you do the hunting series in both games

I knew I missed some. Dino needs that many also.
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Well, I've noticed the ones with a red hat (can't think of their name) come twice, one where they spawn below you, and another where they spawn under a limb where they can't be shot at first. In level 2, there's at least an Allosaurus predator that you have to hit in vital areas. And you can use a downgraded weapon to make it challenging. But he only comes around every now and then. Fun game, but it felt like a lot more variety to hunt in DH once your trophy and region hunts were finished. Of course, it probably didn't at level 3...
    Facebook player
    just so know alot of the hunts were changed with the version 1.0 update... for instance that allosaurus hunt used to have 2 of them and no red circles, the 6 dromae hunt was once 4 then reduced to 3 until I expressed my disappointment, the R3 birds didnt spawn in groups and came from all directions almost at once, there was a 2 T-rex hunt in R3 as well that I would practice my eyeshots on (got both often)... anyways they have basically all changed, so maybe they will change them again, although I would rather they just ADD more!
    Choice Dude on Board
    Yeah, I remember that two Allosaurus hunt, wish they'd bring it back. For that matter, no reason the series hunts couldn't go on forever. Trying to get three lung shots and so forth was fun. Like with DH, now the only challenge is trying to shoot an extra bird or predator after filling your quota.
    Facebook player
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Well if you want something to do you can help me be a cheapskate and break the curse of the "Windsor Pro Elite" one time offer; always offered for 10K more than you have. It's in level 1 so you'd have to start another game. My latest attempt I had 75000 and it was offered for 84500. I rushed through the game the first time, had 5000 and it was offered for 15000; then I restarted the game built up like 40K and it was offered for 50K. Any takers?
    iPhone 4, usually.
    hahaha thats awesome! I really cant believe what I am reading!

Maybe I will go start a new game and collect 150k and if it does it ill take a screenshot, sounds like it will take a while though since i dont lay very often
    Choice Dude on Board
  • BeekerBeeker Registered Users 57 Posts
    You will have to collect more than 170,000. That's where I was and the offer was for 180,000.
    Seems like you can never have enough HB.
  • Duncan101Duncan101 Registered Users 1 Posts
    im on level 3 have all the parts for the map to proceed but there don't seem to a be a level 4. and all im doing it contract hunts when is the next level for dino hunter coming out
    blue ridge wrote: »
    I'm on level 3 with nothing but contract hunts left. Seems the same 5 keep repeating, DH had quite a few more, no?
    Region 4 isn't out yet. Word around here is it will be soon.
    Facebook player
  • IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    I have no clue why in DH there are 2 contract hunts and a much larger variety. Having only one contract hunt with a very few in each one gets very boring very fast. I doubt this game will ever take off like Deerhunter unless they change that. Unless you are 7 years old, this gets repetitive way too fast. They need 2 sets of contract hunts and more variety in each of them, like in D H.
  • DinoPeterDinoPeter Registered Users 19 Posts
    Islander wrote: »
    I have no clue why in DH there are 2 contract hunts and a much larger variety. Having only one contract hunt with a very few in each one gets very boring very fast. I doubt this game will ever take off like Deerhunter unless they change that. Unless you are 7 years old, this gets repetitive way too fast. They need 2 sets of contract hunts and more variety in each of them, like in D H.

There are actually the same number of contract hunts in a Deer Hunter region as there are in a Dino Hunter region. In both games, the set of contract hunts changes as you progress through trophy hunts. The only difference is that instead of having two to choose from at any time, in Dino you only have one to choose from.

Think of it this way: Deer Hunter deals you two cards up front (from the same deck), while Dino deals you one. After that, they work the same-- the card you take is replaced with a new one.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    hahaha thats awesome! I really cant believe what I am reading!

Maybe I will go start a new game and collect 150k and if it does it ill take a screenshot, sounds like it will take a while though since i dont lay very often

Don't waste your time, I gave up looking for the cap. Racked up 260K (level 15) before doing anything but contract hunts....offered for 269K.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    DinoPeter wrote: »
    There are actually the same number of contract hunts in a Deer Hunter region as there are in a Dino Hunter region. In both games, the set of contract hunts changes as you progress through trophy hunts. The only difference is that instead of having two to choose from at any time, in Dino you only have one to choose from.

Think of it this way: Deer Hunter deals you two cards up front (from the same deck), while Dino deals you one. After that, they work the same-- the card you take is replaced with a new one.

yup, pretty simple.

"There are actually the same number of contract hunts in a Deer Hunter region as there are in a Dino Hunter region."
    ~ yea maybe one of the DH regions has a small number of hunts in the final deck (after completing all trophies in that region) but R11 has 14 hunts in the final deck, which is much more than any final deck in dinos.

So please just add more, because even 14 gets repetitive, but 14 might be close to the perfect number, cause we still get attached to a certain hunt or two and hate waiting for it to come back up, so maybe create some system to help the ones you like to come up more often... the 2 contract icons, helped by letting us push one out of the way,

The main problem I see in having a system to choose your contracts (which I would like) would be that some players that are leaderboard driven would do the ones that grant most kills, and some players would avoid difficult ones, which to me makes me feel that they dont really earn their hunter bucks.

my favorite hunts are

ones that are difficult to survive; so far the dromae and the some of the bird ones.

the ones where I can blast through 3 dinos with 1 round, and sometimes line up 2 brain shots in one

the ones where the big dinos stand around long enough that I can practice hitting 2 eyeshots in a row

I also like long range hunts, and trying to kill a couple dinos before the target ones

I love the game as it is, but If you can come up with some more really good improvements, hopefully this gives you some ideas.
    Choice Dude on Board
  • DinoPeterDinoPeter Registered Users 19 Posts
    There are actually the same number of contract hunts in a Deer Hunter region as there are in a Dino Hunter region.

I did a little more digging, and discovered a bug. As you move through trophy hunts, the set of contract hunts available to you changes. It turns out that in Dino Hunter, when you get to the final set we're removing too many hunts from the deck, with the result that you have fewer hunts available to you than in Deer Hunter.

Thanks for helping us discover this issue! We're fixing it for region 4 and onward, so you'll see greater variety.

- Peter
    I did a little more digging, and discovered a bug. As you move through trophy hunts, the set of contract hunts available to you changes. It turns out that in Dino Hunter, when you get to the final set we're removing too many hunts from the deck, with the result that you have fewer hunts available to you than in Deer Hunter.

Thanks for helping us discover this issue! We're fixing it for region 4 and onward, so you'll see greater variety.

- Peter

That's good to hear. Thanks Peter!!
    Heck yeah, thanks, Peter!
    Facebook player
  • IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts

I don't get your card analogy, but there are not as many. Go to DH and play, count how many different contract hunts there are. Then go to Dino and count them.
    Islander, if you'll read a couple of posts back, he's aware of that, and discovered a bug. It's being fixed.
    Facebook player
    This is very exciting!
    Choice Dude on Board
    I have to ask, any timetable on this bug fix?
    Facebook player
  • viprunescapeviprunescape Registered Users 4 Posts
    you can use a downgraded weapon to make it challenging. But he only comes around every now and then. Fun game, but it felt like a lot more variety to RS 3 Gold hunt in DH once your trophy and region hunts were finished. Of course, it probably didn't at level 3... I think that the difference is that in Deer Hunter 2014, you always had a choice of two Contract Hunts so you always have to decide on one or the other.

I may sit this one out, if the reward is a region 13 assault rifle. I'll just buy it for hunter bucks instead. I've got a lot of extra plats, so I don't think I'll need anymore. I've got all available bows fully upgraded and 2400 extra plats. I may just use my gold to hunt, I've killed a lot of animals this week, and it's been fun!!

I'm ready! On the night shift with ****py service probably won't be able to download it til I get home?
    We can only give you a guess as we are not the developers of the game. We make guesses based on previous event release dates. With that said, my guess is tomorrow or Friday....
    So I haven't left region 4 to see yet. Has anybody gone into the earlier regions and confirmed that more contract hunts were added?
    Facebook player
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    blue ridge wrote: »
    So I haven't left region 4 to see yet. Has anybody gone into the earlier regions and confirmed that more contract hunts were added?

Region 3 does have more contract hunts.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Annata20Annata20 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Depending on the region, undertale yellow the number will vary