Options

Stingy With the Coinage

Timberline.ThunderTimberline.Thunder Registered Users 10 Posts
WOW! This new one rocks compared to DH2014 v2. Cool targets, fast pacing, and a much more memorable soundtrack! I have found myself really enjoying the game with one glaring problem:

Hey Glu! Why you no give me coin for achievement?

In DH14, there's bounties with 3 tiers for achievements with coins and power-ups, making the cooler weapons (the semi-auto rifles with scopes, for example) at least affordable for some and reachable for others with less spending cash but more time. There are some achievements in Amazon game circle (no rewards, however) for Kindle Fire users, but lack of achievements and the attendant gold and power-ups makes Glu look stingy and just a little--do I need to say it? ...okay: greedy. :eek:

For something clearly based on DH2014, the least you could have done was leave the Bounties in there. :p

So GG... How 'bout putting them back in?
Good Luck & Good Hunting,

:cool: Tim :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    Glu has developed a game you can play at no cost all the way through. I'd hold off on terms like "stingy" and "greedy."
    Facebook player
  • Options
    blue ridge wrote: »
    Glu has developed a game you can play at no cost all the way through. I'd hold off on terms like "stingy" and "greedy."

I can't speak to that, because I have yet to play DinoHunter all the way through. If you have a way of obtaining Exotic weapons and semi-auto Rifles without purchasing gold or time-prohibitive methods (1 glu credit per action), blue ridge, please enlighten me. Otherwise, using comparative analysis, words like greedy and stingy (or "less-gracious") can be used when perceiving the impact of changes to a program.

At least I balanced my criticism with some praise. Some folks just love to shoot you down. Wait a minute! Maybe I'm playing the wrong game. :confused:

Back to my question... why was the bounty feature removed or left out?

• Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    We may well see bounties soon on dino hunter. It took Glu a few months to introduce bounties to deer hunter. And with the huge success of dino hunter I am sure Glu will come up with new ideas for it.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    We may well see bounties soon on dino hunter. It took Glu a few months to introduce bounties to deer hunter. And with the huge success of dino hunter I am sure Glu will come up with new ideas for it.

Well put, Samer. I got to thinking the same thing after posting today. Oh well, if they do, I can claim I thought of it firs--er, sec--no, third. Third?

Third. (Edit) I wonder how long until Dino 2.0 (/Edit)

• Options
    I don't think you can make that claim, people have asked about bounties since it was in beta.

I have played DH2014 and now Dinos since launch. No, you can't play every exotic or holiday series or have certain weapons (that aren't needed) without spending gold, but you can play and finish every level. The exotics and holiday hunts have been underwhelming for me, ten or twenty hunts, and then you have a weapon you'll scarcely use again.

Developing games costs money. Talented people are working many hours to bring you these. And Glu is a business. Many, many games are out there that you simply can not complete for free. These Glu hunting games are not among them, and I'm appreciative of that. I don't buy gold nor do I attempt offers, so I can't advise you on that. But you needn't spend one penny of gold to play this game. And that's what makes Glu something I would call generous, rather than stingy or greedy.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    Michael WalravenMichael Walraven Registered Users 18 Posts
    I totally agree with Blue Ridge. If u had all the good weapons the game would b over in no time.Glu gave us an option unlike most companies. We can buy the best and b done with game in a day or play 4 free and enjoy the game..personally I like a challenge therefore free is for me...thanks glu!
  • Options
    brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    Thanks for the games..thanks to the system sharing...mission impossible..tune...have a look around...
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
  • Options
    blue ridge wrote: »
    I don't think you can make that claim, people have asked about bounties since it was in beta.

I have played DH2014 and now Dinos since launch. No, you can't play every exotic or holiday series or have certain weapons (that aren't needed) without spending gold, but you can play and finish every level. The exotics and holiday hunts have been underwhelming for me, ten or twenty hunts, and then you have a weapon you'll scarcely use again.

Developing games costs money. Talented people are working many hours to bring you these. And Glu is a business. Many, many games are out there that you simply can not complete for free. These Glu hunting games are not among them, and I'm appreciative of that. I don't buy gold nor do I attempt offers, so I can't advise you on that. But you needn't spend one penny of gold to play this game. And that's what makes Glu something I would call generous, rather than stingy or greedy.

You sure you don't want to throw in some pie charts or maybe lecture on the benefits Glu gives to its beta testers? I already know how the business works. In fact, Lots of companies are "generous" to users because the <free-to-play with optional purchases> gaming business model has been proven. Users flock to these games because it's possible to get satisfaction playing them. Of course I'm appreciative of the company's willingness to use the model. You think I would waste my time on a free-to-try, pay to play game? That's so 5 years ago.

Let me remove all doubt by saying clearly that l care about the game. I enjoy it. I play it often. I am grateful and appreciative to Glu for paying its programmers the money and possible benefits package to make this game a reality. Does that mean I can't contribute by posting suggestions and making comparisons? If criticism isn't welcomed, the game will suffer.

I said going from DH14 to Dino made it appear stingy. Your feathers got ruffled. I'm sorry. Glu is generous. Does that make you feel better? Please note that I also conceded that DH14 was further along in its development cycle. Meaning: the jury is still out and Glu can decide how much they feel like giving me and other users who don't have or want to spend their money within Glu's artificial economy. It's entirely their choice. So also is everyone's option to play the game.

blue ridge, if you were in a generic business, would you thank your supplier for giving you 3 weeks (or days) to pay him back even though it is an industry standard to give you 6? Generosity or the lack thereof is a matter of market perception and being subjective, it greatly depends on norms (common expectations) that change all the time. Don't be surprised if people question a perceived change, whether or not that change is real. We both care about a game that lets us hunt dinos with mythical guns. I think Glu's pleased that we care, IMHO.

• Options
    290yidh.jpg
    Facebook player
  • Options
    Michael WalravenMichael Walraven Registered Users 18 Posts
    Rotflmfao. ..Love the monkey!
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    LOL As an owner/part owner of several small businesses, I resemble that picture.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.